• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El_Tee
    I’m No Noob
    • Sep 2019
    • Disney World, FL
    • Send PM

Hunter Henry is not the heir apparent to Gates. He isn’t materializing into what we’d hoped for.

He won’t be back. It’s already decided. Lock.

He hasn’t taken his game to that absolute next level that top TEs are at. Yet some other team will vastly overpay.

All of this sounds like I don’t like him. I’d love to be wrong. But our offer will be south of $10m per, and some other team will offer him much more.

The only caveat is Brady, and if Brady does sign here and wants Henry as his TE than I think the offer goes to $12m per and Henry stays. Otherwise adios.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post
      Hunter Henry is not the heir apparent to Gates. He isn’t materializing into what we’d hoped for.

He hasn’t taken his game to that absolute next level that top TEs are at. Yet some other team will vastly overpay.

All of this sounds like I don’t like him. I’d love to be wrong. But our offer will be south of $10m per, and some other team will offer him much more.

The only caveat is Brady, and if Brady does sign here and wants Henry as his TE than I think the offer goes to $12m per and Henry stays. Otherwise adios.
      If somebody wants to pay Hunter Henry 10m plus per year - its fine he moves on. Right now, I see him as a good player but health is a concern. As Coach Herm said, "availability is a skil set." I think something like 7-8m per year is fair for Henry. IF not, keep walking.

Chargers have bigger issues. Fix the OL, fix the OL, upgrade the interior of the Defense (that means DT, NT, MLB) - than worry about the other stuff.

Of course QB too. But thats a given.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

If the Chargers were to move on from Rivers and seriously were thinking Brady they'd be smart to sign a better, younger QB that wouldn't piss off all their current fans, sign former Bolt, Drew Brees instead.

Comment

• Chargerville
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post

Who said we are drafting one ? they may not
          Yeah but they very well may... and probably should.

I think it wouldn’t at all be a bad thing to take a young QB and let him sit and be mentored by a future hall of famer for at least a season or two.
          Last edited by Chargerville; 01-11-2020, 03:38 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

If somebody wants to pay Hunter Henry 10m plus per year - its fine he moves on. Right now, I see him as a good player but health is a concern. As Coach Herm said, "availability is a skil set." I think something like 7-8m per year is fair for Henry. IF not, keep walking.

Chargers have bigger issues. Fix the OL, fix the OL, upgrade the interior of the Defense (that means DT, NT, MLB) - than worry about the other stuff.

Of course QB too. But thats a given.
            2 million difference is negligible
            HH is our only viable TE
            2024: Far From Over

Comment

• captaind
              Cook This Pork Chops
              • Jun 2013
              • Mars
              • Ball Holder
              • Send PM

“The Brady suite at Gillette Stadium where (Gisele Bundchen) has been known to watch her husband play football has been cleaned out," he said.

Hill added: “It would appear to be, by those who are in the know, that it has been cleaned out in way that perhaps it has never has been cleaned out before.”

In addition, Hill said Brady and his family have already moved out of their Brookline, Massachusetts home and moved into their recently purchased home in Greenwich, Connecticut.
              Sounds like both Rivers & Brady are both packing up & preparing for the next chapter. Where they end up is anyone's guess.

Comment

• DontEverGiveUp
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2019
                • Send PM

I see some of y'all are still entertaining the idea that Brady would come play for the Chargers. Delusional.

Comment

• captaind
                  Cook This Pork Chops
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Mars
                  • Ball Holder
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by DontEverGiveUp View Post
                  I see some of y'all are still entertaining the idea that Brady would come play for the Chargers. Delusional.
                  $4,000,000,000.00 over budget. So, no, we aren't delusional. We have enough common sense to know they're shitting their pants trying to find a way to sell tickets.

It's not that I want Brady, but I fully understand that money is all that matters to these people.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by El_Tee View Post

Henry is no Gates and Neither Ryan Mathews not Melvin Gordon are LT. It’s hard to replace HOF players. We never have replaced Seau for that matter.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

We never have replaced Seau for that matter.
                      Well, we did, but he couldn't pass a drug test.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

$4,000,000,000.00 over budget. So, no, we aren't delusional. We have enough common sense to know they're shitting their pants trying to find a way to sell tickets.

It's not that I want Brady, but I fully understand that money is all that matters to these people.
                        The great big poop stains are informative enough. Rivers couldn't even sell out the Stub Hub.

The Spanos want Brady......the only one who could create a buzz for this non entity on the L.A. landscape.

& BTW, Brady likes tight ends.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Utah
                          • Midnight Toker
                          • Send PM

I seriously cannot believe some want Brady here. First he wouldn't do any better than Rivers with this Oline. Second why in the hell would you want a 43 year old QB? Seriously..... I would take a another down year with Rivers and groom Stick or someone drafted this year over a GOAT fossil. .

Comment

Working...
                          X