State Of The Chargers - What/Where Now!?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FoutsFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Birmingham AL
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

Oh I'll always be a fan.....I was just smart enough to move out of California in 1995. Best decision I EVER made..........
    I will be applying for economic and political asylum in Montana or Texas in about 2 years.

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

I will be applying for economic and political asylum in Montana or Texas in about 2 years.
      Anyone getting that feeling we're in off season? Confirmed.

Comment

• nomad1946
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2017
        • West Yellowstone, Montana
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Montana is fine, a bit cold at times, but enjoyable.

It looks like the Chargers are going nowhere. Same owners, GM, HC, DC, OC, etc.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

I speak softly but carry a Easton Stick,,,,

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Sam Farmer of the LA Times with some clearheaded thoughts on what the Chargers need to do: basically keep Rivers but draft the next QB, get some speed on offense and invest in FA OL.

Comment

• TheDeafBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

I'm from here and still here, but not for long. Grew up in North Park, but its depressing as all hell. Streets are jam-packed on weekdays. It baffles me how so many people are out drinking beer and sipping tea mid-day. Then I go to check-out and see people getting hundreds cash back on their EBT card. Makes sense. Don't work, complain about "the economy," then cash in that welfare. This is becoming the trend in San Diego. And there is no humility, only entitlement. Whether kids or middle-aged adults conning the government out of money to pay their bills so they don't have to work, they still complain about anything and everything. And yes, the dumbfucks 'running' the city continue to enable the entitled shitheads while making irrational decisions for the working class natives. No Beer on the Beach is the prime example. I can't drink a beer at Mission Beach but some Cal State San Marcos dropout getting $600 in EBT funds a month can harass a Walgreens employee because they only offer $20 cash back and he can't cash out his EBT buying an energy drink - which is a true event last week where homeboy spent over 5 minutes demanding the cashier somehow change the maximum "cash back" value from $20 to $400 so he could use his food stamp card to get $400 in cash. The current state of SD is transforming me into Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

San Diegans are dicks. no respect for SD history at all, nobody in SD is from SD anymore, especially in the city. a horde of nomadic hipsters invaded and conquered our once-fair city and have remade it into a land of ironic beards and craft IPA micro-brews. Can't drink a fucking beer at the beach, can't off-road in the hills, can't do shit anymore - but they got stupid fucking scooters stacked like cordwood literally choking the city and homeless camps spreading typhoid and hep. Fuck San Diegans. (yeah, i'm still here - sort of - north county now. they won't drive me from my homeland, the motherfuckers!).

And of course the City would have made more money to deal with NFL/Chargers. but they couldn't dare do any deal that was mutually beneficial to both sides because they are backed by greedy unions and city developers pandering the base greed of lazy voters. the fucking Chargers were too fucking stupid to make a deal with one of the biggest local developers to grease the skids because they wanted to pocket all that condo cash, so they fucked that whole thing up. fucking dicks.

The pols can't stop the SDSU thing because its "for the kids" - the pot smoking beer bonging frat fucks that everyone pretends are "our future". fuck those dicks too. fuck all of them.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                Generous Donor
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

State of the Chargers? Lots of question marks. Pending free agent list is crazy, includes the entire backfield (plus QB1) and Hunter Henry. Lots of questions to be answered with who they'll re-sign in the coming weeks/months. That will tell us a lot pre-draft.

As for the 'Fight for LA'...there's never been one. As nifty as the Carson stadium was short term despite the lack of homefield advantage, and as magnificent as the Rams stadium will be despite the same, there's barely a market for one NFL team in LA let alone for two with one being the team formerly from San Diego. The Spanoses have never really demonstrated any ability to sustain success on the field, so they made a move that gave them instant an instant valuation increase by default. As long as they own the team, any on the field success will be in spite of their efforts/abilities. They just don't get it.

I've never been a 'Chicken Little' when it comes to the team, but I have a real sense of dread going forward. Typically when you're moving into the newest, best stadium in the NFL the fanbase is excited and fired up even if the team sucks. To me it feels like the beginning of the end.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if there's a complete rebranding on the horizon and the Chargers will simply cease to exist. That would make things a lot easier for most of us. Maybe they'll revert the IP and team history/records to the city of San Diego like they did with the Browns in Cleveland.
                NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                  Sam Farmer of the LA Times with some clearheaded thoughts on what the Chargers need to do: basically keep Rivers but draft the next QB, get some speed on offense and invest in FA OL.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...20%3f_amp=true
                  Interesting quote by Rivers from that story:

“It’s not just a matter of, if I’m back and if I play well, we’ll go win 12 games,” said Rivers, whose contract is set to expire in March. “We’re far from being just check that box and everything will be good. ‘If we don’t turn it over, we’re good.’ I think that would be inaccurate."

