Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Interesting !!
    I actually agree with Rosenthal.
    Lynn and Rivers are not a good match.
    Crazy times coming.
    I said this many moons ago in former Forum, The Defense has sucked for a long time. Crazy to think chargers have probably spent close to 70% of top 5 picks on Defense in last 5 years.

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2019
      • Send PM

What’s the worst that could happen with a new coach? We finish 6-10 and miss playoffs, unlike Lynn who will likely finish 7-9 and miss playoffs. I like the idea of Rivera.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by RyanLeaf4President View Post
        What’s the worst that could happen with a new coach? We finish 6-10 and miss playoffs, unlike Lynn who will likely finish 7-9 and miss playoffs. I like the idea of Rivera.
        So what would be the point of making that switch?

Comment

• Kingcrimson
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Sooooo.... where are all the Bradley defenders here? Are you not tired of his bend but don’t break defense? His zone coverage defense? We give up easy completions way too often. Guys are wide open way too often. We do get pressure which is nice but Cousins runs out of the pocket then what do ya know? Someone is WIDE OPEN with no defender within what like 3 yards?

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Changes need to be made. I’d fire Lynn and start looking at Mike McCarthy, Urban Meyer, etc.

if Lynn stays, Gus and Shane both have to go. Bring in Rex as DC. Bring in Haley as OC.

Comment

• Boltgang74
              We Are The Storm!
              • Aug 2018
              • Send PM

And please get rid of Telescope.Its like we as fans have become so accustomed to mediocrity that we feel it's how its supposed to be lol.Look at the Whiners and what they have accomplished.Change is good folks.If it ain't workin fix it.If it cant be fixed change it.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Kingcrimson View Post
                Teams are fielding better defenses than us with less talent. We have Bosa, Ingram, Hayward, Phillips, King, James. That’s more pro-bowl caliber talent than most if not every team in the league. There should have been no reason the Patriots put up 40 on us last year. We made no halftime changes.. Inb4 no LBs all on IR weak interior.
                But they did. The team was thin on linebackers. They had no pass rush in the middle, which remains a problem to this point and why the team got worse in 2019.

Teams are fielding better defenses than us because their talent is better than ours? Hayward isn't the Hayward of 2017 or 2016. King is proving to be like Cromartie, in the intelligence department. Phillips is a pro bowler, but he isn't a superstar on that level.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoDak
                  • Technology Director
                  • Send PM

Just say no to Mike McCarthy. He was toxic. He did a good job early in his career with GB, and then started coasting on his SB win.

I love Ron Rivera. Always have. Liked him as the Bears DC, he was actually my pick to be the Chargers HC when we hired Norv. Loved him as our DC. Liked him in Carolina.

I don't want him as our HC. Possibly as a DC again, but I think he's going to get HC offers.

I don't see or hear of any candidates I like better than coach Lynn. Hire a new OC, that can run a bit more modern offense, and figure out if they want to keep Bradley or not.

"...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

Working...
                  X