• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Well, I had him in my round 4 clusta, as a value pick. This was only after noting that the judge in Michigan went light on Clark. Seahawks drafyed the dude quite a bit earlier.
    Seahawks GM is the GM I would want. Bad ass! He’s killed the last two drafts big time.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      "Getting younger," the reason KVN says he was given, fits in with other obvious factors.

TT has stated we are gradually transitioning to the era of Herbert's big contract.

We MUST have young, developing defenders on rookie contracts in 2024 and beyond, ready to make large contributions.
      If Telesco truly said that - he is literally the dumbest GM in football today

Signing Frank Clark or Leonard Floyd or JJ3 or even KVN to a one year deal has nothing to do with the future of Justin Herbert

If Telesco were so worried about Herbert and that contract moving forward.... nevermind - he is just an effing idiot - if he said that.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

Clark would have been an excellent get as a rotational / backup player . . . . . . . . No-one's scared about anyone's backups - but he'd have been much better than what we currently have (at backup).
        Clark is a descending player... I'll take Rumph and Tuli. Backups are backups. Why over-pay?
        OLineCentric

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          JH3 and Me
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lefty2SLO View Post

So . . . . . . . I take it you don't care to actually add anything substantive. You just want to pitch a fit . . . . . . . carry on
          Cmon now buddy, don’t take it all so seriously. I apologize if my zeal caused you pain, I try and post rationale arguments all the time, just because you don’t agree is a different matter.

I’ll try to be more empathetic. Lets be pals again?

Friends Hug GIF by MOODMAN
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Clark is a descending player... I'll take Rumph and Tuli. Backups are backups. Why over-pay?
            Agree, .....Clark turns 30 on Wednesday and already has been showing signs of declining. JJ3 is also a shit player now after he got paid...PASS.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, .....Clark turns 30 on Wednesday and already has been showing signs of declining. JJ3 is also a shit player now after he got paid...PASS.
              And JT Woods has proved - what exactly

And Chris Rumph has proved what exactly

Neither have done shit - JJ3 at his worst is probably better than JT Woods at this point of their careers.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I mean, sure - Michael Bandy was a helluva back up
                What about Storm Norton - that guy was so good -- they didn't bring him back.
                Tushka or whatever at Edge - he sure made people forget that Joey Bosa was not available

All back-ups are not created equally.. Come on - Frankl CLark has shown on the field he can play at the NFL level. Rumph sure as hell hasn't. Tuli isn't even signed and as of today, would not be on the field the first game of the season. I am sure that will change, but today, if nothing changes with his contract, he will be a non-factor

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And JT Woods has proved - what exactly

And Chris Rumph has proved what exactly

Neither have done shit - JJ3 at his worst is probably better than JT Woods at this point of their careers.
                  Apparently to the coaches they have shown something. What makes you think you know better than the coaches?

JJ3 has shown he now sucks and doesnt put in the effort. Did you see the videos posted of his weak efforts? Is that the kind of guy you want them to sign? I dont care if he had a green dot and played well before, he hasnt the past 2 seasons and got released. If he played like that for us, you wouldnt want him back.I know most think he will play better for Staley, but what if he doesnt? Maybe he is what he has been the past 2 seasons!

Woods was a rookie last year and its amazing how many here shit on rookies after their rookie year and they dont shine right away. The guy was a 3rd round pick. Poor tackler but is supposed to be a ball hawk. Hopefully he has improved there. Cant be worse than JJ3 just not trying and letting them walk in the EZ like he did in those videos.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Apparently to the coaches they have shown something. What makes you think you know better than the coaches?

JJ3 has shown he now sucks and doesnt put in the effort. Did you see the videos posted of his weak efforts? Is that the kind of guy you want them to sign? I dont care if he had a green dot and played well before, he hasnt the past 2 seasons and got released. If he played like that for us, you wouldnt want him back.I know most think he will play better for Staley, but what if he doesnt? Maybe he is what he has been the past 2 seasons!

Woods was a rookie last year and its amazing how many here shit on rookies after their rookie year and they dont shine right away. The guy was a 3rd round pick. Poor tackler but is supposed to be a ball hawk. Hopefully he has improved there. Cant be worse than JJ3 just not trying and letting them walk in the EZ like he did in those videos.
                    I saw a couple plays - that was it. I didn't see the entire film study of JJ3. And yes, maybe his play is not as good as the past - I will grant you that. As its just not the Chargers but hte rest of the league has not signed JJ3 either. And its just not JJ3 or Clark - I am open to other VETERAN options at Edge or S.

But again, and I truly am not sure why this is so hard to understand - but the depth currently next to James is Alohi Gilman and JT Woods. The depth behind Mack and Bosa are Rumph and a person not even eligible to play the opening game as of today. I personally would be happy with more depth - and its just not me. There are others saying the same thing.

As for JT Woods. He played like 33 snaps as a rookie. Tahts terrible. As for where he was drafted - who cares. Not his fault he was picked in the third round but a safety that can't tackle, seems like an iffy pick For the other 31 teams in the league - he might have been a 4th or 5th round grade.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I saw a couple plays - that was it. I didn't see the entire film study of JJ3. And yes, maybe his play is not as good as the past - I will grant you that. As its just not the Chargers but hte rest of the league has not signed JJ3 either. And its just not JJ3 or Clark - I am open to other VETERAN options at Edge or S.

But again, and I truly am not sure why this is so hard to understand - but the depth currently next to James is Alohi Gilman and JT Woods. The depth behind Mack and Bosa are Rumph and a person not even eligible to play the opening game as of today. I personally would be happy with more depth - and its just not me. There are others saying the same thing.

As for JT Woods. He played like 33 snaps as a rookie. Tahts terrible. As for where he was drafted - who cares. Not his fault he was picked in the third round but a safety that can't tackle, seems like an iffy pick For the other 31 teams in the league - he might have been a 4th or 5th round grade.
                      Thats pretty irrelevent right now dont you think? He will get signed and not sure why he isnt.

His agent must be holding something over the contact that is supposed to be set for all rookies. He was at OTAs getting tips from Bosa so it isnt like he is holding out. Not yet anyways. Nothing to hold out for, he is a second rounder at a slotted pay grade. Kind of a head scratcher why he isnt signed.

Got to give rookies the benefit of the doubt. They differ in how well they take to the NFL. Adderley had zero snaps as a rookie and he wasnt a great FS but he was adequate. Going to figure Woods is a better ball hawk than he was. I will never call a rookie a bust after one season.

And again, im sure they will get the depth, it isnt isnt happening to your liking. Not sure the rush for you.
                      It dont have to be right now. Why not wait til some cuts come down the line? Id sure like someone better than JJ3 and there will be cap casualties that havent happened yet til they see the rooks and vets they signed. Im sure we arent the only team needing some depth and waiting it out.

If KVN will be signed, they know he knows the system. IDK, i know there is a process and i trust it more than others i suppose. Dont need to spend every penny of the cap. Maybe they know there are a couple players on the bubble they are waiting to see what happens? We dont know that either.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        JH3 and Me
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

At least for the most part everyone seems happy with the starters, as we’re fighting over 2nd and 3rd slots on the depth chart. Yet another piece of evidence this is the …

Year Of The Flip
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Agreed. When a respected college player looks that lost leaves little doubt why we have a new Defensive Coordinator and DB/ secondary passing game coach, among others.
                          ps: Woods tackle stats were good before he was drafted by the Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                          X