Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    Early report - Dunlap and rinehart are manning the left side of the line. The defense looks tiny next to the massive O line.

One thing I hadn't seen before is that McCoy is actually running two practices. He's got both sides of the field running full plays with the first and second teams.
    McCoy ain't playing around. I love this guy already, and he hasn't coached a game yet.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

@UTKevinAcee: I'm very concerned about secondary. Nonetheless, receivers pretty much brilliant in first one-on-one drill.

The Chargers have a secondary?
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Notes from WR/CB battles

The Alexander/Cox battles were great. Alexander pretty much won all of them but Cox had really good coverage most of the time. DX looks like he's picking up where he left off.

Vincent Brown owned any CB that lined up with him. He's still the best route runner. Cuts on a dime. Looks like he has no residual effects from the ankle fracture.

Shareece Wright looks very good. Played press virtually the entire time.

Malcolm Floyd still making plays. Great catch over the shoulder with Cox all over him.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
          @UTKevinAcee: I'm very concerned about secondary. Nonetheless, receivers pretty much brilliant in first one-on-one drill.

The Chargers have a secondary?
          Kinda agree. Wright and Cox were the only ones that looked solid.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Looks like National Sports media will have another strong presence in SD this week.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Eastlake
              • Send PM

Eddie Royal, Josh Johnson, and Meachum as the punt returners.

Comment

• Geezbolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Sun Valley, ID
                • Send PM

You're my hero Beerman. Love the running commentary.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

2nd team line - Starks, Troutman, Molk, Ohrnberger, Harris

Comment

• Blue Thunder
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Arlington, TX
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    It really is. I've called to cancel probably 5-6 times over the last decade and they've always come back with offers.

This was the only time I was serious. But the general rule is to throw at them that dish or cable came back with lower rates for more channels.

This was the most I've gotten in return. Maybe they logged my calls to quit or maybe the move had something to do with it

Getting transferred to customer retention is the key. I've had pretty good success by doing that. I haven't made the call yet this year, but here is the transcript of my conversation from last year.

Me: "Cancel Service"...

Lady: "Thank you for calling DirecTv. How may I help you?"
                    Me: "I'm considering cancelling my DirecTv service."
                    Lady: "I'll transfer you to Cancellation."
                    Me: "Actually, can you transfer me to Customer Retention instead?"
                    Lady: "Sure."...

Guy: "Thank you for calling DirecTv. How may I help you?"
                    Me: "I am considering cancelling my DirecTv service because we have one receiver that is going bad (true) and also we can't really afford for our bill to go up right now (also true)."

Guy: "I'm sorry to hear that. If you stay, I can offer you $20 off your bill month for 12 months."
                    Me: "Well, that's good, but the main reason I have DirecTv is for the NFL Sunday Ticket. I know that Dish has some pretty good deals going, including one that is for $19.99 a month, and also I could just pay $50 bucks for the whole season of NFL Rewind online. I'd rather have the Ticket though, but it's just too expensive."
                    Guy: "Let me see what I can do."...

Guy: "What if I were able to throw in the Ticket and the Redzone Channel for free?"
                    Me: "Is that the Sunday Ticket Max?"
                    Guy: "No"
                    Me: "I'd really like the Max because I like the Short Cuts."
                    Guy: "Really? I think you're the first person to say that. Most people say they want the Red Zone Channel. Let me take another look"

Guy: "I can offer you the Max for four payments for $39.99. That's $159.96 for the Max... no wait... that's worse than the other offer... hang on... okay... umm, yeah, I can go ahead and give you the Sunday Ticket Max for free.
                    Me: "Great. Is that in addition to the $20 a month for 12 months and do I still get the Red Zone Channel?"
                    Guy: "Yes"
                    Me: "Awesome... Now what can we do about replacing the old DVR? We are wanting to upgrade to an HD DVR. The DVR we are replacing is standard def."
                    Guy: "Let me check"...

Guy: "I can offer you a free HD DVR to replace the old DVR. Plus, we will pay for the installation and the handling fee and also knock another $10 a month off for a year to cover the HD upgrade charge to your package. However, you will have to sign a two year contract in order to get the free HD DVR"
                    Me: "Hmm. Would it be possible to just do a year contract instead?"
                    Guy: "We could do that if you just wanted a standard DVR, but for the HD DVR it has to be two years."
                    Me: "Well... okay. Let's set it up"

So, this was the end result from this 15 minute phone call:

NFL Sunday Ticket Max = $299
                    $20/month x 12 = $240
                    HD DVR = $199
                    Installation = $99
                    Handling fee = $19.95
                    $10/month x 12 = $120

Total amount saved = $976.95

True, I did end up having to agree to a 2-year contract, but I'm quite sure that I would have stayed with them anyway. Plus, since my discounts expire in a year, even though I will still be under contract, I can call back again next August and try to see what they are willing to offer. Last year I got a little under $400 back, so I was thrilled with this outcome.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

Freeney and Fluker (I think) got tangled up and Freeney left the field holding his hip.

Alexander looks fucking awesome.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

@MartyCaswell: Just like last camp, Eddie Royal catching everything thrown his way. Meachem working with 2nd team. Interesting to watch Gilchrist work at S
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

Larry English working as the starting weak side OLB.

Comment

Working...
                          X