Clear All
  • captaind
    Cook This Pork Chops
    • Jun 2013
    • Mars
    • Ball Holder
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Very impressed with Zac Taylor last night. He seemed to be the one who had the understanding of what to do. He walked across to talk to McDermott, he went to the hospital after the game - he was probably the one who was like "lets not play the rest of this game." I am sure McDermott was not in a position to have the thought process - rightly so.

Good for Coach Taylor

thoughts to Damar Hamlin today -
    I was equally impressed with the Cincy fans. There are some NFL venues that probably would not have handled the situation as remarkably as they did. Thought they were very respectful.

Comment

• captaind
      Cook This Pork Chops
      • Jun 2013
      • Mars
      • Ball Holder
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Another reason we don’t want to play Cincy. Earlier in that game, the Bengals TE knocked #7 of the Bills out with an extremely aggressive block after the play was over. The Bengals might be on roids
      Speak for yourself, I’m still not over the Freezer Bowl.

40 year anniversary is next week.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Call a “no game.”

Both teams play 16 game schedules. Team placement based upon winning percentage.
        Interesting idea...but again...somebody will suffer from it...no way to make everyone happy, except to play the game. But the window is closing. Say they find out soon that he is awake, and out of critical condition...they could play Wed night, and still have as many rest days before Sunday, as a team would between a Sunday game, and a Thursday night matchup. Play after Wed, though? Who knows.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• SK21209
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2020
          • San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Interesting idea...but again...somebody will suffer from it...no way to make everyone happy, except to play the game. But the window is closing. Say they find out soon that he is awake, and out of critical condition...they could play Wed night, and still have as many rest days before Sunday, as a team would between a Sunday game, and a Thursday night matchup. Play after Wed, though? Who knows.
          I don't think you can wait for updates on Hamlin's condition to make these plans. I completely understand not playing the game after everyone witnessed him going into cardiac arrest and needing to be resuscitated right in front of them. But who knows how long he's going to be incapacitated, it could be another week. I personally think they should have played the game tonight, but that's off the table now.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

NFL just announced that this game won’t be resumed this week. No change for Week 18 games. I’m baffled by this. What about all the other Week 17 games? don’t they know 30 other teams’ players were watching MNF last night?

Clusterfuck.

They should finish the game. Ask each team if they will play, if not then log it as a forfeit loss. No way they both are just awarded wins, thats ridiculous imo.

If they can’t play this game, how can they play any other game? How can they play a playoff game if they can’t play a RS game? Do both teams want to cancel their season and drop from the playoffs? Stop with the kabuki theater already. the dramatics have been impressive but its time to come back to reality.

Edit - total brain fart on Wk17 vs Wk18. I’m stupid, ignore that part
            Last edited by dmac_bolt; 01-03-2023, 01:12 PM.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Call a “no game.”

Both teams play 16 game schedules. Team placement based upon winning percentage.
              After the announcement that there will be no game this week, you might have nailed it. They may wait and see after this weekend, whether the outcome of the game would have effected seeding, and if it only effects the Bills and Bengals, and they are agreeable, they may call no contest.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

I was equally impressed with the Cincy fans. There are some NFL venues that probably would not have handled the situation as remarkably as they did. Thought they were very respectful.
                In Philly they might’ve been cheering the whole time and then booing when the game got suspended:shock:
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

In Philly they might’ve been cheering the whole time and then booing when the game got suspended:shock:
                  They cheered when Michael Irvin landed on his head and was laid out, then taken away on a stretcher.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

They cheered when Michael Irvin landed on his head and was laid out, then taken away on a stretcher.
                    That’s why I posted that, the Cincy fans do deserve some credit here…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                      Dea Spanos my HERO
                      • Dec 2022
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

Speak for yourself, I’m still not over the Freezer Bowl.

40 year anniversary is next week.
                      Dammit. I was hoping no one mention that game as a huge let down. The suicide hotlines were melting down in San Diego after that game.

All we have left is Chargeroo's stories of the 1963 AFC championship game he remembers. I was still in elementary school in the early 60's.. My first Bolts game was 1965 with dad who was stationed at Camp Pendleton in Oceanside.

Yeah that freezer bowl loss to the Bengals was a kick in the fans collective nut sack.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

While some sites (Google and Yahoo Sports) are listing the Baltimore-Cincinnati game this Sunday at 1 pm, it appears that the NFL still hasn't made an official announcement. When the NFL released the schedule for this weekend yesterday, they didn't release the time of that game, as it would depend on the outcome of last night's game. If Cincinnati won, the Baltimore-Cincinnati game this Sunday would be at 1 pm, since Cincinnati would have clinched the division. If Buffalo won, the game was going to be at 4:25 pm. Well, according to this article on the Ravens' website as of less than an hour ago, the NFL still hasn't decided when the game will be:

Since the Chargers and Ravens are contending for the 5th and 6th seeds, this obviously affects the Chargers.

Comment

• Trumpet Man
                          Dea Spanos my HERO
                          • Dec 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                          NFL just announced that this game won’t be resumed this week. No change for Week 18 games. I’m baffled by this. What about all the other Week 17 games? don’t they know 30 other teams’ players were watching MNF last night?

Clusterfuck.

They should finish the game. Ask each team if they will play, if not then log it as a forfeit loss. No way they both are just awarded wins, thats ridiculous imo.

If they can’t play this game, how can they play any other game? How can they play a playoff game if they can’t play a RS game? Do both teams want to cancel their season and drop from the playoffs? Stop with the kabuki theater already. the dramatics have been impressive but its time to come back to reality.
                          Lots of questions how to resolve the issue.

Lord Goodell I suspect is going to pull a scheduling rabbit out the hat and it will not be pretty.

Comment

Working...
                          X