• Show
Clear All
  • NoMoreChillies
    Outback Goon
    • Sep 2018
    • Australia
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

so you don't see Pipkins @LT, nor Tevi as any longterm option/solution @RT ?? and Toner, Groy, Qberry.... no real future w/the Chargers, and don't see any of 'em better @the OC, and the line benefitting by trying out Feeney (back) @RG ??

Tyree St. Louis, Storm Norton.... nothin' there either ??
    Pipkins could be, but he still struggling at RT and hasnt played much LT
    I said Tevi was ok. Not superstar. Could be long term if he improves as much next year as he did this year
    Toner + Groy + Qberry havent played enough for me to have an opinion. Backups are backups (i wanted Qberry to be good for the record)
    St.Louis no
    Norton no idea

I'd take Sewell in a heartbeat

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Send PM

No one currently active on this offensive line is worth a nickel. They're truly offensive as they currently stand, and wouldn't start for any other team. However, I do believe with Turner, Bulaga and Pouncy on this line healthy and active, we'd be world beaters. As it is now, I'm longing for the days of Mruczkowski, Dombrowski and Clary starting.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
        No one currently active on this offensive line is worth a nickel. They're truly offensive as they currently stand, and wouldn't start for any other team. However, I do believe with Turner, Bulaga and Pouncy on this line healthy and active, we'd be world beaters. As it is now, I'm longing for the days of Mruczkowski, Dombrowski and Clary starting.
        Disagree with your assessment.
        Tevi, Lamp, and Feeney have all played well this season.
        Turner and Bulaga, as it stand now, have been a waste of CAP space.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Disagree with your assessment.
          Tevi, Lamp, and Feeney have all played well this season.
          Turner and Bulaga, as it stand now, have been a waste of CAP space.
          I suppose you can say they have performed well, but the question is, relative to what? Yes, they're all serviceable, but it's not like we have any other choice but to start the aforementioned players. I can give you Tevi as one that has overperformed and has done his job admirably given the challenge of the position he's playing, but it's not like we can say that Tevi, Feeny, Quessenberry are pro bowl caliber talent or that they have the potential to be based on their current play. Lamp may have had that all-star potential, but I think his injuries broke him mentally.

I guess an interesting hypothetical would be to send Lamp, Feeny and Tevi to New England and see how their roles are defined under Belichick's regime. I could just be wrong about their talent level and potential, since this is the Chargers and offensive line development seems to be our Achilles for the past decade.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              See signature.
              Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

I suppose you can say they have performed well, but the question is, relative to what? Yes, they're all serviceable, but it's not like we have any other choice but to start the aforementioned players. I can give you Tevi as one that has overperformed and has done his job admirably given the challenge of the position he's playing, but it's not like we can say that Tevi, Feeny, Quessenberry are pro bowl caliber talent or that they have the potential to be based on their current play. Lamp may have had that all-star potential, but I think his injuries broke him mentally.

I guess an interesting hypothetical would be to send Lamp, Feeny and Tevi to New England and see how their roles are defined under Belichick's regime. I could just be wrong about their talent level and potential, since this is the Chargers and offensive line development seems to be our Achilles for the past decade.
                Serious question.
                What do you expect the evolution of the Campen Oline to look like ?
                Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Looks like Feeney & Lamp are becoming decent starters. Tevi & Pipkins are improving. Toner has been surprisingly good depth. It's a work in progress. Getting a top prospect may just move the OL into better than NFL avg - under a decent HC / OC.

Comment

• eaterfan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2020
                    • Send PM

Are people watching the same game I am?

The team had to abandon its offense because pass protection was so bad last week. The team has one of the highest rates of allowing pressure in the whole league and has some of the lowest pass block win rates and run block win rates, too. You can argue with PFF grades. They can be a little subjective, but these numbers are certainly more objective. Maybe the guys are improving, but to me it's not worth it.

I think we saw how the pass rush effected Herbert last week. Let's make sure that is an aberration and not a pattern going forward. Get this guy the OL he deserves so he doesn't become the next David Carr or Andrew Luck. If the defense is bad next year because we devoted too many draft resources to the OL, then we can spend more in 2022. If the OL stinks because we didn't devote enough resources in it, we may ruin Herbert's health or confidence in a way he'll never recover.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

I know this - whether its Telesco or the new GM - the Chargers have four picks in the first three rounds - I think at least a 1st or 2nd need to be OL and one of the thirds. Period. I am a BPA guy - but this year, and I don't mean reaching for an OT that is ranked 15th on your board picking top 5. But all things equal, I want an OT and more OL depth. The more the better. If Toner and Tevi are your back-ups next year, that is a better OL to me. Enough is enough

Herbert, Ekeler, and Keenan Allen are signed for the next 4, 3 and 4 years respectively
                      Mike Williams is back for one more year
                      Hunter Henry - who knows (but we don't have to worry about 5/50 anymore, maybe 3/25 now) --
                      Josh Kelley and maybe Ballage as back up RBs
                      Parham might be another TE option

So you have the skill - get the damn bulk up front

I know they need Edge and CB - but don't get cute. Build the damn OL

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Keep what we got and draft for depth. As shown we need more bullets in our clip!
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

If you take for example the game in Miami, I think the OL did a pretty good job against one of the best DL.
                          If you compare to others units.
                          The DL of the Chargers sucks. The DBs were unable to grab a ball.
                          When you have a blocked punt, what are your chance to win ?

Comment

Working...
                          X