• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Bisaccia to interview with Browns

In their comical, let's plan on not having a plan, strategic vision, the Browns are now interviewing Rich Bisaccia (who I think might actually be a darn good head coach). But the Browns pathetic front office continues to vex their loyal fans.

To review:

1. After being jilted at the altar last off season by Chip Kelley, they conducted a wide reaching search, said they wanted an innovative leader and selected Chud.
    2. They gutted the team, traded draft picks for future picks, saddled Chud with inferior Qbacking.
    3. They fired Chud because the team did not progress and they indicated they knew the new direction and new man they were targeting.
    4. They said they are now looking for a proven winner.
    5. They made it known that Josh "joshy" McDaniels is the coach for them. See number 4. Still scratching my head.
    6. Joshy turned them down.
    7. They said anyone they interviewed last offseason was not in the running.
    7a. They leaked that Jim Schwartz would be hired as DC.
    8. They interviewed Whiz. See number 7. He was passed over last off season.
    9. They began a calvacade of interviews...Todd Bowles (who turned them down after the interview), the defensive coordinator of the Bills (no head coaching experience), asked to speak to OC of the Broncos (no head coaching experience, 1st year as coordinator), interviewed the Seattle DC (no head coaching experience, first year as DC), they plan to speak to college coaches but none have agreed to talk to them, I probably missed a number of other third tier, questionable coaches they talked to, and they are now interviewing Bisaccia.

And you guys complain about the Spanos family? Sheesh.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I think Bisaccia is a good coach too, and he was a candidate for other HC jobs this season. I don't know if he's a good fit, unless he can pull decent coordinators out there out of his butt (Cameron and Phillips? HA!). The problem that the Browns and their Hydra is that it has no credibility as compared to the Hydra that had Ron Wolf a key part of it. The only football guy they have is someone that got fired by Al Davis and was a so-so analyst for the NFL Network, the other two are an owner who may be a crook, and a CEO who used to run a chain of clothing stores, and was a buddy of Jeffrey Lurie. The Browns think they actually have a plan, but its basically waiting for the best coordinator to be eliminated out of the Championship round.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Pretty sad. Cleveland's really gotten a raw deal overall. One of the great franchises of the old NFL. Years of suckitude. Rutigliano. Marty. Suckitude. Move to Baltimore, win championships. New club and stadium. Tim Couch. Suckitude. Norv. Freefall.

Wherever Norv goes, things get worse. Just saying.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
        Pretty sad. Cleveland's really gotten a raw deal overall. One of the great franchises of the old NFL. Years of suckitude. Rutigliano. Marty. Suckitude. Move to Baltimore, win championships. New club and stadium. Tim Couch. Suckitude. Norv. Freefall.

Wherever Norv goes, things get worse. Just saying.
        I have a hard time feeling sorry for Cleveland. They basically had a favor handed to them when Modell had every right (based on previous precedents set by the Raiders and Colts, and subsequently the Oilers/Titans) to up and move the way they did, lousy as it might seem (even though Modell was stonewalled by the city when lobbying for a new stadium). Not only were they given an expansion franchise (the 31st, which offset the scheduling balance for several years, necessitating adding one more team in Houston), they were given back the team name, the colors, and the history - still a head-scratcher, you move the whole franchise including players but leave behind the history? To me the history of the franchise is they were in Cleveland until 1997 when they moved their whole franchise to Baltimore. But anyway, the NFL, and to an extent Modell, gifted them back the whole franchise, something that doesn't happen to anyone else and will probably never happen again (it was laughable they used to put Al Lerner's initials on the jersey, he pretty much just amounted to being in the right place at the right time). Maybe they should have just worked with Modell in the first place, I mean afterwards they built that new stadium anyway.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I understand what you're saying, but the fans don't have much to do with that. They have always supported that franchise.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
            I understand what you're saying, but the fans don't have much to do with that. They have always supported that franchise.
            Well, that's the problem with NFL fans. They're so hellbent on being "true" fans that they'll support the team when they should be speaking with their wallet. There shouldn't be a single season ticket sold next year IMO.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

I think its funny that no one wants that job. Lombardi is a dumb fuck too. Who the hell hires a DC before the HC? Has Schwatrz ever ran a 3-4 defense before? He didnt at Tennessee.

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                Lombardi is a dumb fuck too. Who the hell hires a DC before the HC?
                AJ Smith?

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Tell me there isn't a resemblance.

DeweyN.png

RichB.png
                  Last edited by QSmokey; 01-17-2014, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Broncos OC Adam Gase is leaning toward remaining with Denver next season rather than pursue the Browns head-coaching job.
                    Gase is expected to interview with the Browns after he's eliminated from the playoffs, but reportedly loves his job in Denver and "relishes the idea" of spending a second season as Peyton Manning's offensive coordinator. It's a similar situation to Josh McDaniels, who withdrew his name from Cleveland's head-coaching search earlier this month. Gase, 35, is currently the NFL’s fourth-youngest offensive coordinator and may not be ready to run an entire team. He could wait until next year before making the leap to head coach.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Cleveland looks like career poison.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                        No Sir, I Dont Like It
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Section 457
                        • Migrant Film Worker
                        • Send PM

Think of Cleveland as the Sleazy Truckstop of NFL Franchises.

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beer Holder
                        Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X