That Was Ugly. Seriously, Where Do We Go From Here?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Chargers need a third WR baaad. Benjamin slid down in performance and Patton is playing like a sub par practice squader. Williams and Allen are shouldering too much of the WR load.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
      Chargers need a third WR baaad. Benjamin slid down in performance and Patton is playing like a sub par practice squader. Williams and Allen are shouldering too much of the WR load.
      Whole heartedly agree with this. The offense really does miss Tyrell...having a quality 3rd WR option makes a big difference to an offense. Patton and the rest behind MW are practice squad talent.

Comment

• Silversurfer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Los Angeles
        • Send PM

We need some speed guys at skill positions.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Just looking at the above the posts and wondering why there wasnt more Josh Gordon support. It was a glaring need.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Why is Rivers throwing to KA in triple coverage ?

Because we need WR#3...1a on my PON.
            Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• OhioBolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post

Season is not over isnt it? that is my fricking problem, we still have a chance, but we won't either make it to the playoffs or make homework for next year by letting youngsters play.
              I respectfully disagree we have a chance to what?

We don't have a chance to get better; the only thing it is about now is playing for pride and player evaluation for 2020. Coach Lynn isn't going to pack it inn and say oh well, Rivers will continue to start and between Rivers and the Defense there will be enough to keep us in the game, to leave the balance in the weight of the outcome in Rivers hand.

I say Rivers starts every game, but the last couple of game Stick will get some playing time.

Only thing to look for is there any youngsters capable of contributing in 2020

Only a handful of players to watch

Pipkens - whether progresses in the last 5 games
              Jason Moore - is he capable of WR 4 - I have seen enough of Patton, and never was impressed with Geremey Davis, and we desparately need a speed WR/PR
              Tranquill- just needs to play he is going to transition into a starter
              Khzir White - need to find out can he be a starter
              Justin Jones -who was hyped at beginning of the year needs to show if he is a starter or just a rotational guy
              Cortez Broughton - is he capable backup

Other than that nothing is to be gained out of this season than personal statistics

Will Keenan Allen go over a 1000 yards
              Will Mike Williams go over a 1000 yards I can't believe this guy only has (1) 100 yard recieving game in his career.
              Will Mike Williams score a TD this year ZERO so far aftter having 10 TDs last year
              Will Bosa reach double digit sacks currently 8.5
              Will Rivers reach 4000 yards currently 3169
              Will Rivers lead the league in INT probably not long a Jamesion Winston keeps playing

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

I agree. In fact I thought we needed a better #3 while Benjamin was still playing. The proof is in looking at the games, one after another, that Patton didn't make even make one catch.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• El_Tee
                  I’m No Noob
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Disney World, FL
                  • Send PM

If Tyrod isn’t capable of leading this team then why in the blue truck did we pay him $6m per?!?!

At thisbpoint we are in rebuild. There is NO POINT to not ripping off the bandaid now versus end of 2020 or 2021.

We are in rebuild. Some of us just haven’t realized that.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Agree with this. The coaching staff seem to love Patton's blocking, but that may be a tell since he rarely gets looked at or produces when targeted. We desperately need a couple of quick/fast guys to complement Keenan and MW.

Comment

• bartman83642
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      The only way to find if Taylor is or isn't a future option is to let him play. The remainder of this season is for evaluating players, and it's becoming a pretty safe bet the Chargers and Rivers are heading for a divorce. Taylor had some good years in Buffalo; plenty of QBs have resurrected their careers with another team. Taylor has had the advantage of sitting most of this season behind a HOF player. Let's see if he has progressed. What does the team have to lose?

I get where you are coming from but there are a number of reasons to not make the switch to Taylor. First and foremost is the unknown situation with Rivers. There are basically two probable options here. Either the team doesn't resign him or they do to what would likely be a short 1-2 year contract.

From what seems to be the opinion of a lot of people on here Rivers won't be with the team next year and we won't make the playoffs regardless of which is QB. From a strictly business standpoint as it sits right now Rivers has no viable dollar value to the team past the last game of the season while Taylor still does. That being said may as well let Rivers finish out the season and take and absorb the hits if the season is not salvageable instead putting in Taylor. No sense taking any unnecessary risks to Taylor's health under the assumption that moving forward to next year he would either be the starter or still the backup if another option is found to replace Rivers.

Now IF, and that is probably a big if, the other possibility happens and the team seeks to resign Rivers at the end of the season he could be very valuable help to any incoming rookie if the team decides to go after a new QB in the draft. If that happens and it turned into an Eli Manning type situation next year, so be it we could probably live with that. If he got benched and Taylor doesn't perform will with the team where does that leave us? QB controversy? Not good for the team if that happens. In any case benching Rivers would probably put the kibosh on him resigning so I doubt that would happen.

Either way you have to decide what to do with Taylor at the end of next year.. He is currently the 3rd highest paid backup in the league and only under contract through next season.

As far as lets see if Taylor has progressed I guess that could be really interesting for us fans. However, the team already has a pretty good idea either way. They have seen his career thus far as well as mini camp, training camp preseason and the work he has put in so far this season during practice. Ultimately they know and we don't. It is just a risk\reward decision at this point and in my opinion the risk doesn't live up to any possible reward.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post

I get where you are coming from but there are a number of reasons to not make the switch to Taylor. First and foremost is the unknown situation with Rivers. There are basically two probable options here. Either the team doesn't resign him or they do to what would likely be a short 1-2 year contract.
                        If the team wants Rivers back for 1 or 2 seasons to groom his drafted replacement, the guaranteed way to NOT make this happen is to bench him.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Why would the Bengals pass on him? They need a QB more than we do.
                          Bengals needs are numerous. They need multiple picks in order to rebuild. There are other QBs for the Bengals to choose from, in the lower rounds.

Raiders are a fresh example of this rebuilding philosophy in action.

Comment

Working...
                          X