• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
    I know you have to guys in shape, but it makes sense to me to go easier in the beginning of camp and increase the intensity as time passes.
    The ACL tears are a damn shame because they are preventable with braces for the most part. Players will bitch and moan, but if you prevent 1 injury, it will be well worth it.

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
      How would you like to be a guy named Hatfield trying to make a roster coached by a McCoy?

Somebody please get a pic of those 2 together?
      We already have:

hatfield-mccoy.png
      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
        There were some statistics I posted a while back that pretty much showed 7th rounders have virtually no shot at being a successful starter.

Think it was done by football outsiders.
        This is why statistics are dangerous. If you go by what the statistics say, you wouldn't bother with 7th-rounders -- and you'd never find those 7th-round gems.

For some perspective: Tom Brady was a 6th-rounder, Johnny Unitas a 9th-rounder, Roger Staubach a 10th-rounder, George Blanda a 12th-rounder, and Bart Starr a 17th-rounder. I'm not saying Sorensen will become any of these guys, but he has so far shown a lively arm, poise, and good decision-making, and I would be thrilled to give him a roster spot just to see how he might develop.
        Adipose

Comment

• Panama
          パナマ
          • Aug 2013
          • London
          • Send PM

Again, just remember last season. We had to go to the street to get an O lineman and CB's.
          And when we did so, we didn't cut Sorensen. We cut players at other positions.
          Adipose

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The ACL tears are a damn shame because they are preventable with braces for the most part. Players will bitch and moan, but if you prevent 1 injury, it will be well worth it.
            More feasible for some positions than others. High skill positions, a brace could negatively mobility and quickness. Regardless, ACL repairs are not as daunting as they once were. Advances in medicine are happening at a very quick rate. Clean tears can be repaired and recovery can be as quick as 6 months now.

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Send PM

CBJ was a 3rd round pick. BIG difference.
              Doesn't really matter where he was drafted when a team is determining his value to them. Where exactly was Kurt Warner drafted? Do you think Arizona or St. Louis would have traded Warner in his prime for anything short of multiple high picks? If Sorensen develops the potential he is flashing, he could very well be worth a decent pick to some team.
              Adipose

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I like the skill set displayed by Sorensen from the limited time we have seen him play. Don't forget, the coaches have seen him all last season running the scout team. I believe they have a better grasp as to Sorensen's upside than any of us here and will make their decision based on that vs last spot for depth.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                  More feasible for some positions than others. High skill positions, a brace could negatively mobility and quickness. Regardless, ACL repairs are not as daunting as they once were. Advances in medicine are happening at a very quick rate. Clean tears can be repaired and recovery can be as quick as 6 months now.
                  Of course it limits a player, but like I said, it's temporary while everyone eases into camp. Losing 1 key player can wreck an entire season.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

wasn't Romo undrafted out of Eastern Illinois?

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Of course it limits a player, but like I said, it's temporary while everyone eases into camp. Losing 1 key player can wreck an entire season.
                      Ahhhh. Camp only. Gotcha. Ok, but I don't want our QB and WR to get used to the timing if it is not going to be the same when it counts. I believe our OL all have to wear them during TC. Not sure of any other positions.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

I like the skill set displayed by Sorensen from the limited time we have seen him play. Don't forget, the coaches have seen him all last season running the scout team. I believe they have a better grasp as to Sorensen's upside than any of us here and will make their decision based on that vs last spot for depth.
                        He didn't run the scout team, CBJ did.

I'm sure they have a better grasp, but like that 20 year study I posted, no 7th round pick has had real success. Best case scenario is a career backup. I go by statistics and probability to at least try and make a slightly educated guess.

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

Ahhhh. Camp only. Gotcha. Ok, but I don't want our QB and WR to get used to the timing if it is not going to be the same when it counts. I believe our OL all have to wear them during TC. Not sure of any other positions.
                          I actually think Coach D made the braces mandatory for the o lineman last year. I know Dunlap wears one full time.

Didn't Rivers wear one for a whole year after his ACL tear? Not like he runs around much anyways.

Speaking of WRs, maybe DX would still have a career if he was wearing one last camp.

Comment

Working...
                          X