Chargers at Niners Game Day Thread (Preseason #4)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
    Tillery looked just like another guy tonight.
    Wasn't that the knock on him coming out of college. Plays big some games and then Some games disappears. Hopefully he gets more consistency.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Adderley was everything I hoped for. Imagine when he has some time in our system lining up to a healthy James.
      Just gotta stay healthy.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        Oh, one last thing. I laughed at TT's aww shucks faux humble comment about solving the MG issue when he said (paraphrasing) "not only what he means to the team, but what he means to the organization".

Uh ... ? Does he help with logistics scheduling? Lease renegotiations? cook team meals? Media editing? Wash and fold unis? ... yeah, cute GM speak but MG means nothing to the organization beyond what he means to the team. He's player meat, like every player in the league.
        TT has better tact than AJ that's for sure.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

He looks like he missed part of training camp. I suspect that he'll be part of a rotation initially.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Wasn't that the knock on him coming out of college. Plays big some games and then Some games disappears. Hopefully he gets more consistency.
            From my understanding, he disappeared because he was playing with a torn labrum after the Stanford game. But yes hoping for more consistency too.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

We move our Dlinemen around and rotate them in and out. Tillery enhances our group at several positions, 1TECH, 3TECH, 4TECH. Justin Jones is ready to rock too.

I am still arm wrestling with myself re McGill vs Square and Peace vs Lanier.

Ah fudge. Go with 2 QBs and keep everyone.

Jerry is gonna be right there, often enough...maybe 2/3 of our snaps.
              Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Indeed.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                  Pretty much retired......
                  • Sep 2018
                  • JoJa
                  • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                  • Send PM

Oh, one last thing. I laughed at TT's aww shucks faux humble comment about solving the MG issue when he said (paraphrasing) "not only what he means to the team, but what he means to the organization".

Uh ... ? Does he help with logistics scheduling? Lease renegotiations? cook team meals? Media editing? Wash and fold unis? ... yeah, cute GM speak but MG means nothing to the organization beyond what he means to the team. He's player meat, like every player in the league.
                  My take it that "Team" refers to what happens on the field. "Organization" talks about the person and character off of it.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      We move our Dlinemen around and rotate them in and out. Tillery enhances our group at several positions, 1TECH, 3TECH, 4TECH. Justin Jones is ready to rock too.

I am still arm wrestling with myself re McGill vs Square and Peace vs Lanier.

Ah fudge. Go with 2 QBs and keep everyone.

Jerry is gonna be right there, often enough...maybe 2/3 of our snaps.
                      Cut Stick (ps), trade Jones for an OT.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Its interesting how many here are "sad" that Cardale is playing so much better than last year PS. Given AL's fascination with him, i think thats a good thing. I haven't yet watched Stick's 2nd half, i'll Run the DVR tonight after work to check him out, sounds like he puckered into a prune. Ironically the QB3 contest, while fun for us all, was the least important position competition on the entire team. Who cares which is QB3, really? Neither will ever play a single snap, odds are good he will never even be active. Next year is for kids dreams, we have 2019 football to play here.

I did see Adderly's first drop before I cut it last night, he showed great instinct and cover moves to get over there in perfect position, then ...right thru his hands. Agree it looked like nerves, thats ok. Love what i read about his 2nd half - look forward to seeing that tonight.

... think i'll Actually watch the full game before i guess more ...
                        I think the "sadness" is that most here just do not believe in him and think we would be wasting a roster spot and yet more time on a guy who isn't the long term answer. We hoped that Stick would show enough to end the Jones experiment and possibly be that guy, but clearly he is not ready. I suspect he does not have any trouble passing waivers and ends up on the PS.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

I think we should wait to see what he looks like when he is playing next to Bosa and Ingram. If he is still another guy after mid season then that is something. But its preseason and I don't want to get too high and too low. If we went by preseason then Jones would be a hell of a starting QB but we know that is not the case.

Comment

Working...
                          X