• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lefty2SLO
    Moderate Skeptic
    • May 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

In interviews after the draft, Jordan outfitted himself in a hyperbolic level of 'bling', flashed ghetto hand signs and in general came off as extremely self-impressed. I won't judge him as a human being for that, but it's absolutely not the maturity level I'm looking for in an employee, whether I'm running a football team or a dog food factory.

Amen to that . . . . . . . . . plus add the obvious lack of common sense and / or intelligence on display and you get a resounding - NO. The only good thing about this is the idiot didn't hurt anyone (or himself).

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

[QUOTE=Velo;n1510920]

He is very underpaid for a player who leads the league in scoring annually and whose combined yardage is consistently in the top 6 or 7. Ekeler has that uncanny ability to score in the red zone. The only other player like him I've seen is LT. It's a mistake for Chargers fans to dismiss Ekeler's value to the offense with the belief his production can easily be replaced by other offensive weapons. Players who consistently produces TDs and yardage like Ekeler don't grow on trees. He does more for the Chargers than Derwin James, who makes three times what Ekeler makes.[/QUOTE]

You keep saying that but don't offer anything to back it up. In another thread you wrote this, "And by every measure, Ekeler is more valuable to this team than Derwin." I wrote this in reply, "But, please, prove me wrong by showing how Ekeler is more valuable "by every measure." Unsurprisingly you did not reply.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

Interesting. In another thread Boltjolt posted a link to K.J. Wright complimenting Philip Rivers. I mentioned how I doubted Wright felt the same way about Russell Wilson. Turns out he doesn't.

"I don't want to go viral with this. I really don't. But a few dudes have came on here—off record, on record—and have said what they've said of how they felt about No. 3. When you play this game, when you go through this journey, it's all about the brothers. It's all about the brotherhood. And when it's all said and done, he's got a lot of making up to do. He's got a lot of phone calls to make. A lot of, 'Hey, bro, I should have done better with that.' And that's the God's honest truth. I can hold that inside but he's got a lot of making up to do."

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

And that's of course after the draft, which we can't see too many signs of pre draft.
          also, it's hard to seperate "a hyperbolic level" vs standard as the draft seems to be an ever more "red carpet" event.
          Not to mention the obvious young black culture dominant in a sport dominated by young black athletes.
          QJ himself had a chain with his grandmothers picture on it, which suggests a more family-values oriented first impression, but the bling was certainly there, and just about every prospect does that silly hand/finger gesture seen innevery rap video since 1990.
          pre draft I remember an interview with Addison who looked like a very down to earth, almost shy kid who would only be sparked in the interview when talking about routes. I came away thinking this was a kid who is genuinely only focused on his craft. Maybe he IS a technician in the making but obviously he cares about driving expensive cars dangerously too. Sad.
          All I'm saying is that Rashawn Slater, Zion Johnson and QJ all oozed maturity both pre- and post draft, in ways that Jordan did not. And none of these three Chargers has been cited tor driving 80-some mph over the speed limit.

What Jordan's arrest reveals is his phenomenally poor judgment. Yowza!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

[QUOTE=DerwinBosa;n1511074]
            Originally posted by Velo View Post

He is very underpaid for a player who leads the league in scoring annually and whose combined yardage is consistently in the top 6 or 7. Ekeler has that uncanny ability to score in the red zone. The only other player like him I've seen is LT. It's a mistake for Chargers fans to dismiss Ekeler's value to the offense with the belief his production can easily be replaced by other offensive weapons. Players who consistently produces TDs and yardage like Ekeler don't grow on trees. He does more for the Chargers than Derwin James, who makes three times what Ekeler makes.[/QUOTE]

You keep saying that but don't offer anything to back it up. In another thread you wrote this, "And by every measure, Ekeler is more valuable to this team than Derwin." I wrote this in reply, "But, please, prove me wrong by showing how Ekeler is more valuable "by every measure." Unsurprisingly you did not reply.
            Eke didn’t make more tackles, TFLs, INTs, Sacks, QB Pressures/Hurries - those are measures, right?

We need some football, to think we’re still nattering on about Eke’s $8M 2023 contract as a gross injustice is a sign of the times - a time of idiocy. there are a LOT of players that over-perform on a contract and a LOT of players that underperform on a contract. Yeah, so? The total salary amount already spent was the allowed team cap, there is no extra slush fund to pay the over-performers extra after the fact.

Maybe Eke should go to the players that sucked ass and ask for his money? Because it’s the other players on the team that already have every penny that the team is allowed to spend.

you want injustice - Salyer got paid $1M to start at LT. Whats Eke doing about that? Hello?
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by colorado View Post

Kellen Moore had a lot to do with that. He had a lot to do with all three picks from TCU.
              I agree with this.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Send PM

[QUOTE=dmac_bolt;n1511098]
                Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post

Eke didn’t make more tackles, TFLs, INTs, Sacks, QB Pressures/Hurries - those are measures, right?

We need some football, to think we’re still nattering on about Eke’s $8M 2023 contract as a gross injustice is a sign of the times - a time of idiocy. there are a LOT of players that over-perform on a contract and a LOT of players that underperform on a contract. Yeah, so? The total salary amount already spent was the allowed team cap, there is no extra slush fund to pay the over-performers extra after the fact.

Maybe Eke should go to the players that sucked ass and ask for his money? Because it’s the other players on the team that already have every penny that the team is allowed to spend.

you want injustice - Salyer got paid $1M to start at LT. Whats Eke doing about that? Hello?
                Ekeler has led the league in scoring two years running. Derwin led the league in giving up TD passes to Travis Kelce with the game on the line.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

idunno, maybe 6? Herbert, Slater, Pipkins, Lindsey, Slayer, Dub, ...?
                  - Note he makes more than some of them

About the same?
                  Ekeler's so durable, it's hard to tell ...... he's missed only 1 game the last two years.

He should take 4 - 5 games off this year to protect/increase his market value and make a point.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Ekeler's so durable, it's hard to tell ...... he's missed only 1 game the last two years.

He should take 4 - 5 games off this year to protect/increase his market value and make a point.
                    Ek had that injury in 2020 that caused him to miss 6 games. But in other five of the six seasons he's been in the league, he's missed a total of three games. And as you note just one game the past two seasons. For the number of touches he gets, he has been very durable.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

[QUOTE=Velo;n1511109]

Ekeler has led the league in scoring two years running. Derwin led the league in giving up TD passes to Travis Kelce with the game on the line.
                      dude. never let go! he gave up one TD and that leads the league? lol, are you really falsely asserting the only TD pass Kelce scored all year to affect a game was that one pass? Do you even remember he scored 3 TDs in that game, not just the one you can't get over?

Just looking at post-season games:

1. 2 TDs vs JAX in the AFCDG? KC won by 7
                      2. TD vs CIN AFCCG? KC won by 3
                      3. TD s PHI in SB - KC won by 3

3 playoff games, Kelce scored the victory margin in all 3

You don't think Derwin earned his full pay, we get that. its been debated ad nauseum. Don't devolve your argument to the level of imbecilic idiocy to try and amplify your point, you're better than that.

Drink Reaction GIF by Laff
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                        Moderate Skeptic
                        • May 2022
                        • Send PM

[QUOTE=Velo;n1511109]

Uh Oh . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
                          Moderate Skeptic
                          • May 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

If Eck starts making 'business decisions' like this he won't have a market next year . . . . . . . . . . . see John Johnson.

I don't think Eckler's that kind of guy, and I've always liked him, but who knows? Money changes people. It all seems foolish on his part to me - no matter how well he plays this year he won't get the megabucks contract next year (at 29 yo) that he apparently wants. All the continuing drama accomplishes is to reinforce to other teams that they may be getting a problem if they want to add him next year - it can't be helping his case . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

Working...
                          X