• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
    Maybe we should be drafting a OT with the 1st pick.
    Simmons or leverage Simmons to trade back for OT

thats how I view it. And I think with AZ bringing back Humphries, they probably go with the Auburn DT - so that might remove them. What team after the Bolts pick. I can see the Panthers wanting to get Simmons to replace Kuechly. But they also could use Derrick Brown from Auburn. Arizona might want to jump Carolina to get Simmons or Brown too.

I think the idea of Simmons with Bosa and James is tantalizing. I really do think that Telesco has to fix the OL enough - to allow for BPA and not need. Simmons is dynamic - the defense needs a playmaker at the linebacker level.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

thats how I view it. And I think with AZ bringing back Humphries, they probably go with the Auburn DT - so that might remove them. What team after the Bolts pick. I can see the Panthers wanting to get Simmons to replace Kuechly. But they also could use Derrick Brown from Auburn. Arizona might want to jump Carolina to get Simmons or Brown too.

I think the idea of Simmons with Bosa and James is tantalizing. I really do think that Telesco has to fix the OL enough - to allow for BPA and not need. Simmons is dynamic - the defense needs a playmaker at the linebacker level.
      Isaiah is truly an ELITE IMPACT prospect that has no real NFL comparison.
      I’ll use the American Pickers line.....when you find something you’ve never seen before BUY IT!
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

? You may be able to make a run with Tyrod and his low ceiling if you have a health D with Bosa, Ingram, Simmons, Tranquill, James, Hayward, and Adderly live up to his draft potential that D would keep you in games and probably win you some games.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Isaiah is truly an ELITE IMPACT prospect that has no real NFL comparison.
          I’ll use the American Pickers line.....when you find something you’ve never seen before BUY IT!
          Hence, its why Telesco really needs to fortify the OL with free agency and if Simmons is on the board - run to the board with the pick. Sprint and not like Rich Eisen.

As like you and OhioBolt - the defense with a player like Simmons would be elite talent for other teams to contend with. How do you beat Mahomes? Not out scoring him. Stopping him from scoring. So OL for ball control and defense.

Comment

• Silversurfer
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Los Angeles
            • Send PM

Would absolutely love Simmons on our defense. Watched him single handedly wreck games, in the bowl game everytime the play went to his side he was involved in the tackle or disrupting the play.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Telesco may not like to be a player in free agency but if you wait for the draft - it might mean "filling need" over best player. So, even if Okung and Pouncey are back - he needs to sign somebody and Schofield doesn't count. Needs to sign him too. Now if Okung &/or Pouncey are not back - that would meaning signing two more players in free agency. Granted Scott Q did pretty well at OC so they could get a cheaper veteran swing backup if need be. But Telesco needs to go for it with a really solid front line free agent.

If Okung is not back - he has 13m extra. If Pouncey is not back - thats another 5m. So, easily can get like Fant and Glasgow if he is willing to spend the damn money

Than he draft Simmons!!

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Hence, its why Telesco really needs to fortify the OL with free agency and if Simmons is on the board - run to the board with the pick. Sprint and not like Rich Eisen.

As like you and OhioBolt - the defense with a player like Simmons would be elite talent for other teams to contend with. How do you beat Mahomes? Not out scoring him. Stopping him from scoring. So OL for ball control and defense.
                Simmons, especially teamed up with Derwin, will help take away the short pass. So, we will also need a shutdown corner, in case Mahomes looks short, sees Simmons and Derwin & Co. have the flats covered, then tries to chuck the rock long to Hill, we need a CB who can man up on Hill and take away that threat as well...

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                  French Speaking Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Québec city
                  • Send PM

I would not be disappointing with Simmons at 6 but...
                  You must fix that OL
                  If Okung is not in shape, Pigskins is not ready for LT duty.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                    I would not be disappointing with Simmons at 6 but...
                    You must fix that OL
                    If Okung is not in shape, Pigskins is not ready for LT duty.

I don't disagree with you. Thats why the idea of leveraging Simmons at 6 - the first give go something like this: Barrow, Young, Tua, Okudah and Herbert - the Bolts could leverage the hell out of Simmons to those teams 8-11 or so. Who knows, even the Panthers. Maybe a team wants the Auburn DT Brown - the Cardinals probably want him. Maybe the Panthers want Simmons and there is competition

Pragmatically - OL is first. But ask me after free agency too

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

I don't disagree with you. Thats why the idea of leveraging Simmons at 6 - the first give go something like this: Barrow, Young, Tua, Okudah and Herbert - the Bolts could leverage the hell out of Simmons to those teams 8-11 or so. Who knows, even the Panthers. Maybe a team wants the Auburn DT Brown - the Cardinals probably want him. Maybe the Panthers want Simmons and there is competition

If Simmons is there, I'd rather pick him. If not, and the big 3 QB's are gone, maybe a trade down to #9 or so and still get one of those top shelf OT's. What we DON'T want to do is pass on picking a true blue-chipper like Simmons for a couple of guys like Tillery and Adderley--two dudes with big question marks even BEFORE the draft, and are STILL question marks...
                      Last edited by Topcat; 02-22-2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Those kinda trades won’t happen, if 3 QBs go like that any pick in the top 8-12 is gonna be awesome, why trade?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If Simmons is there, I'd rather pick him. If not, and the big 3 QB's are gone, maybe a trade down to #9 or so and still get one of those top shelf OT's. What we DON'T want to do is pass on picking a true blue-chipper like Simmons for a couple of guys like Tillery and Adderley--two dudes with big question marks even BEFORE the draft, and are STILL question marks...
                          You don't draft for need picking 6th - unless its like QB - but that QB also have to be the RIGHT pick and not just QB.

I know Telesco likes to build through the draft but he might be forced to use Free Agency to rebuild the OL - especially if Okung or Pouncey do not come back; and somebody might pay Schofield.

But if he does not pick Simmons to take OT -- thats not bad as its a need. Just make sure the OT fits the sixth pick. Hence the idea of trading back a few spots if some team really wants a player and the Chargers can get more picks.

Comment

Working...
                          X