• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Electric Chicken
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Ummmm, I Think It May Be Time To Sign Gordon,,,,,,

I was 1 that said trade Gordon we don't need him,,,,,, But given all the injuries that are mounting up it just seems like we are lacking a little fizzle,,,, riding around on a flat tire. Im not saying break the bank on MG but 12 mill would be ok with me,,,,,, besides,,,, our run game is not looking 2 good as of this moment . I think we need a MG jolt?
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post
    I was 1 that said trade Gordon we don't need him,,,,,, But given all the injuries that are mounting up it just seems like we are lacking a little fizzle,,,, riding around on a flat tire. Im not saying break the bank on MG but 12 mill would be ok with me,,,,,, besides,,,, our run game is not looking 2 good as of this moment . I think we need a MG jolt?
    No time to panic here. JJ and Ekkie will be fine, especially once we get our starting O-line with Pouncey in there. Scott - Lamp - Pouncey - Scho or Feeney - Tevi gives us our best chance. TT made a generous offer to MG3...not a time to wimp out and sound like a cash register, especially when we have some big time extensions coming up...

Comment

• Electric Chicken
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

No time to panic here. JJ and Ekkie will be fine, especially once we get our starting O-line with Pouncey in there. Scott - Lamp - Pouncey - Scho or Feeney - Tevi gives us our best chance. TT made a generous offer to MG3...not a time to wimp out and sound like a cash register, especially when we have some big time extensions coming up...
      Melvin Gordon Football GIF by Los Angeles Chargers

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

$12mil per year for a dude who has only eclipsed 1k yards rushing once and also has just 1 full season played in 4 years? Fuck.That.Shit.

:what:

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Since Gordon will have the same room (or lack thereof) to run through as our current backs, I'm not sure he is going to to make much difference. If anything, I would consider rescinding the offer if we could somehow trade for Williams from the Redskins and use that money on a contract for him.

Comment

• Electric Chicken
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
            Since Gordon will have the same room (or lack thereof) to run through as our current backs, I'm not sure he is going to to make much difference. If anything, I would consider rescinding the offer if we could somehow trade for Williams from the Redskins and use that money on a contract for him.
            That's why we need Gordon,,, because he runs over people when there is no holes,,,, or go out and find a running back with some meat on the bone because we are gonna need it with this O_LINE !!!!

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post
              $12mil per year for a dude who has only eclipsed 1k yards rushing once and also has just 1 full season played in 4 years? Fuck.That.Shit.

:what:
              I wish I could like your post more than once. Absolutely no friggin way do I extend Gordon for 12MM....I wouldn't have even offered 10MM. Very good receiver, has fixed fumblitis, but 1 year over 4 ypc and 1k, and durability questions does not equate to 12MM per year regardless of what he th8nks about his "greatness" and the value will of his position .

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Electric Chicken View Post

That's why we need Gordon,,, because he runs over people when there is no holes,,,, or go out and find a running back with some meat on the bone because we are gonna need it with this O_LINE !!!!
                Get some blockers out in front on the outside, and JJ will be fine. Like THIS:

Comment

• Flchargersfan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Jackson has a better burst than Gordon and may be the better back overall.. At this point I would Trade Gordon for any serviceable LT

Comment

• Budsman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                    Exactly this.

Get a tackle who can block for Eck and JJ and we don't need Melvin, he's a luxury and we have people to pay who are needs.

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I wish I could like your post more than once. Absolutely no friggin way do I extend Gordon for 12MM....I wouldn't have even offered 10MM. Very good receiver, has fixed fumblitis, but 1 year over 4 ypc and 1k, and durability questions does not equate to 12MM per year regardless of what he th8nks about his "greatness" and the value will of his position .
                      Yes, his "greatness" was so game changing that we lost 1/3 of the games he did play in and won all 4 he didn't. :dunno: He's a solid player, but hardly a foundational piece.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

MG needs blockers more than Eck or JJ.

Comment

Working...
                        X