• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There was a recent article on Okung and his health scare where he said it was important for him mentally to come back this year, but he has not even thought about whether or not he will want to continue playing past this season or to spend the time with his family. I would not say his return is a given at all.

No idea what to think of Pouncey’s return since they never really said what exactly his neck injury was or if it was realistic for him to return.
    Sounds to me like Russell is negotiating a contract extension.
    Get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

so far a bit of a whiff on his D picks. Tranq is a gun - i like him. I think Adderly will become a great centerfielding FS - if he shakes the injury bug. Tillery is tbd - not unusual for an interior DT to take a year+ to excel in the NFL but we have to wait to see if he's the deal or not.

Offense needs OL, speed WR, another TE? RB though I think you can (and should) find RBs without using a high pick. The difference in RB by round doesnt equate to team performance if OL isn't any good.

oh, we need a QB too
      good to see you again Dmac (I have been locked out of UT forums for months )

I think the Chargers need DT and OL. Yes, they need speed at WR, and another TE. I think there will be turnover at the LB position. I hope Tillery, Adderley and Pipkins mature. But I think Telesco needs to really fortify the OL and DT in the draft and maybe the second wave of free agency. I know the team will finish 5-11 - but in 20018 they were 12-4. NFL is about those close games and one year they got an A; the next year an F. But it starts up front, start to dominate at the lines of scrimmage and if some other positions are filled with veterans on one year deals (LB, TE) - I am good with that.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post
          final question: will qberry be our c of the future or just serviceable now?
          Q is good as a rookie who was thrown to the wolves. I expect him to improve into a solid starter at C ( i doubt Pouncey returns, neck injury is too scary)
          if by some miracle Pouncey is cleared to play then Q moves to RG and the whole line improves

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Had this move in my early offseason plan.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• MasterOfPuppets
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Tijuana
              • Send PM

So your OL Improvement plan, similar To Topcat above you is replay the 2019 plan again in 2020, adding just one RT?
              first, he said 1 or 2 in the draft PLUS a FA, so your math skills are not very good, second, there is an assumption that Okung will be healthy and Pipkins and Qberry will improve, third, I like the idea of bringing in another OL coach, fourth, maybe Lamp stays healthy and can be decent

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

What about his game makes you think he will be a good guard? This is not a smart ass question...I really would like to hear yours and others observations to back this up. What does he do well? What did he do poorly that made him a bad tackle, but possibly a good guard?

If his biggest issue was getting beaten by speed on the outside...but he run blocks well, anchors against bull rush, and is acceptable on inside moves...I mean, if it's all about heavy feet and a slow kick slide, sure...that might be a good spot for him. But I would still rather see Brandon Scherrf replace Schofield, or even Qberry if Pouncey comes back...but by all means, bring him back in camp and make him earn a spot...maybe he can make it at guard.
                Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Good lord! Why is he throwing this idea out there? Probably hasn't played inside since high school.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

What about his game makes you think he will be a good guard? This is not a smart ass question...I really would like to hear yours and others observations to back this up. What does he do well? What did he do poorly that made him a bad tackle, but possibly a good guard?

If his biggest issue was getting beaten by speed on the outside...but he run blocks well, anchors against bull rush, and is acceptable on inside moves...I mean, if it's all about heavy feet and a slow kick slide, sure...that might be a good spot for him. But I would still rather see Brandon Scherrf replace Schofield, or even Qberry if Pouncey comes back...but by all means, bring him back in camp and make him earn a spot...maybe he can make it at guard.
                    Wide alignment, upfield speed is one of TScott’s issues. His kickslide mechanics are good but not quick enough. His handstrike placement is inconsistent. Both of these issues will be dramatically minimized by moving to guard. Trent has power through his hips to produce excellent drive power, is a consistently excellent downblocker, and has the ability to drop anchor and stop bullrushes.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

So your OL Improvement plan, similar To Topcat above you is replay the 2019 plan again in 2020, adding just one RT?
                      Remember, I want a total of THREE O linemen--draft an OT and IOL, and sign one FA OT...Let them duke it all out in TC and let the cream rise to the top...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Good lord! Why is he throwing this idea out there? Probably hasn't played inside since high school.
                        Well, it's obvious Scott can't cut the mustard at tackle, so makes sense to at least try him out at G in TC...line 'em all up and see who comes out on top...

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Apparently, Lynn has been reading your posts...

Comment

Working...
                          X