State Of The Chargers - What/Where Now!?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargers33 View Post

Not for sure on that - but do think we would have been better off giving Vegas a shot and letting the Raiders have LA. We could have been headed there now, at the very least it would have been more interesting than sharing LA with a million other teams...and we could have perhaps looked at making something work in SD if it didn't pan out.
    South Dakota? Same amount of fans would show up there. 12- 4 last season. Attendance immediately started dropping at Stub Hub and now it's less than last years 12-4 accomplishment. You can forget the saying..."win and the fans will show up" in regards to the Chargers going 12-4 last season. Sad.

In hindsight, San Diego would not have had to vote to allow tax money for a new stadium. The Spanos' were willing to foot most of it on the condition that they could develop the hell outta the surrounding property. San Diego's city council said that was giving the Spanos' too lucrative a deal. So...what is Qualcomm stadium now? They sold to SDSU for $58 million and the surrounding land will now possibly be an expanded campus. Wouldn't the city have taken in plenty of revenue, enough to build SDSU a stadium somewhere else along with expanding the university campus? [not trying to re-open a can of worms]. Just curious.
    Last edited by Caslon; 12-23-2019, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• foreigner
      Tom Telesco is gone
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

Just for fun... its always a good thing to read a little bit of History...

https://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/...stadium-sham/#

Well.. even if you dont like reading history is worth noting that those 2 cheerleaders from 1999 have a nice pair.....

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Man that article really sheds some light on the Spanos clan.As if ya couldn't despise em any more.

Comment

• PABolts
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2018
          • Send PM

It's a shame 'The Murph' is a shell of its former self. Rusted seats and an outdated scoreboard are some of the legacies of the Chargers leaving San Diego.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
            Man that article really sheds some light on the Spanos clan.As if ya couldn't despise em any more.
            You need to take that article with a VERY large grain of salt and consider the asswipe Henderson that was spouting that BS. I think the Spanii are horrible owners, but remember that it takes two parties to agree to a contract and it’s hard to fault them for those terms if the city was literally dumb enough to agree to them.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

first offseason decision looming as soon as Monday morning.... RR is rumored to be hired within days if not hours ??

and yes to Bezos or the like.... too bad they couldn't get their heads 'round Mission Valley.

Carson and then Stub Hub was a lot worse than a stubbed toe.... Goldman Sachs how'd you get in the middle of that ??

Kroenke is not going to tolerate Dean for too very long.... the Chargers need to make a decision on 2023, and make it now.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                first offseason decision looming as soon as Monday morning.... RR is rumored to be hired within days if not hours ??

and yes to Bezos or the like.... too bad they couldn't get their heads 'round Mission Valley.

Carson and then Stub Hub was a lot worse than a stubbed toe.... Goldman Sachs how'd you get in the middle of that ??

Kroenke is not going to tolerate Dean for too very long.... the Chargers need to make a decision on 2023, and make it now.
                Kroenke doesn’t have any choice but to tolerate Spanos as Spanos is in the drivers seat.

Comment

• Chargers33
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Kroenke doesn’t have any choice but to tolerate Spanos as Spanos is in the drivers seat.
                  Yea - Jerry Jones helped the NFL kind of sucker Kronke into that one.....

Do most on here prefer RR over Lynn? Personally think Lynn deserves at least one more year as he has had an awful lot to overcome off the field during his tenure.
                  I am not a RR hater by any means - but if we are moving on from Lynn I don't like that move, especially if it means Newton would be coming with him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Do most on here prefer RR over Lynn? Personally think Lynn deserves at least one more year as he has had an awful lot to overcome off the field during his tenure.
                    I am not a RR hater by any means - but if we are moving on from Lynn I don't like that move, especially if it means Newton would be coming with him.
                    I'm not on the RR wagon and a big HELL NO to Cam.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

I prefer neither, but don’t see Lynn being fired, sadly.

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Id take RR over Lynn in a heartbeat. Still would rather have someone else, but if forced to choose between the 2,RR is the easy decision.

We can do so much better than RR or Lynn though. I just don't think Spanos will shell out the kinda money required to bring in a winning culture staff.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Did you catch that Gus Bradley from Rich Gannon quote during the game? The reason the Chargers play a Cover 3 shell is the Chargers don't have the talent at corners to play man-to-man.

I am good with the coaching staff, they stay. I want player changes in the offseason.

I don't want RB Melvin Gordon back, I want to spend Philip Rivers' available cap space on a free agent RB: Cards FA Kenyan Drake

The defense is needs a new starter at CB across from Casey Hayward. FA acquisition starter at CB.

The offense needs a new starting QB. - Second Round QB Jacob Easton

The offense needs a new OT. - 1st Round Andrew Thomas OT Georgia

The defense needs a true MLB. - 3rd Round Pick

-ghost

P.S. I'm with Boltjolt on Cam. If I wanted a Cam Newman, I'd draft Jalen Hurts of OU, if I was going that direction.

Comment

Working...
                          X