• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yubaking
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
    Good Lord man, just stop. While we do value them (sometimes), your opinions aren't any more important than anyone else's here. You don't need to insult other people in order to try to justify anything.
    First, I did not attempt to justify anything in my post. I have never said that my approach was good, bad or otherwise. I have simply said what it was and why I chose to approach it in that fashion. In fact, I specifically made the process I used transparent so that the opinions that I used in support of it regarding 1) individual player grades assigned, 2) relative weight assigned to each round, and 3) how to treat the 4th round could be discussed, criticized, et cetera.

Of those that have specifically addressed the opinions I expressed (Panama and Q come to mind), there has been no major disagreement. I think one person mentioned that he would have graded Watt a little higher. Thus, there is no need to justify anything and I have not attempted to do so.

Second, I am not going to let some schmuck mischaracterize the process that I used and insult me repeatedly in the process (without any commentary from you despite the fact that multiple posters felt it necessary to intervene on my behalf). What process I used and why I used it are not opinions. They are facts. Correcting someone's misrepresentation of the facts is not expressing an opinion or justifying anything. It is stating what happened. There is no room for discussion. I know what I did and the poster engaging in the insulting and deliberate mischaracterization does not--end of story.

Comment

• thelightningwill
      Go Aztecs and Pads
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
      First, I did not attempt to justify anything in my post. I have never said that my approach was good, bad or otherwise. I have simply said what it was and why I chose to approach it in that fashion. In fact, I specifically made the process I used transparent so that the opinions that I used in support of it regarding 1) individual player grades assigned, 2) relative weight assigned to each round, and 3) how to treat the 4th round could be discussed, criticized, et cetera.

Of those that have specifically addressed the opinions I expressed (Panama and Q come to mind), there has been no major disagreement. I think one person mentioned that he would have graded Watt a little higher. Thus, there is no need to justify anything and I have not attempted to do so.

Second, I am not going to let some schmuck mischaracterize the process that I used and insult me repeatedly in the process (without any commentary from you despite the fact that multiple posters felt it necessary to intervene on my behalf). What process I used and why I used it are not opinions. They are facts. Correcting someone's misrepresentation of the facts is not expressing an opinion or justifying anything. It is stating what happened. There is no room for discussion. I know what I did and the poster engaging in the insulting and deliberate mischaracterization does not--end of story.
      Your long defenses of your original statements have never helped your cause on here and got you banned at one time. It might be best if you write your opinion, allow for responses, then don't respond to the responses. And, in the case of the poster who seems to bash you the most, just ignore his posts altogether.

Go Chargers. Raiders suck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Yubaking View Post

I am not always in every thread, and do not see every post. I saw an insult from you (and there was another in the post above), so I asked you to stop. I will ask the same of others if/when I see it. If you notice that we aren't intervening (which I have done before for your benefit), then report the offending post. We will definitely see it then. If there weren't room for discussion, then I would not be typing this.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

On a scale of 384,456 I'd give the chargers a 129,965. Which isn't as bad as you'd think. There's alot of variables.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
            On a scale of 384,456 I'd give the chargers a 129,965. Which isn't as bad as you'd think. There's alot of variables.
            Coach, you receive thepowderblues.com's Gold Star of Excellence for today.

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Not sure why there was ever a need to explain simple grading. I'm sure everyone here went to high school.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I'd grade this thread, but it still wouldn't mean a damn thing.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I think you all should be worried about our lack of depth at DE...
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Yubaking
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                    I think you all should be worried about our lack of depth at DE...
                    That's one of the reasons having a good NT is so important. It allows Lissemore to get more snaps at DE.

Comment

• Panama
                      パナマ
                      • Aug 2013
                      • London
                      • Opera singer and web developer.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                      Did you factor in pythagorean coefficient and midi-chlorian count?
                      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
                        パナマ
                        • Aug 2013
                        • London
                        • Opera singer and web developer.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        Not sure why there was ever a need to explain simple grading. I'm sure everyone here went to high school.
                        Not sure Stinky graduated. And I'm pretty sure Mister Hoarse went to a different sort of "high" school.

:smoking:
                        Adipose

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                          X