• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rikardo
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Hell No.
    IMO Kellen Clemens is a solid backup (and that's a very important position to fill).

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Kleo Lemons > Kelley Clemons

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

No! With Clemens we'd have a chance to win some games. Watching Sorensen we'd be toast.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

Ironman Rivers says it doesn't matter who's #2.

128 and counting. Only 10 more seasons to catch Farve!

Comment

• Yubaking
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Of course, if the consideration is high enough, virtually anyone should be subject to trade. That said, I would not want to trade Clemens for anything that any team is likely to give us for him. He has shown well for us thus far in our offensive system and looks like he will be a very solid #2 QB option for us. I would be more interested in locking him up with a long term deal at a cheap price than I would be in trading him.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
              Of course, if the consideration is high enough, virtually anyone should be subject to trade. That said, I would not want to trade Clemens for anything that any team is likely to give us for him. He has shown well for us thus far in our offensive system and looks like he will be a very solid #2 QB option for us. I would be more interested in locking him up with a long term deal at a cheap price than I would be in trading him.
              Let's not get crazy now...

Comment

• Boltdog
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Lunar Surface
                • Nutrition Consultant
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                The Rams would never do a deal like that. Wasn't Clemens there backup QB last year? We'd get nothing for him. The Rams would be foolish to give up anything for him. Maybe a 7th. He won't be traded.
                Agreed. Their GM would look like an idiot and have to eat crow in front of impatient Rams fans, who already are ticked that Lee Snead didn't have a better backup plan behind injury-plagued Bradford. Maybe after their current backups mess up or get injured--But why give up our big-time insurance plan in Clemens?--We have nothing to replace him with (Sorenson is not the answer), and whatever scrub did come in wouldn't know our system for long while. Maybe next year when we draft Rivers' eventual replacement :0..
                Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• Yubaking
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                  Let's not get crazy now...
                  Why would locking up Clemens to a long term deal to be our #2 QB be a bad thing? We had Volek for 6 years. Didn't you like knowing that we were set at the QB position when we had him? So why wouldn't it make sense to sign Clemens so that we know that he will be there for us for several years to come? That does not prevent us from drafting Rivers' ultimate replacement because we could then carry 3 QBs when the right QB for us is available in a few years. It would be one less issue to resolve.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

He's locked up through next year. No need to look much further with a backup.

Comment

Working...
                    X