Clear All
  • QSmokey
    Guardedly Optimistic
    • Jun 2013
    • Kuna, Idaho
    • Retired
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
    What about trying to trade him for another team's FA that may not have met expectations and also needs a change of scenery and has a similar contract obligation ?
    That brings back memories of the Rashaun Woods/Sammy Davis trade. I guess we could trade trash for trash (again) and see what happens.

Comment

• Steve
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • South Carolina
      • Meteorologist
      • Send PM

I'm not disagreeing with anyone. I think we are pretty unanimous that we think he was a mistake, and it is time to move on.

But I don't think TT agrees, and his is the only opinion that counts. Ours doesn't count at all. So, we can say it makes no sense, but that doesn't mean the Chargers are going to get rid of him.

I do agree with those that say, we don't have long to wait. If TT is going to make a move with Cox, it is going to be right away. If for no other reason then to end the speculation. And they are not going to wait to make a move, since they have the two June 1st slots. We can wait to cut players after June 1st, but freeing up a ton of cap space after June 1st really doesn't help except to sign draft picks, since it doesn't become available until June 1st. All the good FA will be signed long before that.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
        No Sir, I Dont Like It
        • Jun 2013
        • Section 457
        • Migrant Film Worker
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Restructure Clary and bring back Rhinehart and Ohrnberger. Draft a OT that can play OG. Have him compete for one of the starting OG spots. Can move to OT if we lose one. DX comes back and Floyd retires. Draft a WR and RB. Brown needs to be upgraded. Not sure we keep CBJ with Sorenson waiting.

Resign Butler and keep the D together with JJ and Freeney. Cut Cox and sign a starting CB. Marshall comes back for depth. Rather have Lissemore backing up at Nose. Sign a starting caliber NT

Draft an OLB/DE/DB

Keep the STs players.
        I agree 100% with everything you listed. The football knowledge here must be rubbing off on me somehows.

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beer Holder
        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
        sigpic

Comment

• blahblahblah
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

the staff has 7 weeks to evaluate. Doubt much happens before late Feb.

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

I doubt anything happens before march. Think about your job, if the most important decisions you have to make are several months off, why would you rush into them. You would use all the time you have, especially, since you need to evaluate every other teams situation first. We aren't going to start cutting people without looking at the draft and FA first to see what the chances of us getting replacements for our own losses.

The obvious exception is the Butler thing. That could happen pretty fast, although I doubt anyone is really going to push that along.

Comment

Working...
            X