• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Schefter reported the Broncos and Dolphins - as two teams interested in Cook

I don't see the Chargers interested in Cook as they are going to see what they have in Spiller/Kelley - which is fine - just have to hope OL, Moore and the improvement of Spiller - will improve the running game.
    Both make sense. For the Broncos, he would be their Kamara which Payton would love. Javante and Cook would mean Russ is a game manager. For Miami, he’s the type of runner that McDaniels likes.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Cook is immediately the 1b to Ekeler 1a. Dalvin is so much better than the backup RBs on roster and he is 3 month younger than Ekeler.

To me it makes sense to offer Cook 3y/18m not only as insurance to Ekeler but because Chargers still have space this year. So they can pay much of that year 1 and then have Cook at like 4m per season for the next 2 years.

This would give them the option to franchise tag Ekeler for 10mil next year. And still have 2 great RBs in 2024 for about 14m which is a steal. Or if they let Ekeler leave, then they won't have a talent hole at RB in 2024 and 2025. Buys them time to find more RB talent to add over next 2 season.

I'm not sold on any of the back ups at all. I see JAGs that should never be #1RB for any team.

Lots of good reason to try and bring Cook in on a 3 year deal for 18m, IMO.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Broncos just signed Frank Clark - one year, $5.5m - with up too $2m more in incentives

Chargers could have done this deal pretty easily. Thats Floyd and Clark off the board

Tommy Gettleman - knock knock - you awake?

Comment

• Lefty2SLO
          Moderate Skeptic
          • May 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
          Cook is immediately the 1b to Ekeler 1a. Dalvin is so much better than the backup RBs on roster and he is 3 month younger than Ekeler.

To me it makes sense to offer Cook 3y/18m not only as insurance to Ekeler but because Chargers still have space this year. So they can pay much of that year 1 and then have Cook at like 4m per season for the next 2 years.

This would give them the option to franchise tag Ekeler for 10mil next year. And still have 2 great RBs in 2024 for about 14m which is a steal. Or if they let Ekeler leave, then they won't have a talent hole at RB in 2024 and 2025. Buys them time to find more RB talent to add over next 2 season.

I'm not sold on any of the back ups at all. I see JAGs that should never be #1RB for any team.

You sir, are much too logical to post here. Please take your common sense elsewhere . . . . . . . . .

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Broncos have plenty of cap. They can get whomever they want unfortunately.
            2024: Far From Over

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2022
              • White Rock, BC Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              They are showing 10 million available space and that might have been before Clark signing. Chargers have more space at 12-13

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                Chargers had more cap space than the Broncos did before this move. But yes, the owner of the Broncos is flush with cash to make this type of signing

I think this was a miss by Telesco at those dollars.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I am not even sure the Chargers would need to go three years for Cook. Probably one year 5m with some incentives...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

I thought everyone wanted TT to sign an Edge rusher?
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      Edge
                      Safety
                      TE - veteran minimum player
                      Oline depth - veteran minimum player

Thats where I think the roster could still use some veteran depth And for what the Broncos paid Clark, I think the Chargers missed the boat. At worse, could have had like $1-2m of dead cap on 2024 if he hits incentives this year. Thats nothing when you are already 60m over the cap next year and Clark might help you win a few games.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                        I think Critty makes a good argument for Cook but I still don't think RB is as much a need as Edge.
                        They missed the boat on Clark. Who's left out there? We do have one Edge from the UDFA group... Brevin Allen, Campbell. I know nothing about him though, or about Campbell College either.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• JOJAX85
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Irmo, SC
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I think Critty makes a good argument for Cook but I still don't think RB is as much a need as Edge.
                          They missed the boat on Clark. Who's left out there? We do have one Edge from the UDFA group... Brevin Allen, Campbell. I know nothing about him though, or about Campbell College either.
                          The Fighting Camels, Roo! It's in N. Carolina. They don't have a bad program.

Comment

Working...
                          X