• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post

No, I think they butchered the delivery of the stat last night, and it is the exact opposite of what you are understanding. Looking on Nextgen, Rivers has one of the quickest releases this season. There are a ton of QBs with average "Time to Throw" above 2.8 seconds, including greats like Russell Wilson.
    Russell Wilson creates time

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

As bad as Rivers has played he is better than Marriota, that is a fact Marriota plays behind a better oline his problem is he can't read defenses and results in sacks or panics and throw aways. Rivers flaws and all still reads defense, just not making good descions in crunch time.
      He may be able to read defenses but he doesn’t understand what he’s reading. No reading comprehension.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Russell Wilson creates time
        Of course he does, but that's not relevant to the point here...just use any of the other QBs on the list, like Cousins with a 2.9 I believe. The stat ESPN threw out was confusing because of the way they worded it, making it sound like the OL is giving good time this season, when it is in fact the opposite.

Comment

• El_Tee
          I’m No Noob
          • Sep 2019
          • Disney World, FL
          • Send PM

End of the 3rd Q. Score was 24-17 KC.

Rivers had had four shots to score at least 7 combined points.

1st shot: 3 and out
          2nd shot: 3 and out
          3rd shot: 4th down INT
          4th shot: end zone INT

The defense held Mahomes to zippo in the 4th Q. We kept getting the ball back.

Gordon dropped a couple passes. I get that. Our receivers for whatever reason aren’t getting a ton of separation at times. But there are also plays where Rivers doesn’t find/read the open guy.

He also likes to throw the bomb to Patton, who runs Benji’s routes without Benji’s overrated speed. Think about that.

I saw enough of Patton in last week’s debacle. Didn’t need another helping this week.

We could have Ekeler, Gordon, Allen, Hunter, and Williams out there at the same time and that’s what we get? Someone is a good choice every play. Find them.

Four possessions and more picks than points.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

Why get Cam Newton, and lose at least one draft pick, when you can sign Colin Kapernick (who is the same type of QB), and not have to waste a draft pick on the gamble?
            The days where you don't feel like laughing, are usually the days you need a good laugh the most. Thanks for that little nugget.:lmao:
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Coachmarkos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • SoDak
              • Technology Director
              • Send PM

I think this is his last year in Bolts. Whether or not he decides to retire, I don't know.

I think you bring in a new coordinator that is going to run some of the fancy new stuff... and you draft a mobile quarterback, and you let the guys win the job.

Tyrod, Easton, and/or draft pick.

I don't want Stick or Taylor running the Rivers offense. (we saw that this last preseason)

I think you've got to bring in someone who is going to build the offense to the strengths of the QB room.

The offensive line, particularly the Tackles are a mess, and this has definitely affected Rivers. But a few of those throws, he had time... he just forced stuff.

Booger sucks as a color guy, but he was accurate in his accounting of all the self inflicted wounds the team had. Rivers had most of the big ones.

He hurt us more than anyone last night.
              (It really hurts me to write that.)
              "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• chris9341
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by floydefisher View Post

Why get Cam Newton, and lose at least one draft pick, when you can sign Colin Kapernick (who is the same type of QB), and not have to waste a draft pick on the gamble?
                Fuck Kaepernick.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                  This is a devastating stat for River’s legacy.
                  When the Bucs & Browns are the comparisons that is just fucking ugly.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• boltman2222
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

River's problem is not lack of knowledge (like some rookie.) Coach Lynn and Steichen need to have 2 starting caliber QB's compete in practice in ONE area: Decision making scenarios under duress. May the best man win regardless of past success or failures. Period.

You know numbers don't lie.
                    River's current passer rating in 2019: 85.5 (like a backup)
                    Tyrod Taylor's career rating: 89.6 with teams like (Bad) Baltimore, Poor Receivers in Buffalo and Cleveland. Imagine what he could do with K. Allen, H. Henry, M. Williams and Ekeler! Plus he is known for NOT making crucial mistakes. Makes sense to me...what do you think?

BTW, I found a way to get a hold of coaches's phone numbers and home addresses online. Texted about 4 of them, and one of the owners this suggestion weeks ago. (Before the raider, and chiefs losses.) I believe we beat those 2 teams with Ty Taylor at the helm because he would NOT have thrown 7 picks/fumbled the ball away in 2 games. Of course, they won't listen. However, I did send them these things below still:

Their motto: "Always compete" manifests itself. Why not adopt the motto that the successful Patriots use (which is the ONLY thing written in their locker room). "WIN BEFORE THE BATTLE BEGINS." This is awesome because it comes from "Art of War" (Sun Tzu). When his principles are followed, people win. When not, they lose. His teachings prevail today in business, military and sports. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maOFYVR8B40.
                    At 5:45, "Know your enemy and know yourself, and in a thousand battles, you will not be in peril." Rivers does NOT know himself. That's why there are MANY mistakes. He should know he is impulsive, a hothead, forceful. Know this and play within yourself when the game is on the line....calm yourself. Make the SMART decision.

