Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
    Teams with the fewest morals tend to be the most successful.
    Look at who is coaching the Squawks. Dude cheated his way to some National Titles in college, then dipped out and let USC's program suffer.
    Who won the Super Bowl the year before? Ray Lewis, the guy who, at the very least, tried to cover up a murder.
    The year before that? The Giants. Fuck Eli Manning.
    Before that, the Stillers. The QB may or may not be a rapist. The coach cares so much about rules, he walked on the field to trip an opposing ball carrier.
    Before that, the Saints. Were so immoral, their coach got banned from football for a year.
    Before that, the Stillers. Game winning out-of-bounds catch made by Santonio Holmes and thrown by Ben Rothlisberger - both have questionable morals.
    Before that, the Colts. Dungy. The last good guy to win anything. Too bad a Manning had to be involved.
    Don't forget Marvin Harrison was on that Colts team.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Look at who is coaching the Squawks. Dude cheated his way to some National Titles in college, then dipped out and let USC's program suffer.
      Who won the Super Bowl the year before? Ray Lewis, the guy who, at the very least, tried to cover up a murder.
      Before that, the Stillers. The QB may or may not be a rapist. The coach cares so much about rules, he walked on the field to trip an opposing ball carrier.
      Before that, the Saints. Were so immoral, their coach got banned from football for a year.
      Before that, the Stillers. Game winning out-of-bounds catch made by Santonio Holmes and thrown by Ben Rothlisberger - both have questionable morals.
      Before that, the Colts. Dungy. The last good guy to win anything. Too bad a Manning had to be involved.
      Then I'm glad our team is not successful.

That was a huge topic of conversation - the 'late' RC and I used to bash heads about that all the time. I think the resident 'Morals be damned!' poster is BlazingBolt (wherever he went). The 'logic' that RC put forth was that teams should be able to "manage" such people. But my belief is that the issues, in many cases, run too deep as to go beyond being manageable. And, really, we're not talking about rehabbing the person here; we're talking about winning football games and putting money in the already-rich owners pockets. So you have guys of questionable character being drafted/acquired to help a team succeed, then they're kicked to the curb (and rightfully so) when they self destruct. I say it's better not to dip into that bucket at all.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • SoDak
        • Technology Director
        • Send PM

Also to add to the thread... the Patriots still haven't won a championship since they were caught cheating.

And they were nearly undefeated (3 Titles in 4 years, right? something like that) in the years before that.
        "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Opera singer and web developer.
          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          Then I'm glad our team is not successful.

That was a huge topic of conversation - the 'late' RC and I used to bash heads about that all the time. I think the resident 'Morals be damned!' poster is BlazingBolt (wherever he went). The 'logic' that RC put forth was that teams should be able to "manage" such people. But my belief is that the issues, in many cases, run too deep as to go beyond being manageable. And, really, we're not talking about rehabbing the person here; we're talking about winning football games and putting money in the already-rich owners pockets. So you have guys of questionable character being drafted/acquired to help a team succeed, then they're kicked to the curb (and rightfully so) when they self destruct. I say it's better not to dip into that bucket at all.
          I agree with you, if for selfish reasons. I feel personally invested in the team. I would hate to think I was personally invested in or rooting for someone who is scum. I would much rather root for a team of good-character guys. And if/when they do win, it'll be that much sweeter.
          Adipose

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Keiser Wilhelm was a big player in the first world war and beat up a bar worker. Is he good enough to be on our team?

I didn't know all that about Marvin Harrison.

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
              Don't forget Marvin Harrison was on that Colts team.
              http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking.c...rvin-harrison/
              Whoa. My thoughts on exacting revenge/vigilante-ism with a Swiss Army knife were of the fantasy realm...not to be acted out. But I guess Harrison has gone over that line. At least it sounds like it.

Even harboring such thoughts is toxic I find.
              For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

• floydefisher
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • siberiacuse, ny
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                Holy shit! 5 POUNDS! Thats like a gazzilion pills. He wasn't just a dealer, he was a pharmaceutical company!
                What the hell was he doing, stocking up for the day the FDA legalized MDMA for PTSD treatment?!?!
                sigpic

Comment

• Big Dog
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                  He had the thought, but he dropped it.
                  Got rep ya for that one, made me laugh !

Comment

• maurile
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Arrested for the third time in 2014.

Comment

• MakoShark
                      Disgruntled
                      • Jun 2013
                      • North Alabama
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
                      I think Carroll was better than most. If it's some fuck them because fuck USC or just because Carroll should've stayed there or something, that's fine, but the penalty USC got was harsh for some non-game related money bullshit. If the college players ever end up getting a union or they go to a system where they actually get paid, the Reggie Bush violations would be as irrelevant as amateur status. What price did Alabama pay for what Fluker & those 4 other dudes did?
                      Carroll didn't do anything that any other school hasn't done. If you investigate any college program for as long as they investigated USC you will find something. That was a witch hunt, pure and simple. Alabama always gets off light. They had a bribery case brought to light, the Fluker comments and recently some issue about a recruit being given a Corvette...it all gets swept under the rug.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Centella
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by alex View Post
                        It's just so sad that Caldwell thinks crime is his only answer. I really hope he can turn his thinking around.
                        You can't fix stupid!

Comment

• TABF
                          Por debajo del promedio
                          • Jun 2013
                          • SoCal
                          • Send PM

Can I retwiiter this (or whatever it's called)... LMAO

Comment

Working...
                          X