No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      Put that in your pipe and smoke it logo:
      Thank you Sir, may I have another?
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Q: Should Bolts make a play for Andre Johnson?

A: Eric D. Williams (3:07 PM)

Interesting question, but I really think receiver is one of the strongest positions on this year's roster, particularly if Malcom Floyd can stay healthy. I know it's OTAs, but no San Diego cornerback could keep up with Vincent Brown during offseason workouts. If Brown and Seyi Ajirotutu are the team's No. 4 and No. 5 receivers, that's a pretty good group. I expect Keenan Allen to be better in his second season, and a healthy Eddie Royal to once again produce. It's good group that Philip Rivers has a lot of trust in. I don't think Johnson is needed.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Interesting question, but I really think receiver is one of the strongest positions on this year's roster, particularly if Malcom Floyd can stay healthy. I know it's OTAs, but no San Diego cornerback could keep up with Vincent Brown during offseason workouts. If Brown and Seyi Ajirotutu are the team's No. 4 and No. 5 receivers, that's a pretty good group. I expect Keenan Allen to be better in his second season, and a healthy Eddie Royal to once again produce. It's good group that Philip Rivers has a lot of trust in. I don't think Johnson is needed.
          I'm thinking VBrown is more Yancy Thigpen than Reche Caldwell...
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Wide receiver is the weakest part of our offense. But I'm fine with that.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

CB Indictment logo:
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Let's see what happens when the pads come on. Last I checked the game isn't played in shorts. Would be nice if Brown magically gained the ability to separate.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

There are a lot of things Mike McCoy says that are so inconsequential I think I actually lose consciousness for a second when the words come out of his mouth.

But sometimes insignificant can be enough. For instance, there was this assessment, uttered Wednesday at the conclusion of the Chargers’ offseason workouts:

“I like where the football team is at,” McCoy said.

Y’know what? Me too.

The Chargers look good, better than a year ago and better than when they were walking off the field after a loss in the second round of the playoffs.

Now, it’s June.

The Chargers won’t gather again until July 23 and will practice together the next day. Their first exhibition game is Aug. 7 against the Dallas Cowboys. The regular season opener in Arizona is a month and one day after that.

For the past month or so, guys were simply running around in shorts. Half of them won’t be here in September. There was no contact allowed. It’s easy this time of year to be fooled, easy to justify mistakes, tempting to be placated with the knowledge there is plenty of time to learn.

Nonetheless, the Chargers’ spring was moderately enlightening, and there were some things we can take away and look forward to. Here are a few:

For real: OK, they said he was good last year. But that was grading on a curve. Veterans were impressed with Manti Teo’s lean body, improved strength and seemingly faster movement this offseason. Te’o looked like he knew what he was doing last May and June, too, before injuring his foot in the preseason and missing the season’s first three games. It took him another five to not look lost, and he was never impressive for more than flashes. But, said one defensive veteran this week: “He’s an NFL player now.”

The Gach: If John Pagano is the innovator I think he’s shown himself to be – and he’s also shown he will sit guys and mix up personnel – then inside linebacker Andrew Gachkar might be on the field a lot more this year. He’s better than he has been, and he just might be better in coverage than Donald Butler.

Melvin back: Melvin Ingram is back. He was back last December, yes, but this offseason signals the beginning of his second year post-ACL surgery. There were indications in how much he was on the field and how well he moved that Ingram could be all the Chargers ever expected in ’14. Figure Ingram will get the most snaps among what suddenly appears a deep group of outside linebackers.

English era ending? On the other hand, we didn’t see much of Larry English in significant situations. With the Chargers having taken Jerry Attaochu in the second round, you have to figure English will be some other team’s pick-up on the Tuesday following the regular season’s first weekend.

On guard: While Jeromey Clary was on crutches, Johnnie Troutman remained the first-team right guard. Troutman played well for most of his 628 snaps last year, save for a few major missteps in crucial situations. Given that third-round pick Chris Watt is a lock, either Troutman or Chad Rinehart isn’t making the team.

Lot of Green: Tight end Antonio Gates, who has led the Chargers in receptions eight of the past 10 seasons, was absent all offseason tending to a serious family issue. In his absence, Ladarius Green was given enhanced preparation for his third NFL season, which is expected to see him get the ball more than ever. There are plays Green makes, with his height, hands and speed, no one else on the roster can make. That’s not to say we didn’t see him running Gates’ routes a few times and not making plays Gates would have made. They’re different players, and Green should not have the pressure of a comparison. But, especially as he should increasingly be on the field at the same time as Gates, look for this kid to at least double last year’s 17 receptions for 367 yards and three touchdowns.

Still in and out: The only person who will stop Keenan Allen is Keenan Allen. I’m not saying he will stop himself, but you still saw plenty of times where Allen followed up an outstanding play by blowing a route. But you simply can’t press Allen, and he knows how to use his body to get open.

Seyi what? You know who I like? Seyi Ajirotutu. As a person, as a special teamer, as a fifth wideout. Ajiorutu makes plays when he’s on the field. Mostly, that comes in practice against other second-teamers. But he’s going to be on this team for a long time.

Red alert: At least at three-quarters speed, you had to like what you saw out of the offensive line and Ryan Mathews in the red zone. I saw Mathews do an LT jump cut through the same kind of hole LT used to see in actual games.

Worth more: Watch for defensive tackle Chase Tenpenny to move up the depth chart during training camp. The undrafted rookie is quick and strong. The Chargers need depth in the front. Maybe just a practice squad guy, but watch him.
                  Some Acee notes (for what it's worth)

Comment

• bonehead
                    Undrafted
                    • Jul 2013
                    • TBD
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

I thought Tenpenny was a punter ! Did I miss something?
                    Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

LOL, dude needs to get his players straight.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Chargers Claim DT Chas Alecxih

Posted 3 hours ago

Ricky Henne Managing Editor Chargers.com @ChargersRHenne Facebook

The San Diego Chargers have claimed DT Chas Alecxih

The San Diego Chargers today claimed DT Chas Alecxih off waivers from the Kansas City Chiefs.

The 6-3, 304 pounder originally signed with the Miami Dolphins in 2012 after playing collegiately at the University of Pittsburgh. He spent all but the opening week of the 2012 season on the Dolphins’ practice squad. Alecxih (ah-LEX-ee) was waived in May 2013 and signed with the Chiefs in January.

Alecxih played in 41 career games at Pittsburgh, recording 127 tackles, 33 tackles for loss, 20 sacks, three forced fumbles, an interception and a blocked kick.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

It looks like the Bolts still aren't satisfied with their DL depth.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X