• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I'm going back to page one and editing in booby pics so y'all have to start over!
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

NFL Blogs
      Chargers Camp Report: Day 3

By Eric D. Williams | July 26, 2014 5:05:16 PM PDT
      SAN DIEGO -- A daily review of the hot topics coming out of San Diego Chargers training camp:

Play of the day: Toward the end of practice, outside linebacker Tourek Williams and fullback Zack Boren got locked up during team drills in an incident that eventually led to a full-on fight, with Williams tearing Boren’s helmet off.No coaches or players seemed in a hurry to get in between the two, to the point that a guy on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list, offensive lineman Jeromey Clary, had to break it up. Not necessarily a smart move by Clary.

Williams said he and Boren squashed it afterwards.

“It’s just part of camp,” Williams said. “Guys get into it. A guy does something to you that you don’t like. It was the heat of the moment. It’s hot, and you’re in the first day of pads. You’re going to react, and it just builds toughness within your team.”

Offensive lineman D.J. Fluker said he’s doesn’t mind seeing a skirmish or two.

“I love seeing that intensity,” Fluker said. “That’s what it’s about. It’s about being a grown man, but we’re playing a child’s game right now. That’s what it is. We’re supposed to be out there having fun. You’re going to have fights, but other than that, we’re a team.”
      Position watch – Cornerbacks: A couple players in the secondary had good days on Saturday, with the Chargers coming out in full pads for the first time.Free-agent addition Brandon Flowers looked more comfortable, breaking up a couple of passes intended for Keenan Allen during one-on-ones.

Undrafted rookie free-agent Chris Davis also made his presence known, finishing with a couple of pass breakups and an interception. And veteran Richard Marshall had a nice interception during one-on-ones against Malcom Floyd.

Flowers, who did not have an offseason with a team, said he’s working himself into shape and expects his performance to only get better as he becomes more familiar with John Pagano’s defense. Flowers moved inside to play slot defender when San Diego went with six defensive backs with the first unit. Flowers and Shareece Wright remain the cornerbacks working with the starters.

“Every day I’m going to get more comfortable and more confident, just getting my feet up under me,” Flowers said. “Getting down my angles and just getting my body in football shape. So everyday I’m going to get better and better. I knew it was going to be tough starting off, but I’m just trying to keep it going every day.”
      Injury report: Clary (shoulder, hip) remains on the active, physically unable to perform (PUP) list. His replacements, Johnnie Troutman and Chris Watt also had to leave the field at the end of practice due to dehydration, head coach Mike McCoy told Alex Flanagan of the NFL Network. McCoy spoke briefly to reporters after practice, and did not address the injuries. Receiver Vincent Brown (calf), linebacker Andrew Gachkar (undisclosed) and center Nick Hardwick (rest) did not practice on Saturday.
      Coach’s corner: During 11-on-11 drills, reserve quarterback Kellen Clemens checked to a quick slant, but cornerback Crezdon Butler managed to get a hand on the ball intended for Dontrelle Inman. Inside linebacker Reggie Walker was pursuing on the play, corralled the tip and walked into the end zone for a score.

At 6-1 and 190 pounds, Butler is a rarity on San Diego’s roster – a press-cover cornerback over 6-foot tall.

“I hope I’m the best,” Butler said, when informed he’s the tallest cornerback on the roster. “That’s all I want to do [is make the roster].”

McCoy said creating turnovers continues to be a point of emphasis for the Chargers this year, and the defense created their fair share on Saturday. Walker sported a shirt with the defense’s slogan this year of TD: Tackle and disguise – turnover and disrupt.

“That’s basically the motto – have a good disguise and create turnovers and get off of the field,” Walker said.
      You don’t say: “I love competition. It’s been like that my whole career, from college to the pros. It makes you better. You never can get down on yourself. Competition is competition. If you look it up in the dictionary, somewhere it should say, ‘makes the other person better.’” -- Chargers cornerback Crezdon Butler on the competition he faces in making the 53-man roster.
      Up next: The Chargers practice at 5:50 p.m. ET on Sunday and 12:20 p.m. ET on Monday before taking a day off on Tuesday. Both practices are open to the public and take place at Chargers Park
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Tackle and disguise – turnover and disrupt.
        Make it happen.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SDSUfan View Post
          Really, a UFA CFL castoff replacing a proven ST gunner whose made big catches when given opportunity, as our 5/6th WR? Maybe its just your hopeful nature, but you always seem to have a bias for a new unproven player over an existing player with NFL experience in these conversations. Yesterday it was Reese over VBrown, now its Inman over Tutu. In general, how often do you see a contributing vet pushed off the roster by a CFL castoff, UDFA or low round pick rookie with NO NFL game experience? Do you think TT & MM are incompetent talent evaluators who filled the team with scrubs last year on purpose? If every rookie or FA we signed was so much better (or even had more potential) than current productive players- why would they even be available to us so easily? Granted, TT is always looking to upgrade talent across the roster- as he SHOULD be as GM- but that doesn't mean each player they sign with some promise (even if they are hyped in off season) is immediately targeted to replace someone the team feels is replaceable. We all have hopes this time of year that we found some great new players- but the reality is the deck is stacked against most of them even making the team.
          Fixed.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
            Was he talking about Watt or Watts?
            Wat
            sigpic

Comment

• Grinners
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
              Gilchrist starting at SS.
              Why don't we start Jammer at Safety?
              Now that's an idea....... ;]

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                Wasn't able to focus on line play at all today sadly.
                WAT THE HELL ARE WE PAYING YOU FOR???
                sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                  Porks need to take better care of hisselfs.
                  Sorenson stuck lining up behind that...
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                    Stickies=death
                    DEATH BY STICKY!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

His replacements, Johnnie Troutman and Chris Watt also had to leave the field at the end of practice due to dehydration, head coach Mike McCoy told Alex Flanagan of the NFL Network.
                      2:1 that's BS.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Hydration logo:
                        sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
                          Woober Goober
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Dolores, CO
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                          Fixed.
                          Yancey Thigpen logo:
                          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer: