• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Quick Start Of The Season Message About This Forum And Community

Back in 1973 or so my Great Grandfather gifted a large sum of money to the Reuben H Fleet Science Center. He had no real control or say of daily operations. It was just set up as a gift to the community so our kids and their parents could get some sort of education on space and science. Hands on. A really positive move for the city of San Diego. The center was built on his gift and named after him.

I have always sort of felt like this forum is in a way set up as a gift for Charger Fans. A few of us....Myself...Captain...and Rolling Thunder love this community and made this happen for everyone here. A Charger Forum where you dont just root for your team..but you learn about the players and the game of football. This is an educational forum in so many ways. Our gift to all of us fans. Its also about connections and relationships here. Supporting each other through to good and difficult times.

With that...nobody who is on the staff makes money. Its basically a volunteer deal to run this community. We all have lives outside of this forum. We cant dedicate all our time here moderating the forum. We miss a lot of the drama. We do the best we can though. I dont believe in large bodies of staff-members. And i especially hate a staff that thinks they are better or above anyone else. I dont feel that way and i own this forum.

I want to be like everyone else. My staff wants to be like everyone else. And thats just a Charger Fan. We dedicate as much as we can here because we love this team and we love being fans of this team. This community is filled with love and support for each other. The Mana is strong. The Mojo always works.

So as we move into the start of the season with a major influx of new family members i ask that we all support one another in trying to curb the drama. Dont just rely on staff to separate the battles. Say something if you feel like it. We are all fishing off the same boat and lines will get crossed. When that happens help us untangle the lines of chaos.

And a little bit of a warning from me personally. I am a fairly tolerant person. I do my best to practice patience and love etc. I understand the highs and lows...the emotional rollercoaster ride of being a Bolt Fan. But attacking me or my staff on this forum openly is one of my triggers. So if you can...dont do that.

Work with us. Lets all do this together. Lets try and keep the drama to a minimum. Lets keep the personal attacks to ourselves. Nobody makes money here. We do this out of love for Charger Fans. Its impossible to make everyone happy and in line but we will do the best we can. Please try and remain civil. We hate banning members. We do love to use bad words at times. We may even have younger people here and just not know it. I have the registration set to deny younger age fans. But its so easy to get around that. So watch the crazy stuff.

Ill end it with this. If you see a really out there post...a personal attack....a discussion that is going way into the warzone...just report it. Its anonymous. I dont announce who reported it. Ill do my best to resolve it. I am a fan also. I love being here. I want to talk Bolts the majority of the time and not have to stress so hard on running this forum.

Thanks to all of you for making this forum so great. We are a team. We all have different opinions. But lets remember we are all on the same team here. Bros. Friends. Fans. Lets keep it real chill. Debate. Disagree. But we dont need schoolyard tactics. Grown men can agree to disagree.

The staff here is no better than the body of this forum. We are not a gang. We are not looking for like minded members to worship us. We are you. And you are us. We bleed blue together.

Cheers to all of us. Heres to an amazing season. Win or lose we are diehards. So......
    BOLT THE HELL UP !!!!!!!
  • Sgt Schultz
    Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
    • Jun 2013
    • Palm Springs
    • I know nothing
    • Send PM

Thank you Fleet for all that you do!

Comment

• Kraig1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Kingston Pa
      • Send PM

Very good post Fleet, 100% agreed!

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Fleet your a damn good dude!

I know I couldn't be happier with TPB!!!

I enjoy the quality football takes, comradery, SUPPORT for members, witty banter, allowing members to be themselves and express there views, and our collective passion for the BOLTS!

Here's to a great season and bringing the Lombardi home!!!
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Rugger05
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Thanks for everything you do Fleet. This forum would not be the place it is currently without you and the people you mentioned. It's great having newcomers join for some fresh perspective on some things. I remember when Fleet and some other migrated over from another forum (I believe it was the ESPN forum) awhile ago. Everyone should be excited for the upcoming season.

I suggest we should have a Powder Blues meet up at the new stadium week 2 of the 2020 NFL season. I know I want to be there when the raise the Chargers 2019 Super Bowl banner at Stan's house.

Cheers everyone!

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

There is no reason ever to insult another member of this forum. We are a group of fans who are devoted the same team, but we have divergent viewpoints and we must always respect each other and recognize we don't all think alike. Respect. Respect. Respect.

Comment

I just popped in to say FUCKSHIT.

Great message, Fleet & I agree 100%!!

Let's go BOLTS!!!

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                FUCKSHIT.
                Same to you pal.

:goofylol: :cheers:

Comment

• Tol
                  From Accounting
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Carlsbad
                  • Send PM

I've long wondered if any players or media types lurk this forum. I doubt it. But it's just another one of those weird reasons why I try to post as cordial as possible. Also I'm too old to be beefing. Got that out of my system when both the internet and I were very young.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
                    I've long wondered if any players or media types lurk this forum. I doubt it. But it's just another one of those weird reasons why I try to post as cordial as possible. Also I'm too old to be beefing. Got that out of my system when both the internet and I were very young.
                    Media types yes. Players parents yes. We have an Olympic Sprinter. There are some other quite famous people here outside of football. A healthy but very quiet spec ops community. A few CIA guys. lol.

Large corporation owners. Internet company owners. Doctors. Lawyers. Politicians.

I love em all. And would do anything for any member here. Cheers Tol. Im glad you are here.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Wait a minute ... you're THAT Fleet, from the Reuben H clan and co? Whoa, thats very cool. Right on, bro! I always just figured you were ex-navy lol. You're a good man, i appreciate you tolerating me
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                        Wait a minute ... you're THAT Fleet, from the Reuben H clan and co? Whoa, thats very cool. Right on, bro! I always just figured you were ex-navy lol. You're a good man, i appreciate you tolerating me
                        Consolidated Catalina.
                        B-24 Liberator.
                        FTW.

Why we don't speak
                        Japanese or German
                        as our first language.

See Battle of Midway.
                        See WW II European Theater.
                        Last edited by wu-dai clan; 08-30-2019, 06:13 PM. Reason: More detail about Fleet's Grandfather's pivotal role in American History !!!
                        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                        X