Did the Chargers give their fans a better year?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BoltBacker
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • Send PM

Did the Chargers give their fans a better year?

I know just getting to the Super Bowl is an accomplishment, but a blowout loss after such a great regular season is an embarrassment to the organization and the fans. Just look at the orangemane.com.

Now for the Chargers, we were supposed to be rebuilding but ended up sneaking into the playoffs and winning a game on the road. We limped into Denver and lost but came home with reason to be optimistic about a promising future.

The Broncos have a quickly aging QB who the entire team is built around and all of a sudden the optimism has left the room. Charger fan has to be stoked going into next year, we already gave the Donkees all they could handle this year and our arrow looks to be pointing up where in Denver there are suddenly many questions.
  • Maverick
    (Coryellian)
    • Jun 2013
    • Point Loma
    • Send PM

YES, no doubt----I would MUCH rather we lose having playing admirably in the playoffs than to go on to the Super Bowl & get blown out.....so, I totally agree with you.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Yes.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Rugger05
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Yes and Denver now has the most losses in Super Bowl history with 5

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
          Yes and Denver now has the most losses in Super Bowl history with 5
          With 2 of them being in the top 3 for worst point differential.

Comment

• bonehead
            Undrafted
            • Jul 2013
            • TBD
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            With 2 of them being in the top 3 for worst point differential.
            It wasn't the largest point differential but a case could be made for the worst overall beginning to end SB performance EVER!!!!!!

Think about it, starting with the bad snap safety to 2 INTs , 2 Fumbles, a pathetic onside kick attempt and of course Harvins TD kick return to start the second half ........OMG, it was bad
            Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

The Donkies just looked pathetic from the standpoint of having no answer. Their offense never seemed to make a real effort to dictate anything. You would think going no huddle would have been a possibility to at least throw Seattle's defense into some level of question. Instead they did their normal approach which obviously was just not enough for Seattle's D to not figure out (yes, i'll give us credit for showing them how to play these mules). Denver's defense despite all the accolades of late was just not effective. Ultimately the Offense of Denver just couldnt compete and made mistakes and Seattle forced mistakes with pressure and hard hitting.

Seattle's D set this game up on a silver platter and the Offense played a great game...not spectacular statistically but they didnt have to given the Defense was just dominating at the line and in the zone.

Certainly a fun game to watch. I almost stopped watching in the 4th quarter as I had a few interruptions...I NEVER do that. Donkies just got schooled....get a real defense.

I would so love Manning to retire....he makes them go but ultimately they choked because they couldn't protect him.

Comment

• Yubaking
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

The Chargers gave us a better result in terms of final outcome versus expectations at the beginning of the season. I think our fans as whole had the reaction of, "Holy crap, we made the playoffs and won a playoff game in what was supposed to be a rebuilding year. That's great!!!!" I think Broncos fans had the reaction, "Oh man, there is nothing left to live for. We lost a Super Bowl that we were sure we would win because we have Fivehead and that should have made us a lock to win."

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Uh, they have Super Bowl wins. I dont believe it was life or death for many Broncos fans like it would be for other fans. Disappointment, sure. But not misery.

Comment

• TTK
                    EX-Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • America's Finest City
                    • Send PM

Now the stakes are even higher for Denver next year. Manning was brought in to Denver to win a SB in a short time frame and next year is year number three. How many years does he have left? Just making the playoffs will be a step backwards for them. Even just making the SB next year won't be enough. It's win it all or fail mode now.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                      Uh, they have Super Bowl wins. I dont believe it was life or death for many Broncos fans like it would be for other fans. Disappointment, sure. But not misery.
                      True. Donkey fans have seen their team lose Super Bowls before.
                      Maybe the new fake Donkey fans will die a false death and re-emerge as Chargers fans next season after we win the division.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                        True. Donkey fans have seen their team lose Super Bowls before.
                        Maybe the new fake Donkey fans will die a false death and re-emerge as Chargers fans next season after we win the division.
                        They are not welcome on the bandwagon.

Comment

Working...
                        X