Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

GM For A Day

You have one move. Obviously a trade would depend on how many draft picks or for which player for it to be considered good. Forget all of that. Which would be your #1 priority to get done.
    Trade Gordon
    22.22%
    Trade Rivers
    0%
    Fire Lynn
    3.70%
    Throw the rest of the season. Top 5 draft pick
    7.41%
    Trade Ingram
    14.81%
    Give up draft picks for O-lineman trade
    0%
    Fire Telsco
    3.70%
    Fire Whiz
    3.70%
    Fire Bradley
    7.41%
    Fire all Strength and Conditioning personnel
    3.70%
    Secretly invite a bunch of investors to buy the team
    22.22%
    Other
    11.11%
    Last edited by SuperCharged; 10-23-2019, 10:59 PM.
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

This team has had an insane number of injuries. Some things are freak things (like Okung) and some just happen in a violent game (Henry's cracked bone, Philips' broken arm, torn ACLs, etc.). But the sheer number of soft tissue injuries we are having defies reason. We are either the unluckiest team ever injury wise or are doing something wrong with our approach to conditioning, core strength, flexibility, whatever you want fo focus on. Start with the trainers and clean house.

Comment

• OhioBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Everything is on the table except the top two things

1. Rivers doesn't get traded period, and he is FA at end of the season so why would anybody trade for him now, only one team I could think of and that is only if they think they could make a run for the playoffs is the Titans, but that is a stretch big time what would they give us in value for Rivers at age 37 and again he will be a FA end of season and who knows what we are going to do.

2. Melvin Gordon has about ZERO trade value based on his performance and he will be a FA after this season based on his current play we be lucky to get a 6th round comp pick for him when he signs with another team.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

1. Rivers doesn't get traded period, and he is FA at end of the season so why would anybody trade for him now, only one team I could think of and that is only if they think they could make a run for the playoffs is the Titans, but that is a stretch big time what would they give us in value for Rivers at age 37 and again he will be a FA end of season and who knows what we are going to do.

2. Melvin Gordon has about ZERO trade value based on his performance and he will be a FA after this season based on his current play we be lucky to get a 6th round comp pick for him when he signs with another team.
        If Gordon doesn't get hurt (and that is certainly a possibility based on his past) than someone will sign him and we'll get more than a 6th for him. Clearly based on the last 3 games he won't get even close to what he was asking, but he still has 9 games left to show something. The better he does, the higher our compensatory pick will be.

Comment

• SuperCharged
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2019
          • Utah
          • Midnight Toker
          • Send PM

I just wanted to get a feel for if there was one thing you could change right now what would it be.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

I'd have to be owner for a day to fire John boy.

As GM I could fire myself and get someone who knew the value of having an O-line.

But one personnel move would be to try to trade M.Ingram or T.Davis because of future cap implications.
            One day would not be enough time to get an early extension done to keep Bosa, which would otherwise be my #1 priority.

Comment

• FoutsFan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Birmingham AL
              • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post

My vote to trade him would be just to remove the temptation from Lynn to start him and Whiz to run the unimaginative shotgun run up the middle on first down that everyone knows is coming.

Comment

• foreigner
                Tom Telesco is gone
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

One move? Secretly invite a bunch of investors to buy the team

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Sit back and evaluate the team and organization for the remainder of the season. I have a big, fat contract & am in no hurry.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Trade Gordon to the Lions. They need a back.

pick up Josh Gordon once he goes on waivers

trade for Chris Harris Jr?

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                      One move? Secretly invite a bunch of investors to buy the team
                      Had to add that. I would support that 100%

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

You can't fire only Gus or only Whiz, they have both been huge let downs this year, they would both have to go at the same time to show everyone on the team how serious things are. Do we have any young hungry smart assistants undiscovered as of yet that may be stars with creative offense or defense packages?

Comment

Working...
                        X