• Show
Clear All
  • BlazingBolt
    SLAM DUNK!
    • Jun 2013
    • East County San Diego
    • Bolt fanatic
    • Send PM

Hopefully he wants to stay in the Division and get revenge on KC and help take down Denver.

I hope we can sign him.
    migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Sign him and what was one of the worst secondaries in the league could turn out to be a very solid to very good secondary.

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        Sign him and what was one of the worst secondaries in the league could turn out to be a very solid to very good secondary.
        Flowers is that good?

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
          Everything I read says he's now a nickle back. No way I'm paying him anything near what he's getting now. Bring him in, give him a low to mid value one year contract and let him rebuild his career here.
          That is just how KC used him because their scheme needs more physical and be able to run better. Guys who are going to be bump and run man corners in scheme that don't give as much deep help are going to need bigger more physical S who can run deep.

I would have a hard time believing we would have any interest in him except as a starter. And since we play a mix of man off, zone, and a little bit of press, I don't think he is going to have a problem still being a starter. Flowers is still easily the best CB in the division, and really on the Broncos have anyone that is that close (maybe Verrett too).

I expect that Flowers would start on one side, and Wright and Vernett battling it out for the other, with Williams and Gilchrist competing for nickle/dime spots, along with Stuckey.

Comment

Apparently Elway told his agent not to let him sign anything without talking to him first.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
              @RapSheet: In veteran free agent news, the #Chargers are hosting CB Brandon Flowers on a visit today, source says. I believe it’s his first one.

Boom!! Telesco doing work. Don't let him out of the building without signing a contract!!!!

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Chargers are hosting free agent CB Brandon Flowers for a visit on Wednesday.
              The Chargers know Flowers well after he spent the first six seasons of his career in the AFC West with the Chiefs. Flowers was released last Friday. The Bolts have one of the shallowest cornerback depth charts in the league. Shareece Wright is the No. 1 by default. GM Tom Telesco used the 25th pick of last month's draft on CB Jason Verrett. Veteran Richard Marshall is also in the mix. Flowers could immediately step in and be DC John Pagano's top corner.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                That is just how KC used him because their scheme needs more physical and be able to run better. Guys who are going to be bump and run man corners in scheme that don't give as much deep help are going to need bigger more physical S who can run deep.

I would have a hard time believing we would have any interest in him except as a starter. And since we play a mix of man off, zone, and a little bit of press, I don't think he is going to have a problem still being a starter. Flowers is still easily the best CB in the division, and really on the Broncos have anyone that is that close (maybe Verrett too).

I expect that Flowers would start on one side, and Wright and Vernett battling it out for the other, with Williams and Gilchrist competing for nickle/dime spots, along with Stuckey.
                You must not be very high on Wright if you have Verrett battling him for a starter's spot.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 11m
                  Flowers has no other visits scheduled yet. Will re-evaluate the situation and whether to take more after spending time with the Chargers

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 14m
                  Free agent CB Brandon Flowers not negotiating w/teams yet. Will spend the next 2 days in SD. BAL, PIT, MIN among those monitoring closely

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                    You must not be very high on Wright if you have Verrett battling him for a starter's spot.
                    I'm high. Was Wright so good last year we think the top pick isn't even worthy of competing for his job?

Comment

• Maverick
                      (Coryellian)
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Point Loma
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                      Like you said, he has a history of solid performance, his height hasn't really been an issue and I think Shareece Wright is 5'11", not 5'9". Definitely hoping we sign Flowers, was really surprised he was released.
                      I too was assuming Verrett would be one of the starters....but yes, there's always Wright.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Whoa. Sounds like if the money works for both sides, we got him.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                          Whoa. Sounds like if the money works for both sides, we got him.
                          So youre saying theres a chance

Comment

Working...
                          X