• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Forbes NFL Franchise Valuations

Only seven teams are worth less than $1 billion: the San Diego Chargers ($995 million), Cincinnati Bengals ($990 million), Oakland Raiders ($970 million), Jacksonville Jaguars ($965 million), Detroit Lions ($960 million), Buffalo Bills ($935 million) and the St. Louis Rams ($930 million).
    Great company. What is a common thread?

opcorn:

The Dallas Cowboys haven't made the playoffs since 2009, yet somehow Jerry Jones' team has once again risen in value -- by 36 percent over last year -- to lead the Forbes NFL Team Values list, which was released Wednesday, at $3.2 billion.
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
    Great company. What is a common thread?

opcorn:

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...eam-32-billion
    There is an obvious typo. Take out the word million in context with the Raiders :Raiders:

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Valuation is tied to revenue. The teams in this bunch don't necessarily draw much money in corporate suites, or corporate advertising. If the Chargers had a stadium that had great views from skyboxes, and had access easily from the north, other than freeways, that might change the picture.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
        Valuation is tied to revenue. The teams in this bunch don't necessarily draw much money in corporate suites, or corporate advertising. If the Chargers had a stadium that had great views from skyboxes, and had access easily from the north, other than freeways, that might change the picture.
        As part of their concession revenue, do the Raiders get a cut of the crack being sold in the parking lot? If so, maybe the millions is correct. Otherwise, I stand on their evaluation at $970.00 :Raiders:
        Last edited by Panamamike; 08-20-2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• Yubaking
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          I was an out of town season ticket holder from 2006-2010 (having last lived in San Diego in 1977), so I understand exactly what you are saying about there being no easy access from the immediate north with there being a neighborhood to the immediate north of the stadium. But how does that affect the team's valuation? What would access from the direct north offer that I-15 to Friars Road wouldn't? I don't really know the answer to that because I usually flew in from northern California, parked in Mission Valley and took the trolley to the stadium and then reversed the process back to northern California after the game.

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
            There is an obvious typo. Take out the word million in context with the Raiders :Raiders:
            Or add the word "Zimbabwean" in front of the dollar sign.
            Adipose

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
              I was an out of town season ticket holder from 2006-2010 (having last lived in San Diego in 1977), so I understand exactly what you are saying about there being no easy access from the immediate north with there being a neighborhood to the immediate north of the stadium. But how does that affect the team's valuation?
              Probably not in the current stadium, with its current suites. If they were to build a stadium Downtown, the current infrastructure probably could allow for access via rail, but it's not very convenient for potential suite buyers who are in the LA/OC and North County area. Suites would be easier to sell if it were pretty easy for those up north can get to them.

It was interesting to see that new Levi's stadium, on how the design was to emphasize the suites on the non-direct sunlight side only. It had a feel of a big version of a college stadium, like Stanford, and the regular folks now have to sit facing the sun. They designed it for revenue, not symmetry, which is more aesthetically acceptable. The Soldier Field redo in Chicago looks awful, because they did it for revenue. I've read that its currently a nightmare to drive to the new Levi's stadium, and I would suspect that if a new stadium was built downtown, it would be as bad.

Comment

Working...
              X