• Show
Clear All
  • Sgt Schultz
    Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
    • Jun 2013
    • Palm Springs
    • I know nothing
    • Send PM

I think Gordon reports by the Wednesday deadline.

Comment

• JOJAX85
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2018
      • Irmo, SC
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post
      I think Gordon reports by the Wednesday deadline.
      Via excepting what's on the table or betting on himself & playing out his contract for FA next year?

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Depends. If he reports, his knee is okay. If he continues to hold out, his knee is jello. It's all about his knee IMO.

Comment

• boldarblood
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

They have offered more than a fair deal. He really only outplayed his rookie pay in his last season and was injured when it counted. Does he give refunds for his rookie season too? 3.5 pc, 0td, and 10 fumbles (5 lost).
          For his rookie year, Melvin Gordon was given only 1 touch inside the 5-yard line and only 5 inside the 10. 6 touches all year within 10 yards. He was not being used to score touchdowns.

Now his fumbles were definitely a problem. Perhaps playing nervous due to being pulled at the goal line. Or he just sucked lol.

I give him a small pass for lack of TDs that year rushing,

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by boldarblood View Post

For his rookie year, Melvin Gordon was given only 1 touch inside the 5-yard line and only 5 inside the 10. 6 touches all year within 10 yards. He was not being used to score touchdowns.

Now his fumbles were definitely a problem. Perhaps playing nervous due to being pulled at the goal line. Or he just sucked lol.

I give him a small pass for lack of TDs that year rushing,

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...ne-rushing.htm
            Exactly illustrates my point about people doing the reverse and talking up all his tds since then. A lot of opportunities. IMO, he had been a far better receiver than runner prior to last season. Any way you slice it his rookie year was not very good at all.

Comment

• boldarblood
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Exactly illustrates my point about people doing the reverse and talking up all his tds since then. A lot of opportunities. IMO, he had been a far better receiver than runner prior to last season. Any way you slice it his rookie year was not very good at all.
              Went 4th, 3rd and 25th red zone touches after rookie year just for clarifications.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                • Jun 2013
                • Palm Springs
                • I know nothing
                • Send PM

I think trading him is the dumbest thing the Chargers could do. Bosa would follow suit and the floodgates would op en

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post
                  I think trading him is the dumbest thing the Chargers could do. Bosa would follow suit and the floodgates would op en
                  I think if we pay MG3 between $13-$15 mil, THAT is the dumbest thing the Bolts could do. Bosa would follow suit all right...he would DEMAND Mack/Donald $$$, and might even pull a Gordon special and sit out his 5th year...yep, the floodgates sure would open...then KA and Mike Will follow suit...and others...

PS: If Bosa puts up big numbers and plays at least 14 games, he has a LOT more leverage than MG3...but I sure wouldn't like to see this "last year holdout" become a "thing"...
                  Last edited by Topcat; 08-26-2019, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Sgt Schultz
                    Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Palm Springs
                    • I know nothing
                    • Send PM

I agree... Second dumbest then.

Comment

• Big Dog
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      The ESPN experts have Melvin Gordon ranked as the 60th best player in football.

He is @ #28 in earnings amongst RBs.

Pay da man ?
                      Not true.

Even at $5.6 million, he is 10th highest paid RB not 28th ... and at $10 million he would be 4th highest RB and there are 6-7 RB who are better than him. Elliot, Barkley, Bell, Gurley, McCaffery, Johnson, Kamara are all better than him ..,

PS - something may be wrong with his knee cartilage and maybe that is why he is holding out.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post

Not true.

Even at $5.6 million, he is 10th highest paid RB not 28th ... and at $10 million he would be 4th highest RB and there are 6-7 RB who are better than him. Elliot, Barkley, Bell, Gurley, McCaffery, Johnson, Kamara are all better than him ..,

PS - something may be wrong with his knee cartilage and maybe that is why he is holding out.
                        The numbers I referenced were taken from that same source. They used career earnings by number of years played.

By no means am I saying we should forget cap health and pay Gordon. However there are some aspects to Gordon's production that fall in the elite category.

"Pay da man ? "
                        Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                        X