• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
    I have high hopes for Stevie Williams. His height was really the only reason why he dropped. If he turns into a solid contributor, this draft will be a slam dunk.
    I think his ceiling is as a NB
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      I have high hopes for Stevie Williams. His height was really the only reason why he dropped. If he turns into a solid contributor, this draft will be a slam dunk.
      It will be interesting to see how he's used.

As a sidenote, Kiper also suggested more positives about Te'o in the Ravens review, which surprised me some. Obviously, next year will tell us a lot on that front. But if he kind of continues the progression he showed at the end of the year, this draft will look even better.

I also see a little something in Tourek. He's raw, but I can see why they took him.

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        I think his ceiling is as a NB
        I thought that initially, but if we keep primarily playing a zone coverage scheme, he fits. His ball skills and ridiculous speed make him much better in space. He was a fantastic cover corner at Cal. If we aren't asking him to jam WRs at the line (or cover guys like Megatron) he can fit outside in our scheme.

If he does end up at NB, that's still great for a 5th rounder.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
          It will be interesting to see how he's used.

As a sidenote, Kiper also suggested more positives about Te'o in the Ravens review, which surprised me some. Obviously, next year will tell us a lot on that front. But if he kind of continues the progression he showed at the end of the year, this draft will look even better.

I also see a little something in Tourek. He's raw, but I can see why they took him.
          The one thing that was surprising about Te'o was his coverage skills. The guy always seemed to be in the right spot and was there to make the play. I would like to see him get stronger this offseason so he's more stout at the point of attack. He got swallowed up too often or just seemed tentative a lot of times. He lacks that reckless abandon you see in some of the elite ILBs.

I'm curious to see if they incorporate him in nickel packages now that he will have all offseason to fully learn the defense.

Tourek was pretty much as raw as he looked in TC. I still like his first step, but converting DE's to OLB always takes a while.
          Last edited by Beerman; 01-23-2014, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

I'd love to trade our pick this year (#25) to MIA for Dion Jordan and convert him to OLB.
            Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Of all the drafts to be in the mid 20's this is it. This draft has some raw young athetes comming out early that if worked with can develope. I see a great oppertunity to trade down an pick up 2nd and third/forth round picks but not give up anything special at 25.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Depends who's been taken, but 25 should be a sweet spot this year. There are better high end talents this season than there were last year. I also expect teams to reach for QBs this year pushing some better players to us.

There are sooooo many elite skill players too.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                  Yup, at this point it would be hard to argue the Chargers did not have the best draft.

Now lets start a bunch of Telesco worshipping pics and stuff so he can start screwing up just like In Bobby's we trust and the AJ is god stuff I saw plenty of early in their respective runs.
                  Love your attitude! Can I rent your bomb shelter?

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beer Holder
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Yup, at this point it would be hard to argue the Chargers did not have the best draft.

Now lets start a bunch of Telesco worshipping pics and stuff so he can start screwing up just like In Bobby's we trust and the AJ is god stuff I saw plenty of early in their respective runs.
                    Well, I guess if I had the Internet back in the Ortmayer days, I would have started some threads saying he sucks ass and so do Spanos and Henning. I know I screamed it from the Lodge section more than 10 times per season. It didn't make any of them any better.

Comment

• Boltdog
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Lunar Surface
                      • Nutrition Consultant
                      • Send PM

Still can't figure out what TT saw that made him trade up for Teo as opposed to staying put and taking a guy like Kiko Alonso. Teo was a disappointment given the opportunities he had on a depleted unit, and the injuries/ hesitation factors that held him back. Hopefully he can come on like Butler did, but when people talk about getting stronger--Hasn't he pretty well maxed out his frame? Otherwise TT should get better each year with his talent assessments, which bodes well for a team needing to build by the draft...
                      Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdog View Post
                        Still can't figure out what TT saw that made him trade up for Teo as opposed to staying put and taking a guy like Kiko Alonso. Teo was a disappointment given the opportunities he had on a depleted unit, and the injuries/ hesitation factors that held him back. Hopefully he can come on like Butler did, but when people talk about getting stronger--Hasn't he pretty well maxed out his frame? Otherwise TT should get better each year with his talent assessments, which bodes well for a team needing to build by the draft...
                        T'eo had one of the best performance as a LB in his senior year in a while, so the tape was probably a lot better than Alonzo's. You can't ignore 8 interceptions by an LB. As much as we denigrate the draft pundits, they had T'eo as a first rounder. Inside LB was a need, as they dumped Spikes. He had to be the highest guy on their board at the time, so it was probably that emotional decision to do the trade to get him. I think T'eo will get better on his own path, but he, Butler and the safeties would benefit the most with a guy that can at least hold the line at DT/NT. T'eo benefited from having Nix and Tuitt in front of him.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                          Fluent in Sarcasm
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Iowa
                          • Man of the People
                          • Send PM

I always thought Te'o's biggest strength was his ability to read defenses to put himself in the best position to make plays. He isn't the most physically talented LB that's ever come out, but his ability to understand what the offense is trying to do is what made him so successful in college. With that being said it makes sense why he had a mediocre year, but increased significantly as the season came to an end. Next year, provided he stays healthy, I expect him to take a big step forward and make a lot more plays. He won't ever be a Willis, Bowman, Beason type of player because he doesn't possess the same physical skills but he can still be a very successful player in this league just with his ability to read offenses.

Comment

Working...
                          X