• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rikardo
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Any word on Kwame Geathers injury???

He was playing good today, but it did not looked good (the injury) hope he's ok...
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Thought that it looked like no ligament damage but mri tomorrow from another post. Maybe we dodge a bullet here. I guess Carrethers gets lots of play time next week so looking forward to that.

Most concerned about Lizzy getting back

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I say we scour the final dlinemen cuts that the Seahawks and 49ers make as those guys looked awfully good against us this preseason.

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Even if the injury isn't severe, I wouldn't mind them bringing in Pickett and Branch for a look. Pickett lives in SD. Wouldn't take anything to check him out.

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
          Even if the injury isn't severe, I wouldn't mind them bringing in Pickett and Branch for a look. Pickett lives in SD. Wouldn't take anything to check him out.
          I am not sure I want Branch. I would look elsewhere. How can you trust a guy that is hammered and puking out of his car on game night while battling for a roster spot.

Comment

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
            I am not sure I want Branch. I would look elsewhere. How can you trust a guy that is hammered and puking out of his car on game night while battling for a roster spot.
            Sometimes a thing like that makes the lights come on for some people.

Comment

• Faded blues
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
              Sometimes a thing like that makes the lights out for some people.
              Fixed. At least in my case. I was lights out.

Comment

• Rugger05
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Injury has sidelined two Chargers nose tackles this month.

A local nose tackle is available. He owns two Super Bowl rings and seeks a third.

“I would love to play for the Chargers,” Poway resident Ryan Pickett said in June from The Grand Del Mar resort, where he hosted a charity golf event.

Pickett, a wide-bodied 34-year-old, said “he’ll be playing somewhere this year.”

He was still unsigned as of Sunday, but nose tackle jobs may be coming open.

The Packers lost starter B.J. Raji for the season on Friday. Pickett is a former mentor to Raji who played all 16 games for the Packers last year, his eighth season with them. Green Bay went with younger linemen this year. Ironically, Pickett said in June that Green Bay's injury problems of recent years were vexing, yet predicted a big season for Raji, who moved from end to his spot.

The Chargers, too, prefer youth at the hub of their 3-4 defense. Starter Sean Lissemore is 26 and behind him are 23-year-olds in Kwame Geathers, Ryan Carrethers and Tenny Palepoi.

Lissemore (ankle) has been sidelined since exiting at Seattle on Aug. 15. He’s expected to be ready for the Sept. 8 opener. Geathers, the No. 2, was carted off Sunday. Carrethers and Palepoi are rookies.

Pass-happy NFL offenses are another employment challenge for run-stuffers like Pickett, who's 6-foot-2 and was up to 340 pounds last season.

Defenses want pass-rushers at all line spots.

“In the NFL,” Pickett countered, “there are always different trends that catch on, and now it’s the sub-packages and rushing the passer. But then it always comes back to the basics, which is, in order to win, you’ve got to be able to stop the run, and you’ve got to be able to run the ball when it’s playoff time.”

Alan Branch, 29, is another run-stopper on the market. The Bills cut him Sunday, a day after his arrest for drunken driving.

The Chargers went for youth when they beefed up their front last August and in October, adding Lissemore and then Lawrence Guy, 24. And last Monday, it was Doug Worthington, 27, who joined the injury-battered end group. The 315-pounder showed fairly well against 49ers backups Sunday.

Pickett can dream, though, of a Chargers offer.

“Ooh, that would be sweet,” he said.

Comment

You guys in San Diego need to go to Chargers Park and form a Pickett line.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

A guy like Pickett probably won't get picked up until after week 1 I'm guessing.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

Chargers get good news on Geathers
                      By Michael Gehlken 04:38p.m. Aug 25, 2014

The Chargers were hopeful Monday entering Kwame Geathers' MRI.

They were relieved after it.

Geathers, found to have suffered a hyperextended left knee and sprain Sunday against the 49ers, is not expected to miss an overly extensive period of time, sources said. The second-year nose tackle was carted off the field in the first quarter. His knee bent awkwardly on a run play.

It's a sigh of relief for the Chargers defensive line, which has been having a rough month.

Undrafted rookie end Ricky Tjong-A-Tjoe was carted off the field Sunday. As feared, he tore his right anterior cruciate ligament and is out for the season. Filling his spot, the Chargers claimed defensive end Joe Kruger, a 2013 seventh-round pick from Utah, on Monday afternoon. The Eagles recently cut him.

Tjong-A-Tjoe was a practice-squad candidate.

Chargers reserve end Lawrence Guy (shoulder) was injured in the exhibition opener against the Cowboys. He hasn't practiced since. Nose tackle Sean Lissemore (ankle) was forced out of the second preseason game. It is expected he'll start Week 1 despite missing the past week.

Reserve end Damik Scafe suffered a hip injury in practice this month. He is out for the year.

Comment

• rikardo
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Man that's great news when I watched the replay I was like man poor guy his out for the season. After reading this it reminds me of Nick Hardwick vs a Raiders game a twisted knee that looked more serious.

I wonder if the bad turf on that stadium help Geathers not injured so serious (the foot slide or something)...

Comment

Working...
                        X