Clear All
  • Sgt Schultz
    Bandwagon since 8/6/1960
    • Jun 2013
    • Palm Springs
    • I know nothing
    • Send PM

Oh my word!

"At the same times, Jones' footwork is concerning. He's clearly the least agile of the Chargers' four quarterbacks." Danial popper, The athletic.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 8/6/1960 View Post
      Oh my word!

"At the same times, Jones' footwork is concerning. He's clearly the least agile of the Chargers' four quarterbacks." Danial popper, The athletic.
      Cardale's footwork is the least of his issues...

Comment

• jubei
        Vagabond Ninja
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

did he mean least accurate? I thought cardale was supposed to be a semi-mobile QB. I suppose footwork versus mobility are a bit different.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          So White is now 6'2 231 #'s and can cover. My initial comparison was Telvin Smith. But he may end up being some Myles Jack as well. Pretty excited about him. Loved him coming out of college.
          This is the direction we're going on our D...cover LB's who are fast and have enough beef on them to thump a RB or even a TE in the flats...this is how we beat Brady, folks, at least, this is one key part of the puzzle...

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post
            did he mean least accurate? I thought cardale was supposed to be a semi-mobile QB. I suppose footwork versus mobility are a bit different.
            Cardale can scramble, but it's like a freight train slowly picking up speed, then mowing down one or two defenders before he's gang-tackled...

Comment

• Bolts & Noles
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I too want to see us collect draft capital for a run at TL.
              only problem, is that if he continues to play like he does, no reasonable amount of draft capital will be enough to jump from 20s (projected) to 1 overall.
              and if that team happens to need a qb (likely) forget about it completely.
              Ya.Thats a pipe dream imo.Its two years from now so who knows.
              It will be fun to see what the rookie can do.If they can block for him.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

This is the direction we're going on our D...cover LB's who are fast and have enough beef on them to thump a RB or even a TE in the flats...this is how we beat Brady, folks, at least, this is one key part of the puzzle...
                Bellichick is really good at catching your D off guard whenever subs come in. He has mentioned in the past that the more successful defenses are using smaller LBs who can do multiple things. Probably why we wont see Perryman long term as hes primarily a run stopping type thumper. You want a MLB that can stay on the field. I think its why we may be trying White out inside. I know Tranquil struggled in coverage but they may be able to coach him up to be better in coverage. However hee may be the thumping type guy that takes over for Perryman. Who can never stay healthy.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Bellichick is really good at catching your D off guard whenever subs come in. He has mentioned in the past that the more successful defenses are using smaller LBs who can do multiple things. Probably why we wont see Perryman long term as hes primarily a run stopping type thumper. You want a MLB that can stay on the field. I think its why we may be trying White out inside. I know Tranquil struggled in coverage but they may be able to coach him up to be better in coverage. However hee may be the thumping type guy that takes over for Perryman. Who can never stay healthy.
                  But Tranquil used to be a safety, so he does have SOME coverage skills...

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Perryman is down to 220, something like that, last I heard. Methinks he hears what Bradley's selling.

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
                      Outback Goon
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Australia
                      • Send PM

agree
                      add in no pocket to step up into as another puzzle piece

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

But Tranquil used to be a safety, so he does have SOME coverage skills...
                        Right....but he didnt look great doing it last year. But you hope he gets better and becomes a bigger Kyzir White. Poor mans Myles Jack. Jack was a guy that could play SS or LB in the pros. He played SAM even in Jax. Moved to MLB when Poz retired. Telvin Smith is really a straight weakside guy. So it makes sense to draft Myles Jack types and use them across the board at LB. All of our LBs are versatile with the exception of Perryman. I dont even consider Andrew G a LB. lol

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

We play modern defensive football.
                          Justin Jones @ 295#...ditto.
                          Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X