• Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

From yesterday. (<---Good song by the way)

Stick is looking sharp from what i hear.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Cardale looks lost? Color me surprised! /sarcasm off

Comment

• Budsman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
            From yesterday. (<---Good song by the way)

Stick is looking sharp from what i hear.

Can cardale play OT?

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

So here is my take of the Oline at the Joint practice.....

The limited reps, during the 2 hours of ITCLive & YouTube, I finally watch today of our joint practice look more up than down.
              Scott lost 1 rep badly, lost 2 others reps at/after 2.5secs, and stalemate or won 9 reps with 3.5 secs of contact.
              Tevi was a harder evaluation with the camera angles but the reps I saw definitely saw 2 tragic reps, 3 - 2.5 sec reps, and 11 3.5 - sec reps.
              Pipkins' lack of power/strength showed multiple times. His feet were inconsistent but when his hips are under him he can close out the arc and handle inside counters but needs a ton of reps and S&C development.

Run blocking was inconsistent across the board. Feeney, Lamp, Pouncey could be a solid interior core, run game certainly, and pass pro likely. Schofield was good but lacks uprooting power. OTs were just plain inconsistent with Scott the best of the bunch. The OL group was inconsistent but moments of excellent execution which should only increase with more time together in camp.

First look going against real opposition was mostly positive with multiple things that need to be worked on, addressed, and corrected. It is early August so time to get more work in.

I would love to acquire an AP OT but likely not happening. I think counting on Okung playing again, especially this season, is unwise so we need the big, athletic, youngins to stepup. We have an excellent set of blocking TEs and RBs that can chip to help against edge speed. Few tweaks to the scheme in passpro and getting consistency in the run game, which should be a great fit for our top 6-7 healthy Olinemen skill sets, will take some of the edge concerns away.
              My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

The limited reps, during the 2 hours of ITCLive & YouTube, I finally watch today of our joint practice look more up than down.
                Scott lost 1 rep badly, lost 2 others reps at/after 2.5secs, and stalemate or won 9 reps with 3.5 secs of contact.
                Tevi was a harder evaluation with the camera angles but the reps I saw definitely saw 2 tragic reps, 3 - 2.5 sec reps, and 11 3.5 - sec reps.
                Pipkins' lack of power/strength showed multiple times. His feet were inconsistent but when his hips are under him he can close out the arc and handle inside counters but needs a ton of reps and S&C development.

Run blocking was inconsistent across the board. Feeney, Lamp, Pouncey could be a solid interior core, run game certainly, and pass pro likely. Schofield was good but lacks uprooting power. OTs were just plain inconsistent with Scott the best of the bunch. The OL group was inconsistent but moments of excellent execution which should only increase with more time together in camp.

First look going against real opposition was mostly positive with multiple things that need to be worked on, addressed, and corrected. It is early August so time to get more work in.

I would love to acquire an AP OT but likely not happening. I think counting on Okung playing again, especially this season, is unwise so we need the big, athletic, youngins to stepup. We have an excellent set of blocking TEs and RBs that can chip to help against edge speed. Few tweaks to the scheme in passpro and getting consistency in the run game, which should be a great fit for our top 6-7 healthy Olinemen skill sets, will take some of the edge concerns away.
                Nice eyes-on report.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

My feeling is this front office, with information available to them from medical staff and Okung himself, are pretty confident in Okungs return, and are just training up his temporary replacements...otherwise, I could have seen them at least phoning up some more camp bodies for that left side, or running Lamp through the paces there...

I could be wrong...they may not feel there are better options out there, and we are simply gonna soldier on with what we have...that we have no choice until cuts possibly present a better option. But my gut tells me that Okung being available sooner, rather than later or not at all, is the belief in the front office and coaches office at this time.

Edit: Almost forgot...thanks for the evaluation!
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

They signed a couple of OL today so they may not have liked what happened out there

Comment

• Tol
                      From Accounting
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Carlsbad
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                      Saw a vid of him carrying Stick's shoulder pads.
                      :uplol: I'm not sure that kind of brutality is called for.

Seems like every year the board is calling for TT to trade for some free agent left over. Who was the D-lineman everyone wanted so bad last year? Hankins? Looks like this year it's Trent Williams.

We could have secured a RT in the 1st round like McGary or Cody Ford. Could then still take Adderley in the 2nd or a DL like Dre'Mont Jones or Khalen Saunders. We're not exactly hurting at interior DL or safety. But we have O-line issues every year. Maybe it will be solved by the time Stick takes over. Until then it looks like we get to enjoy more of the same.

Comment

• blueman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Thanks, ninja!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

4 PLAYERS EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS IN CAMP

OL Forrest Lamp

This should come by no surprise. We weren't sure what kind of player Lamp would be after missing his rookie season with an ACL injury and receiving hardly any playing time in 2018. The former Western Kentucky product has shown that he should be the starting Week 1 against the Colts. His strength, movement skills and competitive juice have all been evident, which has been a great sight for fans that have been patiently waiting for him to finally see the field. EmailSign up Like this article?

Sign up for the Chargers Wire email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning

CB Arrion Springs

Springs spent time on four practice squads before joining the Chargers in 2018. He didn't get promoted to the active roster, but he has been showing that he is worthy of a spot on the 53-man roster in the 2019 season. The former Oregon product had himself a day on the fourth day of practice, where he posted two interceptions and pass defensed. He has been playing with the first-team since then, trying to earn the last slot likely over Brandon Facyson.

QB Easton Stick

Stick, the former North Dakota State product, is currently in contention for the No. 3 job with Cardale Jones. Coming out of college, he was coveted for his athleticism, toughness, intelligence and winning intangibles. There weren't high expectations for Stick entering camp other than him beating out Jones. So far, the former Bison has shown that Los Angeles really might have something in their fifth-round selection. Stick has quickly adapted to the team's offense and has displayed poise in the pocket and the ability to make plays downhill.

WR Jason Moore

The battle for the final one or two wide receiver spots were open entering training camp. With most people's eyes solely on players like Artavis Scott, Geremy Davis and Travis Benjamin, an undrafted free agent out of University of Findlay has been defying the odds with his play on the field. Moore has made an assortment of notable plays throughout camp with his 6-foot-3 and 213 pound frame. Now one of the fan favorites going into preseason action, Moore will look to stamp the last slot within the next five weeks.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X