• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antonio's Gates
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Role of each Rookie

might have made a thread like this before but now that we're in training camp it's becoming a little more clear by the day.

Verrett- I think he'll make the biggest impact out of all the rookies. Wouldn't surprise me if he eventually started over Wright. He just seems too good to keep off the field. Initially he'll probably start out as the #3 corner.

Attaochu- Seems a little raw right now. I wouldn't expect anything more than him being asked to come in on third downs and rush the passer. Similar role to what Shaun Phillips had his first two seasons.

Watt- Should be in a battle with Troutman for the RG job. I'm not expecting Clary back until midseason, if at all.

Carrethers- Haven't seen or heard much from him but then again they've only been in pads for one day. At this point though, probably a gameday inactive as Lissemores' backup

Grice- He's shown he can catch but with the three guys ahead of him he too is probably looking at being inactive on gamedays unless he can win the kick return job.

Reese- Not only do I expect him to make the team as long as he's healthy, but I expect him to contribute on offense. His game really compliments Allen. Should be fun to watch in preseason. Could win the PR job as well, but that would require some patience because some struggles are expected with how raw he is at it.

Don't see any of the undrafted guys making the team. I'm rooting for Watts though. With the pads on we'll probably start hearing more about him, good or bad. Chris Davis might be stuck in a numbers crunch but if they really like him I don't think they'd hesitate cutting (trading?) a guy like Marshall who's probably not in the long term plans.
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

I have no expectations for careathers this year at all unless Geathers really bombs.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Hope they find a way to sneak Davis on the 53, maybe as a gunner.

Comment

• Panamamike
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
        Hope they find a way to sneak Davis on the 53, maybe as a gunner.
        I don't see it. I think he will be on the PS. He needs the time to really work on his technique and recognition. I really don't think he will be poached. I do think he has a chance to develop down the line. I just don't see him offering enough insurance as a defensive replacement to warrant a spot on the 53.

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Well let's see how camp goes, I'm not even ruling out Tutu finally putting it all together as a WR.

C is starting to worry me, why have Troutman take reps unless they're looking for backups for their backups? Maybe both he and Watt backup two spots, with Orhberger as starting C.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
            I have no expectations for careathers this year at all unless Geathers really bombs.
            geathers was really bad at the practice I went to thursday. He plays way too high.

Comment

• bonehead
              Undrafted
              • Jul 2013
              • TBD
              • Retired
              • Send PM

I just hope our rooks are reading this. Knowing their roles will go along way to not only making this team but being solid contributors for years to come
              Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
              X