• Show
Clear All
  • La Costa Boy
    Pretty much retired......
    • Sep 2018
    • JoJa
    • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
    • Send PM

Okay, i was not able to watch much of the game at all. Did Teamer play? How about Nasir?

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
      Okay, i was not able to watch much of the game at all. Did Teamer play? How about Nasir?
      Not that I saw. Adderley for sure didn't.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I don't like Wilson in coverage--seen him get burned a lot.
        Can't see him on the 53 unless there's an injury. And even then, why?

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
          Puff Adder is still nursing an injury...Teamer--I'm guessing the Bolts are trying to hide him and stash him on PS...which would be a big mistake...
          Last edited by Topcat; 08-26-2019, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

If Jatavis and Square do not make the cut, I see 10 DL, 6 LBs, 10 DBs on the 53 w/both Lanier & Peace making it.
            Good call, Ninja. Cut Brown, Square, Facyson and Dzoobie and keep Peace, Lanier, Tranquill, and Teamer...there--we just upgraded big time, with the newbies having a ton of upside...
            Last edited by Topcat; 08-26-2019, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Good call, Ninja. Cut Brown, Square, Facyson and Dzoobie and keep Peace, Lanier, Tranquill, and Teamer...there--we just upgraded big time, with the newbies having a ton of upside...
              Facyson will make the 53. 5 CB & 5 DS to include Teamer & Facyson.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Facyson will make the 53. 5 CB & 5 DS to include Teamer & Facyson.
                Facyson makes a lot of mistakes, but we'll see...

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Not getting the Facyson love.

Comment

• Tol
                    From Accounting
                    • Mar 2019
                    • Carlsbad
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                    Not getting the Facyson love.
                    He was projected to be a 3rd day pick, rounds 5-6. So it was a nice post draft grab.

SPOILERPlayer Bio
                    It seems as though Facyson has been a Hokie for a decade. The Georgia High School All-Region corner came to Blacksburg a semester early (January 2013) and made an instant impression. He was the team's top defensive newcomer in spring practice, and then excelled as a true freshman. Facyson was a third-team All-ACC pick by league media and earned some Freshman All-American notice by starting nine of 12 games played, intercepting five passes, and breaking up eight others. The following spring, however, he had a stress reaction in his left leg which required a bone graft. He started three games in 2014, but aggravated the leg injury, missing the final nine games. Facyson also broke his leg in a December practice which required surgery. Somehow, he returned to start 10 of 12 games played in 2015, making 27 tackles, breaking up 10 passes. Facyson seemed healthier in his junior season, using his size and length to play with physicality (48 tackles, four for loss) and consistently knock away passes (11) while starting all 14 games. He started 11-of-13 games played in 2017, posting 19 tackles, two for loss, and five pass breakups

Overview
                    Facyson has terrific size and length and has tape in his background that shows off his disruptive play when his coverage is good. He struggles to stay in phase with complex routes and needs help over the top against speed. Facyson is scheme dependent and may need to be paired with a team looking for a press-and-trial or cover-two cornerback. Facyson's size could push him up the draft board by a round and he has a chance to become an eventual starter if he lands with the right fit.

Strengths
                    • Excellent size and arm length
                    • Crowds possession receivers deterring quarterbacks from looking his way
                    • Is long enough to challenge catch points without running through wide receiver
                    • Virginia Tech's all-time leader in passes defensed
                    • Consistently challenges throws with play-side hand and operates with good timing
                    • Able to sink into receivers along the boundary and disrupt 50-50 balls
                    • Extremely mature and responsible and well-liked by coaches and teammates in his locker room
                    • Quick to digest information
                    • Has experience in a variety of techniques and coverage
                    • Able tackler who is reliable along the edge in run support
                    Sources Tell Us
                    "He's tall, he can challenge the catch, he's smart and he's a great teammate. I just see him as really limited. I'm interested to see how he runs because I thought he looked slow this year but he ran pretty well with (James) Washington on deep route and Washington can run." -- former NFL defensive backs coach

I liked that he was "Virginia Tech's all-time leader in passes defensed," that he's "Extremely mature and responsible and well-liked by coaches and teammates in his locker room," because teams can often miss draft on character not talent, and lastly he did have a pick in one of last years preseason games. When I do see him playing, he's often in tight coverage. Trevor Williams was a UDFA in 2016, Mike Davis was a UDFA in 2017, Facyson was a UDFA in 2018... until we spend high draft capital on a CB, UDFA CB's are sort of our thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X