• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Only 12 of the first rounders in that group got their 5th year options picked up.

Simmons could be a nice pickup for our defense if we need another safety in 2024. AZ has him playing LB and not sure thats his best use. I think he ran a 4.4 and is listed now at 238 LBs.

He is listed as a WLB in their defense which seems out of place to me. I think they are misplacing a couple of their defenders, Simmons and Zavon Collins. Joseph is their DC the past few seasons and it hasnt been that great.

Simmons could take Alohi or Woods spot in our defense. Perhaps even lose some weight to 230 lbs and he would be like Cam Chancellar back there. Honestly havent paid much attention to him since he was drafted.

Just a thought for 2024. I dont think he would be that expensive since his option got declined.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      Only 12 of the first rounders in that group got their 5th year options picked up.

Simmons could be a nice pickup for our defense if we need another safety in 2024. AZ has him playing LB and not sure thats his best use. I think he ran a 4.4 and is listed now at 238 LBs.

He is listed as a WLB in their defense which seems out of place to me. I think they are misplacing a couple of their defenders, Simmons and Zavon Collins. Joseph is their DC the past few seasons and it hasnt been that great.

Simmons could take Alohi or Woods spot in our defense. Perhaps even lose some weight to 230 lbs and he would be like Cam Chancellar back there. Honestly havent paid much attention to him since he was drafted.

Just a thought for 2024. I dont think he would be that expensive since his option got declined.
      Does he have the DB twitch needed to play cover vs WRs? He looks like he runs like a LB to me.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Does he have the DB twitch needed to play cover vs WRs? He looks like he runs like a LB to me.
        Dude is an athlete. He had a 1.51 10 yard split, ran a 4.4 and has decent long arms at 33 5/8". Maybe he can be an edge/hybrid for us with his twitch but he is playing OLB in a 4-3. I just think he is misplaced in their defense. He isnt a classic 4-3 LB imv.

Im not into them but im sure his RAS score is 9.9 lol. Some here will love it.

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Dude is an athlete. He had a 1.51 10 yard split, ran a 4.4 and has decent long arms at 33 5/8". Maybe he can be an edge/hybrid for us with his twitch but he is playing OLB in a 4-3. I just think he is misplaced in their defense. He isnt a classic 4-3 LB imv.

I liked him in the draft. Former S with nice change of direction and burst. Better in space. He doesn't add much to run D, pass D, yes.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

10 yard split isnt change of direction - 1.51 is good for his size for sure.
            Chargers aren’t getting him, cmon now. They already have high priced stars they will ahve to get rid of next year.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
              How do the packers do it? They get guys to take paycuts regularly…I still don’t understand why so many people mock the packers for not having an owner, they are one of the best run organizations in the NFL…

if I was Love’s agent I would’ve let them decline the 5th year option, you go out and have a big year and in 2024 they franchise you and you make around 35mill, yes, he’s now guaranteed 13 mil for 2024 but if he thrives in 2023 he stands to lose around 15-20 million in 2024 that he’ll never be able recoup…
              Who here mocks the Packs for not having an owner?

Holy Christ!

Past
              dataurl984818.jpg
              dataurl557507.jpg

Present
              dataurl328483.jpg​​

Future
              dataurl353904.jpg​:cuss:

​​

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

I was high on Simmons when he came out. In fact, I said if they don't take a QB, I hope they take Simmons. I had him pegged as a Safety and I had visions of two great Safeties back there side by side. But, it's too late now, he won't be in our price range.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

I like the idea, but I think the best we can say at this point is that he can "compete" against Alohi, Simmons hasn't proven anything, especially at S.
                  Alohi isn't special but deserves more opportunities based on timely plays, motor and great awareness.
                  2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I like the idea, but I think the best we can say at this point is that he can "compete" against Alohi, Simmons hasn't proven anything, especially at S.
                    Alohi isn't special but deserves more opportunities based on timely plays, motor and great awareness.
                    True, because AZ is playing him at OLB in their 4-3, not at safety.
                    He think he is best reacting with the play in from of him coming forward instead of dianosing and reacting as a LB behind the DL. Idk I just think he isn't being used right there.
                    He may fit our defense better.
                    Hec I'd offer up Murray for him and see how it goes and pick up a cheap vet LB to replace Murray and compete with Henley.
                    If it goes well, resign him. If not, let him go like we would with Murray.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

LOL! Too bad we didn't have the opportunity to offer Simmons a 5th-year option ourselves. That pesky GM screwed up and took Herbert instead.
                      That guy needs to be fired!!!
                      Before you go too far, it is fair to claim us Simmons guys who knew QB talent wanted Simmons in the 1st Round and Jalen Hurts on Day 2 or 3. That was the plan.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Who here mocks the Packs for not having an owner?

Holy Christ!

Past
                          dataurl984818.jpg
                          dataurl557507.jpg

Present
                          dataurl328483.jpg​​

Future
                          dataurl353904.jpg​:cuss:

​​
                          There's a lot of other better things to do than fantasize who the next owner is.

Speaking of the Packers, I'm looking forward to that game in Green Bay this year. The renovated Lambeau Field is real nice.

Comment

Working...
                          X