Racist deases!
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Screeme
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Lupus, as I understand, makes the autoimmune system hyperactive against healthy tissues. If treated, it's a chronic condition that can be controlled, but I can see how it can be life-threatening. Condolences for Antonio and his family.
      I think it depends on exactly what type of Lupus or something. I have a good friend who was diagnosed with it in High School. She has managed for years now, but her Senior year was really scary.. In the hospital a lot and nearly died. It definitely can be fatal.

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
        Tutu really turned into an asset in special teams. Him and Stuckey were fantastic. It's gonna take a lot to get him off the roster IMO.
        What if the Chargers keep 5 WR again:
        Allen
        Floyd
        Royal
        Brown
        Do you keep Tutu over Reese if Reese excels in preseason?

I agree Tutu has turned into a great gunner and he did step up and grab the winning TD in KC last year. I don't know if he makes the team over Reese. Going to be some tough cuts to get down to 53.
        Last edited by Rugger05; 07-25-2014, 04:19 AM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Sad. I like Tutu... Clutch like Leading never was.,.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

We've got quite a few gunner types in TC this year, seems. Maybe MM is looking for guys who can do more than one thing?

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
              What if the Chargers keep 5 WR again:
              Allen
              Floyd
              Royal
              Brown
              Do you keep Tutu over Reese if Reese excels in preseason?

I agree Tutu has turned into a great gunner and he did step up and grab the winning TD in KC last year. I don't know if he makes the team over Reese. Going to be some tough cuts to get down to 52.
              The battle will be Inman vs Tutu IMO. Reese to me has something no other WR on the team has; deep speed. He is a weapon. Only way he's not on the 53 is if he's on IR IMO

Comment

• RTPbolt
                Charger Fan till the end
                • Jun 2013
                • North Carolina
                • Send PM

Its nice to have this problem of having to cut quality backups now. Last year we were just trying to get quality backups and I think we are turning the corner on a stronger team. If we can stay healthier this year we have a good chance to make waves.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

A guy who scares you deep every play is more valuable than a special teams ace. I like Tutu, but his special teams job is doable by someone else. Plus, if he's a last day cut, would he even be picked up by someone else? he could be there for us as an injury replacement.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• Steve
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • South Carolina
                    • Meteorologist
                    • Send PM

Let's see how they do over the course of TC. Reese is doing well now, but can he keep it up? He is a rookie and was probably completely pumped about being on the field yesterday, lets see him in a week or two. Add into the mix that we have Floyd back, and while he doesn't have great speed, he is a good downfield receiver, and stretches defenses. But are we really going to cut a ST ace for a guy who is probably not even going to play much this year?

Regardless of how well he does as a WR, he is going to have to play on ST, if he is active. You can't be the last WR on the roster and not play ST. Plus, how many long passes is he going to catch, vs a guy like Tutu who is playing just over 1/3 of a game on ST? And while he doesn't figure in long term as a WR, he has shown that he can catches some passes coming off the bench.

I just don't see Reese as a serious threat to Tutu. Reese, if he does well, makes them revisit the idea of keeping 6 WR, but that ends up impacting a lot more positions, since ST units get impacted as well as the ripples through the D that keeping a 6th WR might cause.

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I'll be shocked if they keep Tutu over Reese - they may not keep Reese but it won't be cuz of a WR who's as limited at the position as Tutu is, it'll be for a better WR and they'll fill that vacated gunner spot with a developmental guy at another position (safety most likely).

Tutu's at least smart in focusing so much on the gunner position, it does make him an attractive guy to keep on the 53. But we're a deeper team (at least right now) and he's still more meh than asset at WR, and unless he turns that around his days are numbered. WR corps across the league get too banged up over the course of a season to not keep the best WRs possible. Reese has speed and moves, if he can keep track of the playbook through TC he'll be hard to beat out.

Comment

• I'm a pretty big fan of Tutu, but let's not forget, he was a UDFA of A.J.'s and Reese is a player Telesco drafted. Just throwing that in there as food for thought.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I can see Reese making it as the designated KR or PR, if he doesn't make it as the last WR. Tutu's value is as a gunner, so I can see both still making the team. It definitely puts pressure on the UDFAs (like Darby and Davis, etc) to step it up to make the 53, or the PS.

Comment

Working...
                          X