• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

For every decent FA signing like Okung or Pouncey, there's busts or semi-busts or poor ROI dudes like these:

Orlando Franklin
    Joe Barksdale
    Robert Meachem
    Derek Cox
    Marlon McCree
    Eddie Royal
    David Boston
    Lazy Gaither

One thing to beware of in FA signings is red flags. There were red flags with several of these, which were ignored. FWIW, there are some red flags with Ramsey...'nuff said...
    True.... have to weigh risk/reward.....

Heard rumor chiefs are going hard after acquiring Ramsey and are also trying to pry trent Williams away from Washington...... amazing how Chiefs and Pats have no problem addo=ing more talent if they believe art can help....... win or fail, fans at least know those teams and organizations are giving 100% effort to win it all........

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Pros: Outstanding talent. Plays a complete game, not just a cover corner will come up and support the run. A physical freak, very much like Derwin James. Does not get injured. Brings a lot of swagger and attitude to a defense. Lynn may be one of the few coaches who can tame a guy like Ramsey. A first round pick is an easy choice to trade for a player like this.

Cons: Chargers play TONS of zone. Ramsey hates it. He hated it when Gus Bradley was his head coach. Not sure he is a Bradley fan and Bradley ain't going nowhere. He has a huge payday coming. A wise team does not over invest in one area (James will need to get paid, too soon). He has attitude issues at times and shoots off his mouth and loses his cool. What kind of impact does he have on James, who seems to be a real team guy now? Does he make James into another version of himself? How many leaders on the defense is too many? Jags are not stupid. Why take a late first round pick for a superstar?

TG
      all good points except it was James who was the biggest star and leader of the secondary at Florida State when Ramsey was there...... they were teammates so maybe James can help tame Ramsey... would give us the best secondary in football once Adderly is starting..... also most defenders play zone but our CB's play man...... which is why Fayscon has been targeted so heavily....

Unfortunately Chiefs will likely end up with him....... must be nice that the NFL's best 2 coaches(reid and bellycheat) also have final say in player acquisition.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He is familiar with it.....and he does NOT like it. It's been mentioned in here a few times, is a fact. He isn't a fan of Bradley's Defense.

I'd call that a minus.
        I respectfully disagree with your take.

Context matters. It appears that when the referenced statement was made, Ramsey had just completed his rookie season under Bradley as HC. He was a frustrated 22 year old. His team had just gone 3-13. The defense was not successful. He felt that he could do more to help his team win by doing more blitzing and playing other positions. His HC (Bradley) had recently been fired.

The situation is simply different in Los Angeles with the Chargers in every way that matters. Bradley is the DC (where he has had much more success) and not the HC. The Chargers are more talented. Our secondary players do blitz and do play multiple roles at times. One of the strengths of the defense is that there are a number of players that can play multple positions. Players seem to be valued for having precisely that ability.

Ramsey is also two years older and maybe a litttle bit more grown up in his thinking.

I seriously doubt that Ramsey has communicated with anyone a lack of desire to play with the Chargers. In fact, while many trade partners could emerge for the Jaguars with respect to Ramsey, I think there is a pretty decent chance that if it were up to Ramsey, the Chargers would be his first choice of teams to join because of his friendships with James and Hayward and also because Ramsey has probably figured out that there is great positional flexibility when a team has two Swiss army knife type players that can do just about everything on any given play.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I respectfully disagree with your take.

Context matters. It appears that when the referenced statement was made, Ramsey had just completed his rookie season under Bradley as HC. He was a frustrated 22 year old. His team had just gone 3-13. The defense was not successful. He felt that he could do more to help his team win by doing more blitzing and playing other positions. His HC (Bradley) had recently been fired.

The situation is simply different in Los Angeles with the Chargers in every way that matters. Bradley is the DC (where he has had much more success) and not the HC. The Chargers are more talented. Our secondary players do blitz and do play multiple roles at times. One of the strengths of the defense is that there are a number of players that can play multple positions. Players seem to be valued for having precisely that ability.

Ramsey is also two years older and maybe a litttle bit more grown up in his thinking.

