• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
    I just cant help but think about Kerrigan. You were all over him. Like posting anything negative about him was your deal you know?.
    Because I wanted Watt, remember?

Ive already said on the other board that Kerrigan is awesome and I was wrong. And that both those guys turned out to be great
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Not really sure what you can read into Fluker saying that English has been tough on him. It's his 2nd day in camp and they are playing in shells. Most of the trench warfare was pretty worthless to watch in camp. They aren't really going hard. They aren't really hitting either. If you recall Freeney's quote about Fluker that they are showing him how to back off in practice and learn to practice to not hurt your own team mates.

I'll wait till game film to really get a feel for where he's at in his development.

Anyone going to camp tomorrow? I may have to get up to go see them in pads.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        Because I wanted Watt, remember?

Ive already said on the other board that Kerrigan is awesome and I was wrong. And that both those guys turned out to be great
        Yea but after the draft why still post negative tidbits about Kerrigan? I think at the time i felt you were just trying to push my buttons. Your not doing that with Fluker because he was never really the guy i was pimping. But i look at my history and ive been wrong and right about picks probably 50/50 in the 1st round. And so many picks i didn't like looked bad early...and then went on to be great picks. And vice versa. I just could never really continue to remind people that im not happy about a pick and support that opinion with every little negative detail based on the fact that im really only accurate 50% of the time. Who knows maybe your better at this than most.

Again ill say i think its too early to realistically judge a player after 2 days based on the fact that ive been proven wrong so many times in the past. I just have faith that this staff knows a little more than anyone here.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Again ill say i think its too early to realistically judge a player after 2 days based on the fact that ive been proven wrong so many times in the past.
          Weve always talked about players whether its daay 1 or day 8000. I dont see why there is a hold on a guy.

Its like criticizing Mouton. There are guys were still saying, "lets see what he can do". Same with English. Same with Cam. or with any other player.

I dont see a reason to put on hold when its OK to discuss a player
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Weve always talked about players whether its daay 1 or day 8000. I dont see why there is a hold on a guy.

Its like criticizing Mouton. There are guys were still saying, "lets see what he can do". Same with English. Same with Cam. or with any other player.

I dont see a reason to put on hold when its OK to discuss a player
            Well you do have a tendency to only post the negative and critical pieces about a player you dont like. Or it would seem you put a lot more effort into that player than most. Its all good though. I hope he proves you wrong. I just dont expect that to happen on day 2-3-4.

Criticizing is one thing...but im not hearing anything that resembles rational thinking. Because like i said to claim it a bad start for a player who hasnt even put on pads yet is IMO way to premature. You dont think it is but i do. So while we criticize this new roster thats where you and i will have to agree to disagree. Because like i said its too early for me to label anyone "having a horrible start" when its so early.

Fuck I guess Cox was a shitty pick up. He had a few passes caught against him. One for a TD. Is that a horrible start? Or is it too early to tell on him. I mean theres probably some other variables to take into consideration. Like Rivers has made throws that would make any CB look silly. Or WRs make catches that would make the best CBs look mediocre. Last i checked Ingram and Freeney are premium talents. So the rookie got beat. English has had a terrible career but at one point he could beat some guys. Its why he was drafted high. Ill at least let Fluker get a shot when hes told its ok to go full throttle on a player.

Were you not pleased with the Cox signing? Could have sworn you were.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

It's a bad start when people are getting injured because of it and the best competition is a possible bust
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Were you not pleased with the Cox signing? Could have sworn you were.
                I was very happy about the Cox signing but worried about his injury history.

If he can stay healthy I'm stoked.

I'm also the person that posted the tweet that Floyd is abusing Cox all day long
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

It's a bad start when people are getting injured because of it and the best competition is a possible bust
                  So Ingram beating Fluker and Ingram not being able to keep himself from hitting Rivers and planting his foot wrong was Flukers fault? Sorry man i blame Fluke before i blame Fluker. Just because he got beat dosnt mean he injured Ingram. Dosnt even sound like he touched him. He planted his foot wrong.

Quarterback Philip Rivers took the snap, and the Chargers outside linebacker was off, making it past rookie tackle D.J. Fluker with a "super athletic move," as one teammate called it. Ingram worked to slow so he could avoid contact with Rivers, planting his left leg in the turf.

That's when it gave.

"I was praying that wasn't what it was when I saw him grab his knee," outside linebacker Larry English said. "It looked like a textbook ACL situation."

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

I was very happy about the Cox signing but worried about his injury history.

If he can stay healthy I'm stoked.

I'm also the person that posted the tweet that Floyd is abusing Cox all day long
                    Hes been beat like 3 times. How is it your not saying hes had a terrible start?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

So Ingram beating Fluker and Ingram not being able to keep himself from hitting Rivers and planting his foot wrong was Flukers fault? Sorry man i blame Fluke before i blame Fluker. Just because he got beat dosnt mean he injured Ingram. Dosnt even sound like he touched him. He planted his foot wrong.
                      He planted his foot wrong trying to avoid planting Rivers
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Hes been beat like 3 times. How is it your not saying hes had a terrible start?
                        Im not saying he's had a terrible start. The UT has. I'm posting the negative tweet about a player I like a lot
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• All your negativity are belong to Den.

Comment

Working...
                          X