• Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    is Jalen Hurts >> Easton Stick ??

Jolt is on record as suggesting that Easton may be the better QB over Jarrett Stidham ??

if Phil >> Tyrod >> Stick >> Hurts >> Newman.... why bother drafting a(n RPO) QB @all ??
    High praise in my book.

:lol:
    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      is Jalen Hurts >> Easton Stick ??

Jolt is on record as suggesting that Easton may be the better QB over Jarrett Stidham ??

if Phil >> Tyrod >> Stick >> Hurts >> Newman.... why bother drafting a(n RPO) QB @all ??
      Not sure I said anything about Eason while refering to Stidham. Not sure I said much about Eason at all asside from catching some of his game 2 Saturdays back.
      I do like his arm but a strong arm means nothing if he isnt accurate but he looked ok that day and used his legs to buy time and run.
      At this point I'm not sure Eason is a first rounder.

However, Stidham didn't really set the bar high for Eason to exceed.

Not sure why Stidham keeps coming up. He went right where I thought he would, 4th round. He'll get his chance to show soon.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-02-2019, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        JH3 and Me
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Trade up for Burrow, pay what it takes. 3 years of no Veteran QB1 salary can cover those picks, don't worry. A good QB1 costs $30M/year. thats 3 good starters.
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• MakoShark
          Disgruntled
          • Jun 2013
          • North Alabama
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not sure I said anything about Eason while refering to Stidham. Not sure I said much about Eason at all asside from catching some of his game 2 Saturdays back.
          I do like his arm but a strong arm means nothing if he isnt accurate but he looked ok that day and used his legs to buy time and run.
          At this point I'm not sure Eason is a first rounder.

However, Stidham didn't really set the bar high for Eason to exceed.

Not sure why Stidham keeps coming up. He went right where I thought he would, 4th round. He'll get his chance to show soon.
          Right? Is Stidham some sort of QB standard on this board? WTH, I watched his entire college career and he was average. Painstakingly average! Everyone at Auburn wanted him to take the next step and shoulder the load of the team in his Sr. year, but he couldn't do it. I'd say he digressed from his Jr. year to his Sr. year. If people like what they see in Stidham, then I see why Hurts is even on the radar. If mediocrity is your goal, Hurts is the man!

Don't let the success of OU fool you guys. Its smoke and mirrors that make it appear that Hurts is suddenly a great QB. I'll admit he's better than he was at Bama, but still not an NFL level talent. He lost his job to a china doll in Tua. That should say enough. The cream that rises to the top this year is Burrow, Herbert, then Tua and Fromm (assuming they declare). Hurts is a 4th rounder like Stidham was. Tua is a china doll and Fromm may have arm strength issues. That leaves...
          sigpic

Comment

• PR#1
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

I know lots of Auburn fans that hated Stidham for what its worth.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

For what it's worth - we are also in the position of being in the hunt for the best OT in the draft
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                For what it's worth - we are also in the position of being in the hunt for the best OT in the draft
                There you go, Roo.

Joe Burrow will be a Bengal. If Cinci trades out of that #1 position, they fail.
                Tua has too many injury concerns. Miami probably takes a risk... because Rosen doesn't seem the answer. They benched him he was so bad.
                That leaves an inconsistent Herbert. Is Herbert better than Andrew Thomas or Derrick Brown...? Is he better than Tristan Wirfs or Alex Leatherwood...?

I'd go with the best available LT in the draft with the 1st round pick. LT's are rarely available via FA; so even if you free up cap money by not re-signing PR, there is a very small probability that you could upgrade that very important position unless you're willing to draft one.

If you want to target PON's in FA, I'd look at the OC, OG, and RT positions. And then look at DT, CB, and LB. If you're looking to free up cap space... maybe we should look at waiving Okung and Pouncey ($18 mil). Who knows if they are ready/healthy to see the field in 2020... they sure weren't available in 2019.
                OLineCentric

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Only way that makes sense is if you believe Taylor is place-holding for Stick. Maybe, but I’d still take Hurts over the best OT. We can always trade up late in the first for beef!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

There you go, Roo.

Joe Burrow will be a Bengal. If Cinci trades out of that #1 position, they fail.
                    Tua has too many injury concerns. Miami probably takes a risk... because Rosen doesn't seem the answer. They benched him he was so bad.
                    That leaves an inconsistent Herbert. Is Herbert better than Andrew Thomas or Derrick Brown...? Is he better than Tristan Wirfs or Alex Leatherwood...?

I'd go with the best available LT in the draft with the 1st round pick. LT's are rarely available via FA; so even if you free up cap money by not re-signing PR, there is a very small probability that you could upgrade that very important position unless you're willing to draft one.

If you want to target PON's in FA, I'd look at the OC, OG, and RT positions. And then look at DT, CB, and LB. If you're looking to free up cap space... maybe we should look at waiving Okung and Pouncey ($18 mil). Who knows if they are ready/healthy to see the field in 2020... they sure weren't available in 2019.
                    You have got to be kidding me.
                    You and 'roo are smoking that Canadien shit again...BC Bud, buddy.

At Ten, it's BPA, not whichever OT your dart lands on.

CeeDee > Wirfs.
                    Wirfs > Brown.
                    Brown > Leatherwood.

Tristan Wirfs would be a great right side player for us. Talented. Scheme flexible. (is Myers retained ? IDK)

I would parlay w/Scharff.

:coffee:

lemme see if Eye can get Nutty wound up...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

You have got to be kidding me.
                      You and 'roo are smoking that Canadien shit again...BC Bud, buddy.

At Ten, it's BPA, not whichever OT your dart lands on.

CeeDee > Wirfs.
                      Wirfs > Brown.
                      Brown > Leatherwood.

Tristan Wirfs would be a great right side player for us. Talented. Scheme flexible. (is Myers retained ? IDK)

I would parlay w/Scharff.

:coffee:

lemme see if Eye can get Nutty wound up...
                      Who is Scharff??:runaway:

On a serious note, the right side is often overlooked...would be nice to lock it down for 10 or 12 years. I think Okung is still solid, and has at least another year. Pipkens looks promising...let him develop properly behind Okung, we might have something there. Okung Lamp Pouncey Scherrf Wirfs....backed up by Pipkens, Feeney, Qberry, Tevi. Just a rough draft.
                      Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Who is Scharff??:runaway:

On a serious note, the right side is often overlooked...would be nice to lock it down for 10 or 12 years. I think Okung is still solid, and has at least another year. Pipkens looks promising...let him develop properly behind Okung, we might have something there. Okung Lamp Pouncey Scherrf Wirfs....backed up by Pipkens, Feeney, Qberry, Tevi. Just a rough draft.
                        Ha ha ha ha ha.

Scharff.
                        Sheriff.
                        Whatever his gosh dang name is.
                        The two dudes from Iowa.
                        Wit @blaqbadger14.

Comment

• glutton4Bolts
                          glutton for punishment
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Lake Arrowhead, CA
                          • Send PM

I, like so many others on this and other forums, have been asking for a 1st OT for about a decade.... but there is only one position more integral to a team and that is the QB. PR is on his way out... we move into a new stadium next season. We are losing what few fans we have left.... We need a QB of the future that can take the reigns and put butts in the seats. Kind of far off in the process to know where we are going to pick and what QBs will be available. Best case scenario at this point IMO:

- We lose out and draft in the top 5
                          - We trade down a few picks to get another pick from 20-35
                          - We still gets Hurts in the 1st round.
                          - We our high comp pick plus our 2nd rounder to move up to top 15 and select an OT.

One can always dream....

Comment

Working...
                          X