I seriously doubt that Ramsey has communicated with anyone a lack of desire to play with the Chargers. In fact, while many trade partners could emerge for the Jaguars with respect to Ramsey, I think there is a pretty decent chance that if it were up to Ramsey, the Chargers would be his first choice of teams to join because of his friendships with James and Hayward and also because Ramsey has probably figured out that there is great positional flexibility when a team has two Swiss army knife type players that can do just about everything on any given play.

The bolded certainly doesn't appear to be the case.

Comment

• UglyTruth
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2018
            • Send PM

Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
            - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
            - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
            - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
            - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
            - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
            - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The bolded certainly doesn't appear to be the case.
              It is 100% the case that he is more grown up in his thinking than he was two years ago when he was only 22. For example, he has toned down some of his bulletin board material offerings about players on other teams. That is not to suggest that I believe his thinking is fully refined, just that I can see what I would consider to be improvement in that area.

But I also think that any notion of Ramsey as some sort of "problem child" player is ridiculous. All the guy has done is play in every one of his team's games since entering the league, get named to 2 Pro Bowls and receive a First Team All-Pro nod. He is not some sort of bad actor, lockerroom cancer type player and that seems to be how some want to consider him, a conclusion which is unsupported in my opinion.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

It is 100% the case that he is more grown up in his thinking than he was two years ago when he was only 22. For example, he has toned down some of his bulletin board material offerings about players on other teams. That is not to suggest that I believe his thinking is fully refined, just that I can see what I would consider to be improvement in that area.

But I also think that any notion of Ramsey as some sort of "problem child" player is ridiculous. All the guy has done is play in every one of his team's games since entering the league, get named to 2 Pro Bowls and receive a First Team All-Pro nod. He is not some sort of bad actor, lockerroom cancer type player and that seems to be how some want to consider him, a conclusion which is unsupported in my opinion.
                Because you know him? Have you seen his actions in the field lately and his tweets? He don't seem much more grown up to me and he is only 24.

Regardless i cant see him as a guy they will pursue. You know that darn salary cap thing and the fact I don't see us giving up two high picks for him.
                It would be a shock if they did.

Comment

• Protect17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2019
                  • Send PM

Watch and see as James wants to be traded once this team never picks up the phone .The truth is this situation could save this team it's a lifeline and they would rather drown ?????? I hope not this is a game changer for the LA Chargers it puts big money in the seats and puts this team right there with the Chiefs and Patriots .I don't think we can afford a talent like this to go to the Chiefs it's a dagger in the heart to not only fans but also players .Time to put up or shut up Chargers .Do you actually want to win a Super Bowl ? Or just be struggling for wild card.....Did you know Jalen Ramsey has NEVER missed a game ????? He was passed over once by this team in favor of a player constantly injured Bosa ...he has played 13 more games than Bosa .Did you also Know Telescope went to college and is buddies with there GM ? The Chargers can make this trade easily .
                  Last edited by Protect17; 09-18-2019, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Protect17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post
                    This is pure joy !!!

Comment

• Protect17
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

If you Love this team email call do whatever you can get on local radio make it known we want this player put in some effort .

Comment

• SDBORN
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Protect17 View Post
                        Watch and see as James wants to be traded once this team never picks up the phone .The truth is this situation could save this team it's a lifeline and they would rather drown ?????? I hope not this is a game changer for the LA Chargers it puts big money in the seats and puts this team right there with the Chiefs and Patriots .I don't think we can afford a talent like this to go to the Chiefs it's a dagger in the heart to not only fans but also players .Time to put up or shut up Chargers .Do you actually want to win a Super Bowl ? Or just be struggling for wild card.....Did you know Jalen Ramsey has NEVER missed a game ????? He was passed over once by this team in favor of a player constantly injured Bosa ...he has played 13 more games than Bosa .Did you also Know Telescope went to college and is buddies with there GM ? The Chargers can make this trade easily .
                        Chiefs are one of the favorites to get Ramsey. They are all in. I wouldn't be surprised if TT didn't even pick up the phone. Would be glad to be proven wrong on this.

Comment

• Protect17
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

Chiefs are one of the favorites to get Ramsey. They are all in. I wouldn't be surprised if TT didn't even pick up the phone. Would be glad to be proven wrong on this.
                          What does that say ? Telescope went to college with there GM they are buddies .No way in Hell do you let KC get this player No way .

Comment

Working...
                          X