Family motivates Rivers. I also texted them to tell Rivers: "Stop thinking of just yourself." Think about all those kids and your wife, mom and dad. Stop embarrassing them. 9 kids - You don't think they distract or at least tire Rivers out? Does he play on minimal sleep, thus affecting his focus?

Powder blues are feminine colors. Dark blue unis are masculine.

Several reports (Google it) point to Tom Brady coming to LA next year in 2020 because he wants a Hollywood career after retiring.His QB coach is in Ca. His trainer is in Ca. He has a QB camp in CA. Wants to play at a new stadium and is currently unhappy with getting his WR's yanked after he worked hard with them (Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon.). He could train Easton Stick to be a champion too. Efficient and effective Tyrod can be his backup. Get Jalen Ramsey (DJ's buddy.) Draft an Offensive Tackle #1. Bring in Brady. Practice Art of War. Makes sense for a winning formula.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

This is a devastating stat for River’s legacy.
                      When the Bucs & Browns are the comparisons that is just fucking ugly.
                      Of course, you could make a very strong argument that during his career he kept us in games when we were overmatched talent-wise or grossly out-coached. Would people feel better if we lost those games by double digits?

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Of course, you could make a very strong argument that during his career he kept us in games when we were overmatched talent-wise or grossly out-coached. Would people feel better if we lost those games by double digits?
                        Exactly. Everyone is looking at this stat as if it means Rivers was good, but never good enough to win close games.

In reality, Rivers is 9th all time in wins, playing for a bad team the majority of his career. 61 of his 97 losses have been by 7 points or fewer, meaning with him, we almost always were competitive.

Also, how many of the 61 losses fell on the defense giving up the final score or a kicker missing at the end?

It's a damn shame to see a HOF career end like this, with media and people with casual knowledge of the game trashing the dude like I've never seen before. I totally get fans that are ready to move on, but the guy deserves some respect from the community on his way out.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by boltman2222 View Post
                          River's problem is not lack of knowledge (like some rookie.) Coach Lynn and Steichen need to have 2 starting caliber QB's compete in practice in ONE area: Decision making scenarios under duress. May the best man win regardless of past success or failures. Period.

You know numbers don't lie.
                          River's current passer rating in 2019: 85.5 (like a backup)
                          Tyrod Taylor's career rating: 89.6 with teams like (Bad) Baltimore, Poor Receivers in Buffalo and Cleveland. Imagine what he could do with K. Allen, H. Henry, M. Williams and Ekeler! Plus he is known for NOT making crucial mistakes. Makes sense to me...what do you think?

BTW, I found a way to get a hold of coaches's phone numbers and home addresses online. Texted about 4 of them, and one of the owners this suggestion weeks ago. (Before the raider, and chiefs losses.) I believe we beat those 2 teams with Ty Taylor at the helm because he would NOT have thrown 7 picks/fumbled the ball away in 2 games. Of course, they won't listen. However, I did send them these things below still:

Their motto: "Always compete" manifests itself. Why not adopt the motto that the successful Patriots use (which is the ONLY thing written in their locker room). "WIN BEFORE THE BATTLE BEGINS." This is awesome because it comes from "Art of War" (Sun Tzu). When his principles are followed, people win. When not, they lose. His teachings prevail today in business, military and sports. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maOFYVR8B40.
                          At 5:45, "Know your enemy and know yourself, and in a thousand battles, you will not be in peril." Rivers does NOT know himself. That's why there are MANY mistakes. He should know he is impulsive, a hothead, forceful. Know this and play within yourself when the game is on the line....calm yourself. Make the SMART decision.

Family motivates Rivers. I also texted them to tell Rivers: "Stop thinking of just yourself." Think about all those kids and your wife, mom and dad. Stop embarrassing them. 9 kids - You don't think they distract or at least tire Rivers out? Does he play on minimal sleep, thus affecting his focus?

Powder blues are feminine colors. Dark blue unis are masculine.

Several reports (Google it) point to Tom Brady coming to LA next year in 2020 because he wants a Hollywood career after retiring.His QB coach is in Ca. His trainer is in Ca. He has a QB camp in CA. Wants to play at a new stadium and is currently unhappy with getting his WR's yanked after he worked hard with them (Antonio Brown, Josh Gordon.). He could train Easton Stick to be a champion too. Efficient and effective Tyrod can be his backup. Get Jalen Ramsey (DJ's buddy.) Draft an Offensive Tackle #1. Bring in Brady. Practice Art of War. Makes sense for a winning formula.
                          Brady isn't playing for the Chargers. And even if he did, they wouldn't win unless there were organizational changes on a large scale. Brady knows that...he's smart enough to not tarnish his legacy.

Comment

Working...
                          X