• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

News flash. That pretty much sets the market for Gordon IMHO.
    I would equate Duke more to Ekeler

Comment

• blueman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Coffin, meet nail.

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

Unfortunately Gordon's market and the actual market are at an impasse. TT loves to throw around 4th rd picks. Duke has a 2nd rnd contract. He could have fit here with or without Gordon

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

News flash. That pretty much sets the market for Gordon IMHO.
          I would argue it all but closes the teams in the market.

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
            Texans trade for Duke Johnson conditional 4th in 20. I would have considered that
            Well, there goes one of Gordon's best shots...good luck, there Mel...

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

I got an update on how Paxton Lynch looked impressive for Seattle yesterday.

If true, John Elway would say:

:freakout:

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                I got an update on how Paxton Lynch looked impressive for Seattle yesterday.

If true, John Elway would say:

:freakout:
                Well, you can't blame Horseface for cutting Lynch loose...Lynch was injured a lot and hardly played...an injury bust, maybe not rising to the level of someone like Verrett, but almost...

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                  Maybe h gets quicker. His weakness besides injury bug is he's slow. That limits him to strong side imo, not fast enough to play sideline to sideline, which is what an ideal MLB brings. White had the speed but not the strength at point of attack, adding strength is exactly the right change for him.
                  funny enough, Denzel did make the SI's all slo team, and.... that said, he is not a liability in coverage, and he has the unique ability to knife thru the line for tackles.

my concern w/Tranquill, besides his injury bug, is that he is not much against the run.... am grateful for Denzel in the middle, albeit how many games will we have him for ??

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

funny enough, Denzel did make the SI's all slo team, and.... that said, he is not a liability in coverage, and he has the unique ability to knife thru the line for tackles.

my concern w/Tranquill, besides his injury bug, is that he is not much against the run.... am grateful for Denzel in the middle, albeit how many games will we have him for ??
                    For the first time in a few seasons I am not sweating an injury to our LBs. We have athletic depth for a change.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Doesn't matter if you're not a fan. The FO obviously is and unless there's something behind the scenes that we're missing, is not going to expose them to the PS squad.
                      may be time to at least start half eating some crow, as Schtick looked pretty decent @times out there last night, even tho he did throw the INT and is leaving himself susceptible to injury w/that running style/decision making.... he did rope a series of throws, and am guessing AL is pretty happy w/what he saw on the TD run, and....

have read peoples comparing him to Brees, albeit not sure if I saw less of that and perhaps more of a Steve Youngin' the makin' ??

will also add that the Tranquill INT was some nice heads up D as well, and while LT flagged Pipkin a coupla few times for misses/whiffs on the Oline.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Id rather have more of those ints than thumper type tackles.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

I saw Tranquill drop a RB at the LOS like a rock for no gain on one play last night. He just plowed the RB into the sod. I also saw him get back quick in coverage and pic a ball, high-pointing it nicely. I don't expect him to be a starter, but i think we have an athlete there that has some versatility and can develop. I can't recall Perryman intercepting anything (don't shoot if he happens to have had one or two over his many years). Perryman is a huge plus in short yardage or if a team tries to power rush the D with a two-TE big package, like NE did to the LAC 7db defense in the playoffs. They got just pounded up the middle with no stout LBs and weakened DL. Tis good to have some of both. I think Perryman is not suited for MLB as he can't get sideline to sideline effectively. He's suited for strong side playing from the edge into the middle. And he's not great in coverage, is he a complete liability? Not sure, but he can't cover elite TEs. What can he do - drop into a short zone position?
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X