• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Fire the O line coach. The OL is out of sync and appears unprepared all to often.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      Fire the O line coach. The OL is out of sync and appears unprepared all to often.
      I agree 100%. I haven’t seen any development at all from any of the young guys. A guy like Pipken will need all the help he can get and I don’t think this coach is the answer.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

I'll do something devious...say sell the team for

giphy.gif

Comment

• assman3000
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
          I'll do something devious...say sell the team for

giphy.gif
          I agree.

Like whistle blow all behind the scenes shady Spanos stuff. Divulge secrets, trade PR, DJ, Bosa and MW then quit by 12pm over text message

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by assman3000 View Post

I agree.

Like whistle blow all behind the scenes shady Spanos stuff. Divulge secrets, trade PR, DJ, Bosa and MW then quit by 12pm over text message
            why stop there? Bring back Younghoe Koo and Ted Cotrell, give George Stewart a lifetime contract, and make he who shall never be named the new QB's coach.

Comment

• mecho
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

My one move would be to trade Melvin Ingram. Not as young as he used to be and it may be worth getting value for him now before his play falls off the edge of the cliff. Gordon can go in free agency, whatever compensation we get will be likely better than what we would receive in a trade.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2019
                • Utah
                • Midnight Toker
                • Send PM

So what do we find out with the votes? It's all across the board. :help::cuss::killme:

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Gwynning_Spirit View Post

why stop there? Bring back Younghoe Koo and Ted Cotrell, give George Stewart a lifetime contract, and make he who shall never be named the new QB's coach.
                  I still remember when xman was all over Ted Cotrell to bring him as a HC

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
                    So what do we find out with the votes? It's all across the board. :help::cuss::killme:
                    The problems are too deep to fix in the middle of the season.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
                      Chargers Hall of Fame
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                      This team has had an insane number of injuries. Some things are freak things (like Okung) and some just happen in a violent game (Henry's cracked bone, Philips' broken arm, torn ACLs, etc.). But the sheer number of soft tissue injuries we are having defies reason. We are either the unluckiest team ever injury wise or are doing something wrong with our approach to conditioning, core strength, flexibility, whatever you want fo focus on. Start with the trainers and clean house.
                      I've thought more about this and also scratch my head at the improbability of our injury bug.

But then I started to think about how poorly coached we always seem to be.

When WE make gains, it's USUALLY Rivers trying to fit the ball into a tight window of a very-covered receiver. Or we do the check-down pass, one yard past the line, only to run into the waiting arms of three defenders. Or we the run up the congested gut.

When I see OTHER teams complete their passes, I usually see a cushion. There is space. Their pass play put the receiver into a much less dense area of the field. Likewise, their screens allow backs to run, uncontested, for quite a few yards before the first hit.

I guess my wondering is - could our SCHEME and COACHING be causing some of these injuries? Are we putting our players in terrible positions where they are more likely to be injured? When you catch a ball in traffic, the chances of you getting injured go WAY up. Seems like our plays are always in traffic. Or our defenders are in POOR tackling position (or having to do it solo).

I've not crunched any numbers on this, so willing to be waved off. But, something tells me this has more to do with our injuries than we'd like to admit.

:2cents:
                      Last edited by BayAreaBoltz; 10-25-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        Trade Gordon to the Lions. They need a back.

pick up Josh Gordon once he goes on waivers

trade for Chris Harris Jr?

I like that all three would be okay with me, Josh Gordon shouldn't cost much, trading Gordon would be addition by subtraction, Chris Harris would be a nice pick up would be interesting what Keenan Allen would say considering he was quoted this guy couldn't hold my jock strap

Comment

Working...
                        X