• Eastlake
    • Send PM

It was just updated on August 1st.

Comment

• Screeme
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Mike Harris is listed as Fluker's backup...?

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Screeme View Post
        Mike Harris is listed as Fluker's backup...?
        Who else is there to take that job?

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

UT - 53 man roster - prediction #1

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Who else is there to take that job?
          Our OT depth scares me the most. Thankfully we got Joe D who can make gold out of shit.

Herndon is kind of the sleeper to make the team IMO.

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

This week's depth chart at the SDUT has Tutu not making the final 53. I know, crazy talk.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
              This week's depth chart at the SDUT has Tutu not making the final 53. I know, crazy talk.
              not that crazy. He is pretty much strictly a special teams player. Guys like him are available throughout the year.

Comment

• Yubaking
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                I think we can all agree that after Floyd, Allen and Royal, no WR is a lock. I do not agree with their exclusion of Tutu, who I have as the player that should be the next safest after the three locks.

They are sticking with the notion of only 8 OL including Clary. That is insane. Of course, they adjusted their thinking to include an actual #2 OC, but now they are suggesting that Troutman will not make the team. That would be a mistake. The guy is an effective run blocker right now and his pass blocking can be developed. I am not sure why they are not having the team keep 9 OL. It seems necessary, especially with Clary's health at issue.

It looks like we are going to be drafting OLBs from here to heck and gone if Law is really behind T. Williams and Keiser. If true, this is disappointing news. Next year, we will only have an aging JJ, Ingram, and Attaochu as players with high end potential. It looks like we will need to pick up two guys unless T. Williams or Keiser can develop into a quality reserve.

Scafe over Guy??? What has Scafe ever done? Guy looked pretty good as a reserve for us last year. I would keep 7 DL, not 6.

3 QBs and 4 TEs??? I hope not.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

UT - 53 man roster - prediction #1

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                  I think we can all agree that after Floyd, Allen and Royal, no WR is a lock. I do not agree with their exclusion of Tutu, who I have as the player that should be the next safest after the three locks.

They are sticking with the notion of only 8 OL including Clary. That is insane. Of course, they adjusted their thinking to include an actual #2 OC, but now they are suggesting that Troutman will not make the team. That would be a mistake. The guy is an effective run blocker right now and his pass blocking can be developed. I am not sure why they are not having the team keep 9 OL. It seems necessary, especially with Clary's health at issue.

It looks like we are going to be drafting OLBs from here to heck and gone if Law is really behind T. Williams and Keiser. If true, this is disappointing news. Next year, we will only have an aging JJ, Ingram, and Attaochu as players with high end potential. It looks like we will need to pick up two guys unless T. Williams or Keiser can develop into a quality reserve.

Scafe over Guy??? What has Scafe ever done? Guy looked pretty good as a reserve for us last year. I would keep 7 DL, not 6.

3 QBs and 4 TEs??? I hope not.
                  Yeah. 4 TEs is not happening. Same with 8 OL. I also don't believe keiser is ahead of law. Law got more reps than keiser when I went to practice. Agree on scafe/guy. Also on troutman. For some reason the UT guys love to hate troutman but the fact is he played well last year and showed a lot in the run game. He might not start but he's got a ceiling.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Predicting the Chargers' 53: Take 2
                    By Kevin Acee and Michael Gehlken1 p.m.Aug. 2, 2014

Print
                    ��
                    Comments 0

Rich Ohrnberger, shown here playing center in the Chargers' playoff victory at Cincinnati in January after he replaced the injured Nick Hardwick, this week replaces Johnnie Troutman on the projected 53-man roster. Rich Ohrnberger, shown here playing center in the Chargers' playoff victory at Cincinnati in January after he replaced the injured Nick Hardwick, this week replaces Johnnie Troutman on the projected 53-man roster. Sean m. Haffey

0Comments

Each week leading up to the finals cuts on Aug. 30, UT Chargers beat writer Michael Gehlken and columnist Kevin Acee update their predictions of who will make the 53-man roster. In their second take, there is just one change but plenty of caveats about who is on the edge.

QB (3)

Philip Rivers

Kellen Clemens

Brad Sorensen

RB (4)

Ryan Mathews

Danny Woodhead

Donald Brown: As advertised. If Mathews injured in 2014, wheels won't fall off running game like in Denver playoff loss.

Marion Grice

OL (8)

King Dunlap

Chad Rinehart

Nick Hardwick

Jeromey Clary This is with the expectation that he will be healthy and off the PUP list.

D.J. Fluker

Chris Watt

Rich Ohrnberger: Value of veteran insurance at center and Watt's development as rookie could mean Johnnie Troutman odd man out.

Michael Harris

WR (6)

Keenan Allen

Malcom Floyd

Eddie Royal

Vincent Brown: Will miss at least part of preseason with calf injury. Good spring and experience in system keep him in frame for now.

Dontrelle Inman

Tevin Reese

TE (4)

Antonio Gates

Ladarius Green

David Johnson

John Phillips

DL (6)

Corey Liuget

Kendall Reyes

Sean Lissemore

Kwame Geathers

Damik Scafe: Lawrence Guy and undrafted rookie Tenny Palepoi also in mix. Lissemore's versatility to play end invaluable.

Ryan Carrethers

OLB (5)

Melvin Ingram

Jarret Johnson

Dwight Freeney

Jerry Attaochu

Tourek Williams: Thomas Keiser, not Cordarro Law, appears to be his closest competition entering preseason.

ILB (5)

Donald Butler

Manti Te'o

Kavell Connor

Reggie Walker

Andrew Gachkar

CB (5)

Shareece Wright

Brandon Flowers

Jason Verrett

Richard Marshall

Steve Williams: One of better man-to-man corners on team despite missed year. Room to polish overall game.

Safety (4)

Eric Weddle

Marcus Gilchrist

Jahleel Addae

Darrell Stuckey

Kicker (1)

Nick Novak

Punter (1)

Mike Scifres

Long snapper (1)

Mike Windt
                    I agree, 9 OL and 7 DL if you're keeping 2 inexperienced NTs. Guy must not be very good if he's in the same pool as Palepoi. I think they will look for an experienced DL from the final cuts.

4 TEs tells me they will be running the ball a lot.
                    Last edited by Formula 21; 08-02-2014, 03:04 PM.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

It's gonna be 9 OL and 3 TE's IMO. They can have another blocking TE (Byrne) on the practice squad for emergencies. It's not like we are gonna activate 4 TE's during games.

The OLB's will be interesting to watch in games. Gotta see Law in games to see what we really have in him.

We are not keeping 7 DL. Not gonna happen. They only activate 5 during game days. Not to mention we don't have 7 guys worth keeping.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

3 TEs and a FB or 4 TEs. It's the same thing.

And maybe Scaife has to go back to the PS to get another experienced DL on the squad.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

And if Sorenson keeps throwing high, he may be out the door too.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X