• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Duggan is a running back who can occasionally pass. LOL! We passed on Roschon for a track star on special teams.
    With the addition of Derius Davis, we expanded Kellen Moore's playbook.
    When was the last time the Chargers ran an effective jet sweep or bubble screen...?
    And if Jalen Guyton goes down again... who else has the speed to stretch a defense downfield...?

OLineCentric

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
      Beef Before Gazelles
      • May 2021
      • Send PM

I noticed that the Cardinals are *not* picking up the 5th year option on Isaiah Simmons.

It's of particular interest to me, because Simmons is the guy I was hoping the Chargers would select when they took Justin Herbert 6th overall in 2020.

Simmons was taken two picks later by Arizona.

Happy to wave my hand and say "I was wrong!" lol

Comment

• charger1993
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post
        I noticed that the Cardinals are *not* picking up the 5th year option on Isaiah Simmons.

It's of particular interest to me, because Simmons is the guy I was hoping the Chargers would select when they took Justin Herbert 6th overall in 2020.

Simmons is still a dawg. I would happily pick him up for our defense. He's basically another derwin

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

not a single 1st round LB in that class got his 5th picked up.
          weird.
          Darius "4.36" Davis
          top play speed: 23.47 MPH

SDP2024: (Triple Play)

Comment

• Maniaque 6
            French Speaking Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Québec city
            • Send PM

Even I. Simmons !

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

not a single 1st round LB in that class got his 5th picked up.
              weird.
              This might explain why so many Linebackers dropped out of the first round. I mean unless your Ray Lewis good would you pay any Linebacker $11+ million dollars. I don't think any linebacker should be drafted in the 1st round. The only exception might be a potential Team leader like Jack Campbell. Still a risk...
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

This might explain why so many Linebackers dropped out of the first round. I mean unless your Ray Lewis good would you pay any Linebacker $11+ million dollars. I don't think any linebacker should be drafted in the 1st round. The only exception might be a potential Team leader like Jack Campbell. Still a risk...
                A devalued position like RB?
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

How do the packers do it? They get guys to take paycuts regularly…I still don’t understand why so many people mock the packers for not having an owner, they are one of the best run organizations in the NFL…

if I was Love’s agent I would’ve let them decline the 5th year option, you go out and have a big year and in 2024 they franchise you and you make around 35mill, yes, he’s now guaranteed 13 mil for 2024 but if he thrives in 2023 he stands to lose around 15-20 million in 2024 that he’ll never be able recoup…
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
                    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Tucson, AZ
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

A devalued position like RB?
                    So...Clydes edward helaire with pick 32 from KC is on books for around $5.5 million. So yes, taking an RB might be More worth it than a linebacker.

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                      Beef Before Gazelles
                      • May 2021
                      • Send PM

Henry Ruggs III set to plead guilty in exchange for 3-10 year prison sentence.

Ex-Raiders WR Henry Ruggs III to take plea deal, prison sentence in fatal DUI crash (nfl.com)

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post
                        How do the packers do it? They get guys to take paycuts regularly…I still don’t understand why so many people mock the packers for not having an owner, they are one of the best run organizations in the NFL…

if I was Love’s agent I would’ve let them decline the 5th year option, you go out and have a big year and in 2024 they franchise you and you make around 35mill, yes, he’s now guaranteed 13 mil for 2024 but if he thrives in 2023 he stands to lose around 15-20 million in 2024 that he’ll never be able recoup…
                        I like the Packers' ownership model. Imagine if the Chargers were similarly owned, without the Spanos family. I play softball with a guy who grew up in Los Angeles during the Raiders era there. They won the Super Bowl there when he was a kid and he was a huge fan. But when Al Davis moved the Raiders out of LA back to Oakland, he became a Packers fan, because of the ownership model. The franchise is not subject to the whims of a single entitled owner, the team belongs to the community. It surprises me a bit because he's generally fairly conservative. A really great guy in his mid 40s with a gut that seems to get bigger every year, but the dude can ball like nobody else on our team.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          JH3 and Me
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I like the Packers' ownership model. Imagine if the Chargers were similarly owned, without the Spanos family. I play softball with a guy who grew up in Los Angeles during the Raiders era there. They won the Super Bowl there when he was a kid and he was a huge fan. But when Al Davis moved the Raiders out of LA back to Oakland, he became a Packers fan, because of the ownership model. The franchise is not subject to the whims of a single entitled owner, the team belongs to the community. It surprises me a bit because he's generally fairly conservative. A really great guy in his mid 40s with a gut that seems to get bigger every year, but the dude can ball like nobody else on our team.
                          season 4 GIF
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X