Nobody is saying that not turning over the ball is the ONLY thing the Bolts need to work on for the future (especially Rivers). There are many areas where the team needs to improve, but certainly turnovers (especially his own picks) is one huge problem...sounds like he's trying to get himself off the hook here...

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Hes explaining as nicely as possible this o line is ass and the coaching leaves alot to be desired.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Birmingham AL
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                      Hes explaining as nicely as possible this o line is ass and the coaching leaves alot to be desired.
                      I was reading this article and it just did not make sense. So many here were telling Charger fans the O line was great and it was all Rivers fault. I came across this article and it went against the grain of what the herd was telling us here. But it did pass the smell test and went along with what my lying eyes were telling me. Maybe all of our eyes were not lying, maybe the herd was lying to themselves when they were defending this so called good O line.

Pro Football Focus released their offensive line rankings today, and I am certain you will all be ever so surprised to learn that the Los Angeles Chargers did not place well. They ranked 29th out...

Pro Football Focus released their offensive line rankings today, and I am certain you will all be ever so surprised to learn that the Los Angeles Chargers did not place well. They ranked 29th out of 32 NFL teams. That is quite bad, but it is also consistent with most of the last decade, so there’s that.

In their blurb on the Chargers offensive line, PFF had this to say specifically about the tackle situation:
                      [T]he tackle position manned by Trent Scott and Sam Tevi was an issue, consistently putting Philip Rivers under pressure. Tevi and Scott combined to allow 88 pressures this season. That was the second most of any tackle duo in the NFL, behind Nate Solder and Mike Remmers in New York.
                      Yes, that would be the same tackle situation that everyone not employed by the Los Angeles Chargers said would be a disaster if Russell Okung ended up missing any real time (which he, of course, did).

There is a tendency among some fans to want to defer to the Chargers brain trust on such matters by citing the somewhat reasonable assumption that they ought to be in possession of more and better information regarding their players than is available to those of us on the outside looking in. I would caution you to remember the next time you have that impulse to give them that benefit of the doubt that even after the Chargers found out they couldn’t count on Okung to be healthy, they were still perfectly content to enter the season with not one single other competent offensive tackle.

Across the line, only three players who saw more than a handful of snaps managed to grade even on the bottom end of average: Russell Okung, Michael Schofield, and rookie Trey Pipkins III. Everyone else graded out distinctly below average or worse.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Interesting quote by Rivers from that story:

“It’s not just a matter of, if I’m back and if I play well, we’ll go win 12 games,” said Rivers, whose contract is set to expire in March. “We’re far from being just check that box and everything will be good. ‘If we don’t turn it over, we’re good.’ I think that would be inaccurate."

Nobody is saying that not turning over the ball is the ONLY thing the Bolts need to work on for the future (especially Rivers). There are many areas where the team needs to improve, but certainly turnovers (especially his own picks) is one huge problem...sounds like he's trying to get himself off the hook here...
                        Of course you interpret it in a way to make Rivers look bad. Also, constantly calling for Tyrod, acting like a QB change is the answer to our problems (which was a season long discussion from you and others) directly contradicts your statement here. And didn't Critty repeatedly post that if we win the turnover battle we will win every game (except when we didn't)?

There are many issues with our roster and coaching staff. Rivers is simply pointing that out, not "trying to get himself off the hook".

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

I was reading this article and it just did not make sense. So many here were telling Charger fans the O line was great and it was all Rivers fault. I came across this article and it went against the grain of what the herd was telling us here. But it did pass the smell test and went along with what my lying eyes were telling me. Maybe all of our eyes were not lying, maybe the herd was lying to themselves when they were defending this so called good O line.

Pro Football Focus released their offensive line rankings today, and I am certain you will all be ever so surprised to learn that the Los Angeles Chargers did not place well. They ranked 29th out...

On one hand, our OL is great.

On the other hand, they are terrible, but Tyrod's mobility will magically erase that.

The anti-Rivers crowd is never wrong.

Comment

Working...
                          X