Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

ESPN Chefs projected roster

Examining the Kansas City Chiefs' roster:QUARTERBACKS (3) Alex Smith Chase Daniel Tyler Bray The Chiefs could go a lot of different directions here.
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

The Chefs have some interesting prospects, but outside of a few big names, they really don't look like that strong a roster. Their pass rush should be very dangerous, and they have a good player in every area, but they are not deep, and not even very good in their starters.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      The Chefs have some interesting prospects, but outside of a few big names, they really don't look like that strong a roster. Their pass rush should be very dangerous, and they have a good player in every area, but they are not deep, and not even very good in their starters.
      I agree. I'm staying away from Charles in FFL this year, because that OLine looks awful on paper. I hate that they drafted Dee Ford.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

This team worries me, but if ever there was a team built to beat them, it's us.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Dee Ford looks like a one trick pony to me. However, even if he can't finish, he should still be a solid enough backup to compliment Hali and Houtson.

As far as KC winning last year, a huge part of it was forcing so many turnovers. They scored 140 pts off of turnovers, which is just under 1/3 of off their points all season.

Granted, they did a lot with the turnovers when they got them, but it also shows that if you protect the ball, KC has a hard to beating teams on their own. I know most fans hate it, but there are some teams that you really do have to approach playing not to lose to, because they aren't good enough to beat you unless you help them. The Raiders did that too us last year.

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I see them struggling
            1. Alex Smith again, and again I say is average.
            2. The OL returns only two starter's from last year
            3. WR outside of Bowe does anybody remotely scare you?
            4. Their CB situation looks bad

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I can't see us losing to them.

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

I don't think their OL is necessarily going to be awful, but it was a real strength last year. I think Smith and Charles were able to really excel because they had great confidence in their OL, who were all good to very good pass and run blockers. Now, they are not going to be as good, and the confidence and coordination is not going to be the same. Plus, they don't have a lot of other units to lean on, like they could the OL last year.

The on area people really haven't talked about is their S. Berry is a good player, although he never seems to play that well against us. But after him, those other guys are not even that great on the prospects scale. Cooper might be ready to step up, and I think Owens has some potential down the road at CB, but who are their "other" S? I don't think they were exposed much last year, but with the decline in quality of their CB, it may be a bigger issue against us.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

I seem to recall their 2nd team kicking our asses last year. I'm not underestimating them.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• OhioBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Jamal Charles = Pre CJ2KChris Johnson

Both explosive players, but with their body size how much of a pounding can those guys take, they only come out for breathers or injury, they both run and catch the ball well, but again at that size how many touches you can take before your game drops. For us LT was a beast he was a bigger back than Charles and Johnson and he started to break down fast after that big year in 2006 breaking the single season rushing TD, he followed up with one more good season then begin to slowdown. Chris Johnson put up a 2000 yard season and had a good follow up year, but has shown not to be the same back. What holds for the future for Jamal Charlse?

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                      I seem to recall their 2nd team kicking our asses last year. I'm not underestimating them.
                      Yup, their depth impressed me in that game.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
                        Jamal Charles = Pre CJ2KChris Johnson

Both explosive players, but with their body size how much of a pounding can those guys take, they only come out for breathers or injury, they both run and catch the ball well, but again at that size how many touches you can take before your game drops. For us LT was a beast he was a bigger back than Charles and Johnson and he started to break down fast after that big year in 2006 breaking the single season rushing TD, he followed up with one more good season then begin to slowdown. Chris Johnson put up a 2000 yard season and had a good follow up year, but has shown not to be the same back. What holds for the future for Jamal Charlse?
                        What knocked Charles out of the playoffs vs Indy? Wasn't that a concussion?
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X