• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cdn Bolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Ontario , Canada
    • Send PM

Someone like Howard is how they should have gone initially. A durable big back ( Ajayi too) they could have taken in the 5th and cap friendly. Or like Michael Turner if they learned anything in the past.

Cap friendly durable no headaches. Gordon is good but injury prone , light and now a cap headache in comparison.

Comment

• El_Tee
      I’m No Noob
      • Sep 2019
      • Disney World, FL
      • Send PM

08EE2A66-A442-460C-9F6E-C0634A49E6C2.pngFound this interesting... Gordon thinks $10m a year is insulting, but Zeke got under $13m guaranteed as the absolute RB in the field.

Would be take $10m guaranteed on a four year deal? Because if not, this will never fix itself.

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

I think the Chargers offer is more than fair. His agent is probably ego trippin now. Time to fire your agent MG and sue him for the money you have already paid him.

Anyone see that Philly offer the Chargers turned down. LMAO.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post
          Someone like Howard is how they should have gone initially. A durable big back ( Ajayi too) they could have taken in the 5th and cap friendly. Or like Michael Turner if they learned anything in the past.

Cap friendly durable no headaches. Gordon is good but injury prone , light and now a cap headache in comparison.
          Don't agree with any of this. Howard isn't that great. At 215 lbs, Gordon isn't "light". Chicago traded Howard and kept 5'6" Tarek Cohen who is listed as their starter. Howard doesn't fit our team imo.

Ajayi is coming off a torn ACL so there goes the durable thought.

Comment

• UtahBolt
            Did we win?
            • Jun 2013
            • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
            • Send PM

^^
            IIRC, Gordon was durable out of college and had carried the rock a ton at Wisconsin. Gurley was the one with the injury concern...
            I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• UtahBolt
              Did we win?
              • Jun 2013
              • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post
              I think the Chargers offer is more than fair. His agent is probably ego trippin now. Time to fire your agent MG and sue him for the money you have already paid him.

Anyone see that Philly offer the Chargers turned down. LMAO.
              Agree with all of this. Chargers made a solid offer (even in light of Zeke's numbers today) and Gordon should have either signed it or reported to play hard for FA next season. He got bad advice and is now in a no win situation since there does not seem to be much interest out there and the Chargers have called off the deal. He will show up week 10 and probably suffer a soft tissue injury (calf, hammy, quad, etc.) and will be on/off the injury report down the stretch, which will be cost him next season. And...will be a distraction for the rest of the team for the playoff push.

Just idiotic. I am usually all about a player getting theirs, but Gordon needs to get over himself and realize his lack of leverage in all of this. Really bad management...
              I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Ontario , Canada
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Don't agree with any of this. Howard isn't that great. At 215 lbs, Gordon isn't "light". Chicago traded Howard and kept 5'6" Tarek Cohen who is listed as their starter. Howard doesn't fit our team imo.

Howard is more durable than Gordon. Gordon is light at 215 and is a glider and delicate whether you like it or not. Cohen is really a 3rd down back . They drafted David Montgomery to be their big back and replace Howard eventually be the starter at 220.

Ajayi was just another big back ex who was a 5th rnd pick. There were lots of RB taken in later rnds who would have been ok David Johnson, Duke Johnson or Tevin Coleman for ex

pt is you don't need to burn a high 1st to get a RB and then deal w all these $ headaches.
                Last edited by Cdn Bolt; 09-04-2019, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Correct...Howard is not a pass catcher. I think I actually heard Rivers say "HECK NO!!" all the way back here in Illinois.
                  Adopted Bolt: Scott Matlock

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Howard is more durable than Gordon. Gordon is light at 215 and is a glider and delicate whether you like it or not. Cohen is really a 3rd down back . They drafted David Montgomery to be their big back and replace Howard eventually be the starter at 220.

Ajayi was just another big back ex. There were lots of RB taken in later rnds who would have been ok David Johnson, Duke Johnson or Tevin Coleman for ex
                    Didn't say Howard hadn't been more durable, I'm saying he isn't that great and isn't as good as Gordon and apparently Philly wasn't impressed with him to offer him in a trade before he even takes a real snap for them. Glad Telesco said NO as it was a shit offer and he has regressed every season.

215 lbs isn't light.

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Paradoxrip View Post

I know this and agree. I am just saying it kind felt like MG's camp was waiting. Even with "not negotiating" I am sure there will be dialog occasionally between the 2 sides. Just wish MG would just take the contract on the table ffs. The talking heads say he'll be back week 6 so he gets paid.
                      They're certainly waiting, I just think it's not by choice and rather a product of those clowns overvaluing their client.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Nailed it.

And to add to that, MG wasn't injury prone coming out of Wisconsin. Tough to prognosticate these things.

Comment

• SYB
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Ajayi was just another big back ex who was a 5th rnd pick. There were lots of RB taken in later rnds who would have been ok David Johnson, Duke Johnson or Tevin Coleman for ex

pt is you don't need to burn a high 1st to get a RB and then deal w all these $ headaches.
                          Durability doesn't really matter when you suck. And Ajayai has been may more injury prone than Gordon has.

You also seem to be arguing with yourself, as no one has made the claim that 1st round RB's are a necessity.:dunno:

Comment

Working...
                          X