• Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    But to be able to, that would be cool.
    When he's had to start, he's produced the stats to demonstrate that he is able to be a 65-catch, 1000+ yard guy if he need be.
    Adipose

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      When he's had to start, he's produced the stats to demonstrate that he is able to be a 65-catch, 1000+ yard guy if he need be.
      Gotta disagree, that's better than anything Malcom Floyd has produced! He is what he is, a 5th wideout and special teamer, but that being said, great catch vs. KC, one of the more memorable plays of the season.

As far as the Bolt wideout situation is concerned, IMO, hope is that Allen continues to develop, Floyd and Royal can stay (relatively) healthy and Brown's poor showing was due to either lingering injury or a new injury and the ability he's flashed early in his career shows up consistently in games. If Tutu plays any significant amount of time, that would mean injuries to the top 4 were pretty significant.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Fantasy football indeed.
        Count the numbers of plays he's been in and how many times he's been targeted, then tell me that. Even allowing that he's not the first or second target, he just doesn't get open enough to throw to. That's what i've seen of him, plus his stats back that up.
        For him to be that kinda WR, he needs to take a couple giant leaps forward. Love to see that happen for him but it's his 5th seaaon, most likely we've seen the best he's got (3 catches, 4 targets ladt year, so I guess your prediction for him is a wee bit low going by his stats...).

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

No player on the roster will bring more to the table than Floyd will. He brings pretty much everything this offense was missing last year.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

There's not enough balls to go around.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • South Carolina
              • Meteorologist
              • Send PM

Could be even fewer then last year. I could see us run the ball a lot more, especially if the D allows us to get some early leads.

But regardless of how we end up yard wise, I think we will score a lot more points, and allow somewhat less.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

I'd prefer the team to remain balanced. Harder to game plan against.

Comment

• Maverick
                  (Coryellian)
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Point Loma
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                  That's what SHE said logo:

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                    Gotta disagree, that's better than anything Malcom Floyd has produced! He is what he is, a 5th wideout and special teamer, but that being said, great catch vs. KC, one of the more memorable plays of the season.

As far as the Bolt wideout situation is concerned, IMO, hope is that Allen continues to develop, Floyd and Royal can stay (relatively) healthy and Brown's poor showing was due to either lingering injury or a new injury and the ability he's flashed early in his career shows up consistently in games. If Tutu plays any significant amount of time, that would mean injuries to the top 4 were pretty significant.
                    I agree that it's not bloody likely, but I'm just extrapolating numbers in a Yuba-like way. When he was forced to see the field a lot due to injuries, he put up back-to-back 3- and 4-catch games for 48 and 111 yards, which averages to 56 catches and 1272 yards for a 16-game season. To me, if a guy produces when forced into a major role, it tells me he damned well is capable of a 40-catch season, which some here think he is not.

Do I think he's the type of guy who will be putting up those sorts of numbers for us? No. He is what he is, a very solid bottom-of-the-rotation WR who excels at special teams and is a good citizen and a team player. Not sure why so many people are so eager to discredit him and bump him from the roster.
                    Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Fantasy football indeed.
                      Count the numbers of plays he's been in and how many times he's been targeted, then tell me that. Even allowing that he's not the first or second target, he just doesn't get open enough to throw to. That's what i've seen of him, plus his stats back that up.
                      For him to be that kinda WR, he needs to take a couple giant leaps forward. Love to see that happen for him but it's his 5th seaaon, most likely we've seen the best he's got (3 catches, 4 targets ladt year, so I guess your prediction for him is a wee bit low going by his stats...).
                      My prediction for him? Hold on, son (I love that I'm old enough I can call someone "son" despite how old that person may actually be), I haven't predicted a damned thing. My prediction is that he will continue to be a 4th-5th WR unless there are significant injuries to the top of the depth chart.

These numbers are extrapolations based on what he has already produced. Or do we so quickly forget? Are we so short sighted that we can only remember a couple of big catches last season? Can we not remember 2010, when we were so desperate at WR that AJ tried to get QSmokey and SDfan's phone numbers??? When Seyi was forced into a major role, he responded with good numbers. 3 catches for 48 yards followed the next week by 4 catches for 111 yards. Ok, yes, to extrapolate that to the numbers I got is a bit Yuba-like, but it's a lot more realistic than your fantasy football-like expectation that the 5th WR on the depth chart should be expected to have a 40-catch season!

All I have done is demonstrate that he is indeed capable of a 40-catch season, but it sure as heck ain't gonna come when he's the 5th WR. (And as much as I like Tutu, I hope he remains our 5th WR, because I don't want the WRs ahead of him getting injured.)
                      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                        Tell that to Cromartie.
                        Adipose

Comment

• MakoShark
                          Disgruntled
                          • Jun 2013
                          • North Alabama
                          • Send PM

That's absurd. He's got a career 61% catch rate. :cmon: And that includes his career year 2010, when he missed on 10 targets.

I like the guy, but he can be replaced.
                          Last edited by MakoShark; 07-29-2014, 04:36 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X