Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panama View Post
    Lol, yeah, Beerman is a doctor.
    AG, how did you not know this? Beer, you need to change your avatar to this:

Comment

• RTPbolt
      Charger Fan till the end
      • Jun 2013
      • North Carolina
      • Send PM

Yah....but he's a drunk doctor....when I'm drunk I can speak like a doctor too.....I can GoogleDoc like the best of them :Cheers1:

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
        Are you a doctor? What's liugets specific injury by the way? If you don't know, maybe don't speak like you do. Liuget said it's just preventative so they stay ahead of it. Doesnt sound like there's anything there to heal. If there was I don't see why they wouldn't let it heal completely. He's a proven player.
        All these years...and you didn't know? There are a couple of others: Darius (damned if I forgot his screen name!); and - forgive me - I forget the other doc's real/screen name.

Comment

• Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
          All these years...and you didn't know? There are a couple of others: Darius (damned if I forgot his screen name!); and - forgive me - I forget the other doc's real/screen name.
          I'm "SuperCharger". AKA:

Comment

• blueman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

I miss Batman.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Time to tune into this Same Bat Times
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Opera singer and web developer.
                • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                I miss Batman.
                Adipose

Comment

• bonehead
                  Undrafted
                  • Jul 2013
                  • TBD
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
                  AG, how did you not know this?

Would it matter? After all he's Antonio's Gates......I guess Phillips Rivers was taken
                  Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

Lol that's a great pic.

Re Liuget: Supposedly he got an ankle injury. It's all just best guess based on what's been said. He rolled his ankle per reports last week. Again just my informed opinion, feel free to ignore or disregard completely. Generally to properly heal a sprained ankle it's rest, ice, compression, and elevation. First week you mainly want to immobilize and get the swelling down (why you see boots on players generally after games). Now clearly NFL players push the recovery time under normal circumstances during game days (as I'm sure all of us that have played sports in the past have done as well). The recommended time is to stay off it for about a week though. After some days/week, you want to regain range of motion via rehab (this is generally a trainer stretching out the ankle ligaments and what players refer to as "treatment"). Pushing THIS timeline is what causes injury reoccurrence and delays of healing. This is LIKELY why you would see Liuget in and out of a boot. He would practice one day and take another off, see him with ice, etc.

If you remember Ryan Matthews ankle injury last week, that's what I don't want to happen and why I was questioning why they were pushing Liuget in preseason. Matthews kept playing on the ankle week after week without allowing it to heal. Eventually it just gave out during the Bengals game. Now that was in a run to the playoffs, so it was understandable. An injured ankle generally has no strength, so it's not weight-bearing. This is why you see them all taped up. The tape provides the weight support the ankle ligaments do. Now go try pushing a 330lb lineman with a bum ankle, not to mention supporting his 310 lb frame. That's all I'm saying.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

SEATTLE — Sean Lissemore gave it a test.

His right ankle was just taped. He stood to the ground, walked to the left and right on the Chargers sideline before providing pressure with a brief jump.

He grimaced. Best not to continue.

The versatile defensive lineman exited the Chargers' 41-14 exhibition loss early Friday night, and he was not alone. Safety Jahleel Addae suffered a left hamstring injury in the first half. Neither men returned.

Injuries are the one fear with the preseason.

How concerned the Chargers are is unclear; further examination is expected to be completed Saturday, but indications are Addae's injury is more minor.

An extensive absence from either certainly would be a blow.

Lissemore rolled on his ankle on the game's opening series. It's the latest blow to a line that entered the night without reserve ends Lawrence Guy (shoulder) and Damik Scafe (undisclosed). Lissemore often plays nose tackle but occasionally slides to end. He started at the latter spot last week for Corey Liuget/

Lissemore left CenturyLink Field in a protective boot.

Addae had a strong training camp.

The second-year pro figures prominently in the nickel and dime packages. He tugged at his hamstring after multiple snaps before ultimately being pulled from the game. He is not expected to miss a prolonged period of time.
                      Less DL injuries please.

Comment

• Beerman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Eastlake
                        • Send PM

@MartyCaswell: Mike McCoy says Manti Te'o has a left foot sprain...not the same injury as last year. He'll be out this week

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

@UTgehlken: Manti Te'o (foot), Sean Lissemore (ankle) and Jahleel Addae (ankle) out vs. SF for Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                          X