State Of The Chargers - What/Where Now!?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
    Did you catch that Gus Bradley from Rich Gannon quote during the game? The reason the Chargers play a Cover 3 shell is the Chargers don't have the talent at corners to play man-to-man.

I am good with the coaching staff, they stay. I want player changes in the offseason.

I don't want RB Melvin Gordon back, I want to spend Philip Rivers' available cap space on a free agent RB: Cards FA Kenyan Drake

The defense is needs a new starter at CB across from Casey Hayward. FA acquisition starter at CB.

The offense needs a new starting QB. - Second Round QB Jacob Easton

The offense needs a new OT. - 1st Round Andrew Thomas OT Georgia

The defense needs a true MLB. - 3rd Round Pick

-ghost

P.S. I'm with Boltjolt on Cam. If I wanted a Cam Newman, I'd draft Jalen Hurts of OU, if I was going that direction.
    I suggested when Gordon was holding out that we trade for Kenyan Drake,... we could have got him cheap and would be cheaper to resign than Gordon.
    Telesco misses a lot of opportunities by not making trades

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

State of the Chargers.

I don't expect Rivers to out-duel Mahomes next Sunday. Philip's dueling days are over. The Chargers will be swept by the division when this season concludes. When was the last time that happened, the Mike Riley era?

I go into next season looking for a blue chip starter at QB. I trade up six spots to #1, it will take next year's #1 and a 4th this year too. I wish Philip Rivers well and part ways.

QB Tyrod Taylor starts the season at QB before giving way to the kid. This draft is tackle rich, Chargers will land one. Then I let Melvin Gordon go in free agency and sign Cards RB Kenyan Drake in FA. Rivers is off the books and the Chargers can afford a true workhorse at RB: Kenyan Drake

Defense: Next season, Gus Bradley's going to install Nas Adderley as a true single high safety, and a healthy Derwin James as the eraser. I want to develop Jerry Tillery into the player he can be for Year 2. A true middle linebacker would be nice as Bradley's not found one yet.
      The Chargers were swept by the division. Everyone in the division has a new starting QB.

Gus Bradley's defense needs a new CB and a true MLB.

The offense needs a new QB and a new OT.

Plus, we are dumping Melvin Gordon and signing FA RB Kenyan Drake.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I suggested when Gordon was holding out that we trade for Kenyan Drake,... we could have got him cheap and would be cheaper to resign than Gordon.
        Telesco misses a lot of opportunities by not making trades
        I would have backed your play. Sorry I missed it.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Did you catch that Gus Bradley from Rich Gannon quote during the game? The reason the Chargers play a Cover 3 shell is the Chargers don't have the talent at corners to play man-to-man.

I am good with the coaching staff, they stay. I want player changes in the offseason.

I don't want RB Melvin Gordon back, I want to spend Philip Rivers' available cap space on a free agent RB: Cards FA Kenyan Drake

The defense is needs a new starter at CB across from Casey Hayward. FA acquisition starter at CB.

The offense needs a new starting QB. - Second Round QB Jacob Easton

The offense needs a new OT. - 1st Round Andrew Thomas OT Georgia

The defense needs a true MLB. - 3rd Round Pick

-ghost

P.S. I'm with Boltjolt on Cam. If I wanted a Cam Newman, I'd draft Jalen Hurts of OU, if I was going that direction.
          They keep on screwing around drafting wills and mikes and safeties under Bradly. The corner play hasn't regressed from last year.

Bradley hasn't shown a sense of urgency to get press corners.

Did Bradley say why they can't get any pressure on opposing quarterbacks.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

blow it up! Get a young franchise qb and some olinemen, take your lumps next year. Get a promising young head coach who will be attracted to your young franchise qb.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I would have backed your play. Sorry I missed it.
              I also suggested we sign Z'Darius Smith in FA because we needed pass Rush help and he has had a much better season than Melvin Ingram has had.

Comment

• Chargers33
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Send PM

I for one have been a little disappointed that TT hasn't been more aggressive with in season moves, and trades. Also moving up and down on draft day depending on where the board falls - he has proven to be ultra conservative in that way.

All the way back to the beginning when we badly needed an OT and the board didn't go our way as everyone in front of us needed Oline help as well - he still stuck to it and over drafted Fluker instead of trading back and picking up draft capital. Sometimes ya gotta be bold to be great!!

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers33 View Post
                  I for one have been a little disappointed that TT hasn't been more aggressive with in season moves, and trades. Also moving up and down on draft day depending on where the board falls - he has proven to be ultra conservative in that way.

All the way back to the beginning when we badly needed an OT and the board didn't go our way as everyone in front of us needed Oline help as well - he still stuck to it and over drafted Fluker instead of trading back and picking up draft capital. Sometimes ya gotta be bold to be great!!
                  he has never moved down on draft day.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

They keep on screwing around drafting wills and mikes and safeties under Bradly. The corner play hasn't regressed from last year.

Bradley hasn't shown a sense of urgency to get press corners.

Did Bradley say why they can't get any pressure on opposing quarterbacks.
                    Bradley made the one comment on Saturday night to Rich Gannon. Everything else is speculation on our part....

I say it defines the Chargers' #1 weakness at defense is CB, one that might need to be addressed in the 1st Round. I advocate for trading down to #17 and selecting
                    CB Kristian Fulton/LSU. Then, select QB Jason Eason/Wash. in the 2nd Round. Select a true MLB for Bradley's defense with the additional pick in the 2nd.

This draft is deep with OT through the next Rounds.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

he has never moved down on draft day.
                      You're right. That shoots my last post all to hell.... LOL

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

1986 San Diego Chargers

QB Dan Fouts threw 22 interceptions.

Chargers record 4-12

--------------------------------------------------

2019 San Diego Chargers

QB Philip Rivers threw 22 interceptions.

Chargers record 5-11

The GM who drafted the best QB in Chargers history is quoted as saying "It's better to get rid of a player a year too early than a year too late."

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I believe the best situation for Philip Rivers is in Carolina with Norv Turner for a one last ride. Philip loved his Wolfpack days in North Carolina....

Comment

Working...
                          X